Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Never knew High Street - Brooklyn Bridge could be so messed up; its sending select (A) trains via Delancey, the (C) is not running, and the (F) is delayed.

Due to ongoing signal problems at High St, the following service changes are in effect:

a.png trains are running local in Brooklyn and Manhattan in both directions.

Some northbound a.png trains are running on the f.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

There is no c.png train service between Euclid Av and 168 St in both directions.

Expect delays in f.png train service.

Maintainers are on the scene investigating. We will keep you updated.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QBL has been a mess this morning.

Mechanical problems on the w/b express track between Roosevelt and Queens Plaza, and there was an incident e/b express at Roosevelt

I saw that service alert and avoided it. Whenever they say "allow additional travel time" on the QBL, make sure you avoid at all costs. 

Service Change  Posted: 05/30/2017  7:12PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays on e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png trains.

Service Change  Posted: 05/30/2017  6:17PM

Due to signal problems at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound e.png trains are running local from Forest Hills-71 Av to Queens Plaza.

Some southbound f.png trains are running local from Forest Hills-71 Av to 21 St-Queensbridge.

Expect delays to e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png train service.

Rough commute for the QBL line. All day long the QBL has been having problems. 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound n.png trains are running on the q.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some southbound w.png trains terminate at Canal St.

Expect delays on e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains.

Why the (N) & (W) are being rerouted? Would that be the R that is being clogged in the delays. 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound n.png trains are running on the q.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some southbound w.png trains terminate at Canal St.

Expect delays on e.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains.

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound n.png trains are running on the q.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some southbound w.png trains terminate at Canal St.

Why the (N) & (W) are being rerouted? Would that be the R that is being clogged in the delays.

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound n.png trains are running on the q.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 96 St.

Some southbound w.png trains terminate at Canal St.

Whatever it takes to get more trains up 2nd Avenue ????

Possibly to mitigate some of the cascading delays across the Broadway line. To ensure that trains can make the return trip downtown, some trains were likely short-turned at the nearest terminal, which in this case is 96 Street. Of course, that would not help Astoria riders in the slightest.

Second day of QBL madness.

Just a fancy way of saying suspended...

BhQWejA.jpg

Almost got caught in that today.  The MTA site said there were delays for a couple of hours prior to me heading to the subway but I figured I'd transfer to the (7) at Roosevelt Ave if necessary.

I arrived at the 179th street (F) station only for the passengers walking out of the fare control area to tell us  that there are no trains running between Jamaica and Manhattan, then the announcement was made over the speakers.

There were lines building for the Q43 and people confused about how to get to where they were going.  I got on a packed Q43 figuring I'd take the (J) or the LIRR. The whole ride I'm refreshing the MTA site to check for updates. When the bus got to Sutphin & Hillside the site said "Good Service" so I got off just in case because the bus was slow anyway.

Contrary to the MTA's service status, there were people streaming out of the Suphin Blvd (F) station saying that there were no trains. I walked toward Archer Ave overhearing people on the phone (ex/com)plaining that the trains weren't running. Then I thought, the LIRR may cross honor. :D

I arrived at the Jamaica LIRR station ticket area to see if they were cross honoring, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The site still said "good service" for (A)(C)(E)(B)(D)(F)(M) . Then one of the ladies announced that they were cross honoring, so I headed to the platform for the next train to Penn Station. Only once I got to the platform did the MTA service alert update to show that all "southbound" QBL trains were being held in stations,  etc.

B-)

It would be nice to know that the trains aren't running before getting off the bus (so I could just stay on to the bus terminal), this is the 3rd time I've encountered this!

1st time was the (F) train derailment. ( Took the (J) Train)

2nd time was the "unauthorized" person on the tracks at 169th street. (that time I just took the (E) from Jamaica Center)

And I heard about yesterday's issues, it should be called the Queens BULL Line :lol:  

Almost got caught in that today.  The MTA site said there were delays for a couple of hours prior to me heading to the subway but I figured I'd transfer to the (7) at Roosevelt Ave if necessary.

I arrived at the 179th street (F) station only for the passengers walking out of the fare control area to tell us  that there are no trains running between Jamaica and Manhattan, then the announcement was made over the speakers.

There were lines building for the Q43 and people confused about how to get to where they were going.  I got on a packed Q43 figuring I'd take the (J) or the LIRR. The whole ride I'm refreshing the MTA site to check for updates. When the bus got to Sutphin & Hillside the site said "Good Service" so I got off just in case because the bus was slow anyway.

Contrary to the MTA's service status, there were people streaming out of the Suphin Blvd (F) station saying that there were no trains. I walked toward Archer Ave overhearing people on the phone (ex/com)plaining that the trains weren't running. Then I thought, the LIRR may cross honor. :D

I arrived at the Jamaica LIRR station ticket area to see if they were cross honoring, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The site still said "good service" for (A)(C)(E)(B)(D)(F)(M) . Then one of the ladies announced that they were cross honoring, so I headed to the platform for the next train to Penn Station. Only once I got to the platform did the MTA service alert update to show that all "southbound" QBL trains were being held in stations,  etc.

B-)

It would be nice to know that the trains aren't running before getting off the bus (so I could just stay on to the bus terminal), this is the 3rd time I've encountered this!

1st time was the (F) train derailment. ( Took the (J) Train)

2nd time was the "unauthorized" person on the tracks at 169th street. (that time I just took the (E) from Jamaica Center)

And I heard about yesterday's issues, it should be called the Queens BULL Line :lol:  

Don't you feel lucky?  :lol: Took Metro-North in today and yesterday.  Was right on time...  :D The LIRR is a faux railroad, and the (MTA) runs a faux subway system.