Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday's service alert:

As an alternative customers in Queens are advised to use r.png or 7.png train service to/from Manhattan.

They're finally suggesting alternative routings/lines.

Before they wouldn't say a word, and let passengers at 71st Continental or Roosevelt Ave stay on, or get right on the (E) and (F) and get stuck between express stations while the Locals rolled by constantly.

Due to a train with mechanical problems at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (B) train service between Brighton Beach and Bedford Pk Blvd in both directions.

Some northbound (D) trains are running on the line from Coney Island-Stillwell Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Northbound (Q) trains are running on the line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Expect delays in (B), (D), (Q) and (R) and train service.

Allow additional travel time.

They forgot to add that uptown (N) and (Q) s run local in Manhattan as some (B) and (D) s are being relayed on the northbound express tracks between 34th St and 57th St.

They forgot to add that uptown (N) and (Q) s run local in Manhattan as some (B) and (D) s are being relayed on the northbound express tracks between 34th St and 57th St.

Nope thats not the case. According to people on NYCT Subway Twitter, those (B) Trains that are on the Brighton aren't moving at all.

Edited by Daniel The Cool

They also forgot to add that some Manhattan bound (D) trains terminate at 36 Street and Manhattan bound (D)(N) trains are running local, due to first, a sick passenger and second, a train with mechanical problems, which then got offloaded and then broke down a second time near 25 St

I also saw a (D) train wrong railing at Atlantic-Barclays, which I assume got stuck in the Manhattan Bridge/DeKalb Avenue mess and got told by RCC to reverse back.

Delays all over the A Division, but this has just not been a good month for the (7) at all:

Service Change  Posted: 04/25/2017  8:29AM

Due to signal problems at Mets-Willets Pt, 34 St bound 7_diamond.png express trains are running local from Mets-Willets Pt to 74 St-Broadway.

Main St-bound 7.png trains are running with delays.

The (J) and (Z) have delays as well, but what's this?

Service Change  Posted: 04/25/2017  8:36AM

Due to signal problems at Rector St, northbound r.png and w.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound r.png trains are running on the q.png line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Expect delays on q.png, r.png and w.png trains.

Delays all over the A Division, but this has just not been a good month for the (7) at all:

Forget about this month. The (7) has been a mess for years.  I have ex co-workers that relied on it that had stories that were just insane.  Delayed trains, overcrowding as a result and just complete chaos.  Better them than me.

Forget about this month. The (7) has been a mess for years.  I have ex co-workers that relied on it that had stories that were just insane.  Delayed trains, overcrowding as a result and just complete chaos.  Better them than me.

Seem like to me  since they started the new signaling system on that line delays has been often....Dont tell me technology is failing already on that line...And whats been up with the westside delays  (1)  (2)  (3) ...Starting to be like the eastside  (4)  (5)  (6).... :blink:  

Seem like to me  since they started the new signaling system on that line delays has been often....Dont tell me technology is failing already on that line...And whats been up with the westside delays  (1)  (2)  (3) ...Starting to be like the eastside  (4)  (5)  (6).... :blink:  

I'm so glad my client on the Upper West Side is taking a break because the (1)(2)(3) is a mess. The crowding is worsening, even with the (B)(C) nearby.  

From what I've experienced, the (7) doesn't have delays too much of the time and I'm a frequent user. But when they do, all shit breaks through. The delays from line crowding build up because so many people rely on it. Most of the time they will do reroutes randomly, like terminate the train here and go back the other direction. Multiple fights have gone on when the trains are delayed cause everybody is pushing to get on and that creates more chaos than there already is.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

From what I've experienced, the (7) doesn't have delays too much of the time and I'm a frequent user. But when they do, all shit breaks through. The delays from line crowding build up because so many people rely on it. Most of the time they will do reroutes randomly, like terminate the train here and go back the other direction. Multiple fights have gone on when the trains are delayed cause everybody is pushing to get on and that creates more chaos than there already is.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Lately the (L) has been pretty good too.havent seen too many advisories at all.

At this point, I think walking is a better idea than taking the rails:

Service Change  Posted: 04/26/2017  5:39PM

Due to signal problems at Wall St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Some southbound 2.png trains are running on the 1.png line from Chambers St to Rector St then terminate.

B Division:

Service Change  Posted: 04/26/2017  4:55PM

Due to signal problems at Lexington Av-53 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running on the f.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

71 Av bound m.png trains are running on the f.png line from 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr to 36 St (Qns).

Expect delays to e.png, f.png and m.png train service.

And now, for the coup de grace:

Service Change  Posted: 04/26/2017  6:18PM 

Due to signal problems at Queensboro Plaza, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound n.png and w.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St to 36 St (Qns).

Poor 63rd street...

Edited by RR503