Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to track maintenance at 36 St in (BKLYN), some northbound n.png trains are running on the q.png line from Stillwell Av to DeKalb Av, some northbound d.png train via f.png line Stillwell Av to W 4 St.

Allow additional travel time

Got to East Broadway around 2-2:30 and there were no (D) trains running on the (F). It's still on the site though, but I didn't see any over there.

Catastrophic delays from Bay Ridge to Atlantic Ave today.  Worst service in the past 12 months (when they had the disastrous all trains express from 59th to Atlantic about a year ago).  Waited 10 minutes for an off-schedule R train (running on a weird 10 minute supplement), then waited almost 20 minutes at 59th St for an N train (it appears every other N train was running via the Q line which they never announced), and then the conga line began from 36th to Atlantic.  I think we stopped dead on the tracks 8 or 9 times before we finally pulled into Atlantic Ave.  No wonder they were sending trains over the Q and F lines.  Next time they should send ALL D and ALL N trains over the F and Q lines, and just leave the R line alone to handle the 4th Ave corridor.  (To top it all off, they sent all uptown F trains express skipping 4th Avenue/9th St to further inconvenience anyone who needed local stops along the 4th Ave D/N/R corridor.)

I went to two different events today, and people were walking in 20, 30 , 40 minutes late (coming from all different parts of Brooklyn) and complaining about the MASSIVE delays in service.  Whoever thought this up really needs to be reassigned.

Catastrophic delays from Bay Ridge to Atlantic Ave today.  Worst service in the past 12 months (when they had the disastrous all trains express from 59th to Atlantic about a year ago).  Waited 10 minutes for an off-schedule R train (running on a weird 10 minute supplement), then waited almost 20 minutes at 59th St for an N train (it appears every other N train was running via the Q line which they never announced), and then the conga line began from 36th to Atlantic.  I think we stopped dead on the tracks 8 or 9 times before we finally pulled into Atlantic Ave.  No wonder they were sending trains over the Q and F lines.  Next time they should send ALL D and ALL N trains over the F and Q lines, and just leave the R line alone to handle the 4th Ave corridor.  (To top it all off, they sent all uptown F trains express skipping 4th Avenue/9th St to further inconvenience anyone who needed local stops along the 4th Ave D/N/R corridor.)

I went to two different events today, and people were walking in 20, 30 , 40 minutes late (coming from all different parts of Brooklyn) and complaining about the MASSIVE delays in service.  Whoever thought this up really needs to be reassigned.

I wish the MTA website were more detailed with their plans. It seems like mostly everyone on the inside knows about these things, but the public is left to figure it out on their own.

It is pathetic... NEARLY an HOUR ride from 59th Street to Atlantic Av on (N) around 12pm to 12:50pm. I counted 15+ stops..., holding at 59 St for 10 mins and 36 St for 15 mins to let the (R) go by. No announcements at the stations. Very little information from the conductors. Lots of angry commuters because they are LATE. Normally at least 15 mins from 59 St to Atlantic. Just great. Great job, MTA for little to NO communication to the customers.

It is pathetic... NEARLY an HOUR ride from 59th Street to Atlantic Av on (N) around 12pm to 12:50pm. I counted 15+ stops..., holding at 59 St for 10 mins and 36 St for 15 mins to let the (R) go by. No announcements at the stations. Very little information from the conductors. Lots of angry commuters because they are LATE. Normally at least 15 mins from 59 St to Atlantic. Just great. Great job, MTA for little to NO communication to the customers.

Thats what happens when the BMT plans making every subway service it has go through one station.

Guest Lance

No it's what happens when you have a conga line of trains all running on the same tracks. Some of the southbound (N)s should've been turned at Whitehall St so they wouldn't have to run into that mess on the return trip. Also, it's no excuse for piss-poor communication.

Im glad I didn't check out the (R) express G.O... I was hoping to see (R) s fly past 9 St, though I didn't remember the G.O. until later in the day. 

I got one (D) via Culver, though the train was OOS and the train was dark inside. All the signs still said (D) tho, and it took the local track up via Culver.

Due to signal problems at Grand Central-42 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 4.png trains are running with delays. 

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Some northbound 6.png trains are running express from 14 St to Grand Central-42 St.

Allow additional travel time. 

Due to a sick passanger at Lexington Avenue 59th Street the following happened:

All (N)(Q) and northbound (R) trains ended at 57th Street-7th Avenue

Manhattan bound (R) trains were rerouted via the (F) line from 36th Street, Queens to 57th Street-7th Avenue

I tried to get footage of the rerouted (R) train at Roosevelt Island but it never showed up so I left. This happened at around 1:45 and 2pm

Posted: 04/30/2013  5:24PM

Due to a train with mechanical problem at Utica Av, some southbound 4.png trains terminating at Bowling Green.

Fewer minutes ago, I just got off an R142A (4) that switched to the local track after Franklin but bypassed Nostrand and Kingston and was announced that it was going to New Lots. There was a R142 (4) sitting on the express track at Utica.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Posted: 04/30/2013  5:24PM

Due to a train with mechanical problem at Utica Av, some southbound 4.png trains terminating at Bowling Green.

Fewer minutes ago, I just got off an R142A (4) that switched to the local track after Franklin but bypassed Nostrand and Kingston and was announced that it was going to New Lots. There was a R142 (4) sitting on the express track at Utica.

Can't they switch over to the local just before Utica on the express? IIRC there is a double crossover just west of the station on both levels...

Also isn't there a switch to go to layup for the track to New Lots as well? They could have just switched before Utica and back over after...

@4P3607^^^

There's no X crossover between the express and local tracks at the S/B direction west of Utica, that's located at the east of the station. As I said before, there was a broken down R142 (4) after its termination and still sat at Utica. The R142A (4) that I was on was switched over to the local after Franklin but bypassed Nostrand and Kingston and the O/R & T/R were told to keep the train in service until New Lots. Due to a (3) that was already about two to three minutes away before its arrival.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Due to a passenger requiring medical assistance, downtown (2) and (3) trains are running on the local track between 96th Street and Times Square 42nd Street. That was around 3pm

I'm not sure what the situation was but downtown (C) and (E) trains ran on the express track from 59th Street Columbus Circle to Canal Street. That was at around 3pm

There is no 2.png and 5.png train service between Gun Hill Rd and 241 St due to FDNY activity on 225 St and White Plains Rd.

Customers are advised to use Bx39 bus service which will make nearby station stops.

Service Change Posted: 05/03/2013 3:28PM

Due to a sick customer at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, s/b 4.gif and 5.gif trains are turning at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Some n/b 5.gif trains will turn at Wall St, going back into Brooklyn.

Please expect delays on 4.gif and 5.gif train service.

Service Change Posted: 05/05/2013 12:26PM

Due to signal problem at Court St, some northbound Q.gif trains are terminating at Prospect Park.

Some northbound R.gif trains are running on the D.gif from Atlantic Av to W 4 St then operating on the M.gif line from W 4 St to Queens Plaza.

What about the (N) service?

Service Change Posted: 05/05/2013 12:26PM

Due to signal problem at Court St, some northbound Q.gif trains are terminating at Prospect Park.

Some northbound R.gif trains are running on the D.gif from Atlantic Av to W 4 St then operating on the M.gif line from W 4 St to Queens Plaza.

What about the (N) service?

My guess is they're letting (N) service through the tube because I think they're running on 11 or 12 minute intervals this weekend, which at least would give the signal maintainers a few minutes to get stuff done in the tube. 

I actually took an R from court yesterday morning, when there were also signal troubles in the tube, and because of the flagging and the 3 lines sharing a track, the trains were so stacked up the maintainers really could barely get onto the tracks before they had to clear up for a passing train. The N Q and R were running 11, 12 and 10 minute intervals respectively, but they were lined up one after another coming into the station.