Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep all trains affected by Dekalb Jct are suspended at their respective terminal stations or discharged at subsequent stations. Mad traffic on McDonald ave is not helping any one.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

That had nothing to do with the (M) since all (M) trains this weekend are going up to 96 St because of the (L) being out

That had nothing to do with the (M) since all (M) trains this weekend are going up to 96 St because of the (L) being out

I think what they're saying is that the (F) was the only one going to Manhattan from South West Brooklyn (apparently the issue is fixed) and that there are no trains south of Church Ave this weekend, so the traffic on Mc Donald Ave isn't helping the situation.

I think what they're saying is that the (F) was the only one going to Manhattan from South West Brooklyn (apparently the issue is fixed) and that there are no trains south of Church Ave this weekend, so the traffic on Mc Donald Ave isn't helping the situation.

Exactly. Also, he said the (M) was the ONLY train serving 96th street at the time and I explained why which was due to the ConEd power problem at Dekalb avenue which suspended (N)(Q)(R)(D) at their terminals.

Yet another power failure at DeKalb Av...

Service Change  Posted: 05/09/2017  9:02AM 

Due to a loss of power affecting signals at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (B) train service between Brighton Beach and Bedford Park Blvd in both directions.

Southbound (D) trains are running on the (C) line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to W 4 St-Washington Sq then via (F) line to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Northbound (D) trains are terminating at 36 St (Brooklyn). 

(R) trains are running on the (N) line between Atlantic-Barclays Ctr and Canal St in both directions.

Some southbound (N) and (Q) trains are terminating at Canal St.

Expect extensive delays in (C)(F)(N)(Q)(R) and (W) train service.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change Posted: 05/16/2017 3:24PM

Due to NYPD investigation at Longwood Av, the following service changes are in effect:

6 Subway and 6 Express Subway trains no service between Parkchester and 125 St in both directions.

Some northbound 6 Subway and 6 Express Subway are are running on the 4 Subway line from 125 St to 149 St-Grand Concourse and terminate.

Expect delays on 4 Subway, 5 Subway and 6 Subway trains.in both directions.

As an alternative customers are advised to utilize, the BX4, BX4A, BX15, BX19, BX24 or the BX33 local bus service.

What do you do if your the dispatcher? What do you do with all those 6 trains on the railroad?

What do you do if your the dispatcher? What do you do with all those 6 trains on the railroad?

Well you need to keep some trains on both sections of the line for when service resumes, so I think the plan that was put in place was the best. As soon as service resumes, you have enough trains available on the Bronx end to get people back to Manhattan, and you have enough trains on the 125th-Brooklyn Bridge section to get people back to The Bronx. If there's any extra trains blocking other (6) trains from terminating, they should run up the middle track further up the (4) line (say, to Burnside Avenue)

Well you need to keep some trains on both sections of the line for when service resumes, so I think the plan that was put in place was the best. As soon as service resumes, you have enough trains available on the Bronx end to get people back to Manhattan, and you have enough trains on the 125th-Brooklyn Bridge section to get people back to The Bronx. If there's any extra trains blocking other (6) trains from terminating, they should run up the middle track further up the (4) line (say, to Burnside Avenue)

That is close to what I would have done.  I would have simply had the (6) run with the (4) to Woodlawn with some (6) trains turning at 149 or Burnside (express to Woodlawn, local going back)

Due to FDNY activity at 14 St-Union Sq, southbound (4) and (5) trains are running local from 125 St to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Expect delays on southbound (4)(5) and (6) train service.

Also spotted a rerouted (2) not long ago at Spring St. And yep, it was on the local track.

Service Change  Posted: 05/19/2017 10:05AM 

Due to a station condition at Hoyt St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Southbound 3.png trains are running on the 1.png line from Chambers St to South Ferry.

3.png shuttle train service operating between New Lots Av and  Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Some southbound 3.png trains are terminating at 42 St-Times Sq14 StChambers St or Wall St.

Southbound 4.png trains are running local from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Crown Hts-Utica Av.

Southbound 5.png trains are running local from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College.

Expect delays in 1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png train service.

It's not over for the A Division:

Service Change  Posted: 05/19/2017  4:19PM

Due to signal problems in the Joralemon Tube, the following service changes are in effect:

4.png and 5.png trains has no service between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Bowling Green.

Some southbound 4.png trains are terminating at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall or Bowling Green.

Some northbound 4.png are terminating at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Due to emergency repairs in the Joralemon Tube, the following service changes are in effect:

4.png and 5.png trains has no service between Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and Bowling Green.

Some southbound 4.png trains are terminating at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall or Bowling Green.

Some northbound 4.png are terminating at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Expect delays on 2.png, 3.png, 4.png and 5.png trains.

Seriously? They will do the weekend work at the tube anyways. The rush hour is going be a mess for sure. 

@ Abba: To be fair, 149th/GC can only turn so many trains at once, so if they didn't want to send any (6) trains further up, then the only alternative is to hold (6) trains at stations to prevent more backups (trains being stuck between stations in the tunnel). At least in that case, passengers have options if they get impatient (go upstairs and take a local/limited bus, or maybe even an express bus if that works out for them, or get out and walk to an express station)

I'm curious as to why they didn't just have the trains bypass Longwood Avenue. Unless the suspect ran onto the tracks or it was a 12-9 or something. (But lately, they've been a little more open about 12-9's occurring).

Jeez it just keeps going...

Delays  Posted: 05/19/2017  5:34PM 

Following an earlier incident in the Joralemon Tube2.png3.png4.png and 5.png train service has resumed with delays. 

Service Change  Posted: 05/19/2017  5:03PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 3 Av-138 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no northbound 6_diamond.png express train service.

Expect delays on 4.png5.png and 6.png trains.

Service Change  Posted: 05/19/2017  2:29PM 

Due to signal problems at Borough Hall, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Expect delays on 2.png3.png4.png and 5.png trains.

This ones emergency repairs. Something unforeseen happened in the tubes, who knows. But i know mad people are gonna be pissed.

looks like t least 2 trains went BIE then they posted signal problems then some northbound 5,s were via 2.Then they just shut down the whole tunnel to fix whatever problem it was.My question is once one train goes BIE the next train that goes BIE same spot has to do an investigation ? That's annoying to sit in a tunnel for at least 20 minutes.It happened to me once they found some debris on the track. Edited by Abba

Looks like it happened on southbound local.Southbound express is closed therefore only choice is to shut down line.they did post alternatives pretty well on website.I give them credit.They could have posted nothing.