Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody is waiting for you to say somthing lol :D    and i just got my congrats letter just a few weeks ago and I took the exam in nov / dec you should call them and they can tell you if it was mailed out it could have been lost in the mail, thats what i had to do.   good luck

How is that possible if this exam was offered in January of 2013? And Rodney is saying that he took the exam in November/December?

Something is not right here...

I believe, if you  decline the part time offer, theres a high percentage chance the ones that do get hired as part time will have seniority over you and they will be the first to get the Full time position when theirs an full time position open. Its logic folks.

Part-time offer is with the MTA Bus Company...this exam is for NYC Transit Bus Operator...2 separate divisions my friend...

But it all make sense.... Hire more part time to fill in the spaces instead of hiring one.. But do remember this.. just because your hired doesnt mean you are fully with the team.. you must go to a 7 or 10 day training first. And From what i have heard by family members who drives the TA/OA bus that not many people pass the final training class..Good luck to u all.. im still waiting for the 3101 testing 

Good to hear from you guys again! ◀:-)

I taken the BOSS exam on December 12th, 2012. I was supposed to take it on November 5th, 2012 but all the thanks to hurricane Sandy! Anyhow I wet to 180 Livingston street on Friday April 18th, 2013 and the helpful lady behind the glass window in the lobby (her name is Vicky) told me my status is processing. Whatever that's supposed to mean. As of today I still have no word of my result on the exam. This is beginning to wear me out! lol. I'll keep you guys informed whenever there's a sign of life! Good luck to all!

not sure on the 40 month wait   as for the  point reduction start from the day you received the ticket  

Are you sure about that ?

I think you dont have any points until you plead guilty, or pay the fine, or found guilty by hearing.

So if you got a ticket in 2000 and went to court in 2001 and was found guilty, the points start in 2001

yes  , once you plead guilty or get found guilty the point reduction starts from the day you received the ticket . this is how come a good lawyer will keep postponing  your court dates , so by the time you plead or get found guilty  your point reduction will be over 

yes  , once you plead guilty or get found guilty the point reduction starts from the day you received the ticket . this is how come a good lawyer will keep postponing  your court dates , so by the time you plead or get found guilty  your point reduction will be over 

I could be wrong, but that has been changed few years ago (5? )  and now it starts from the guilty date.

MTA dont even need to know about the ticket until you are found guilty ( in most cases )

• 2 weeks later...

took the exam today at FDR High School in Brooklyn i live in staten island and had a white Letter. everyone else in my exam room also had a white letter. with that being said the test was pretty simple and straight forward mostly common sense and some traffic questions reading comprehension and scenario questions. i studied for this test with a book that was refered to me from someone who is already a bus operator for the mta he said the book helped him out alot ill be honest it helped a little bit but i really didnt need to study that book. i already posses my cdl class b with passenger endorsement, and from what ive herd your best bet is to already have your cdl by the time you get called. anyways the test was pretty easy in my opinion. if you have been driving for a while and have good knowledge of the nyc area, nyc neighborhhoods, and basic traffic rules and sign reading you should do fine. good luck to everyone

My experience pretty much mirrors your's .  Was 40 questions & I was agog at how quickly I was done. I hadn't  had time to finish more than 1 fifth of the test book  due to moving  & other drama, so i was dreading a huge failure.  I took my test at Midwood with the line around the block. Seemed like a 1,000 guys testing that day.     Really feel I aced it pretty much. I was the first one done in like 15-20 minutes.

Whats up everyone i got a letter from the MTA today with the new proposed answer key and now out of 80 questions i got 10 wrong. When they posted the answer key online i had 15 wrong so if you didnt get that letter yet its coming. im cool wit 10 wrong because when i finished the test thats how many i thought i had wrong any but when i checked it online and i had 15 wrong that freaked me out.

Whats up everyone i got a letter from the MTA today with the new proposed answer key and now out of 80 questions i got 10 wrong. When they posted the answer key online i had 15 wrong so if you didnt get that letter yet its coming. im cool wit 10 wrong because when i finished the test thats how many i thought i had wrong any but when i checked it online and i had 15 wrong that freaked me out.

Someone told me a few days ago this was going to happen. By the way Dee what date did you take the test on? This information would help some who are wondering like myself

And location?

I got the same thing in the mail yesterday. Had 22 wrong the first time and had a 72.50 and now I got 15 wrong with a score of 81.25 with the new proposed answer key. I kinda knew something was wrong with this answer key. Because their is no way people get low scores like this. I have a feeling the people that failed by a couple of points probably passed.

Someone told me a few days ago this was going to happen. By the way Dee what date did you take the test on? This information would help some who are wondering like myself

And location?

I think she's talking about the test on January 26, 2013 at FDR High School.

I got the same thing in the mail yesterday. Had 22 wrong the first time and had a 72.50 and now I got 15 wrong with a score of 81.25 with the new proposed answer key. I kinda knew something was wrong with this answer key. Because their is no way people get low scores like this. I have a feeling the people that failed by a couple of points probably passed. I think she's talking about the test on January 26, 2013 at FDR High School.

There is only one proposed answer key for that date on the 26th so I'm guessing it was the same test at all the schools for that date. Anyhow I had taken the test on the 26th myself. Through the first 40 questions I had gotten 11 wrong. I thought I was in trouble but over the next 40 I had gotten just 3 wrong which gave me a total score of 82.5%. I felt I had done better than that but comparing to what happened when I scored the first 40 questions I guess I had to be somewhat satisfied in the end! But now that they are sending a new answer key I hope I don't do worse than the 82.5% I figured so far! Gee...they sure know how to put you on the edge!

I got a letter from MTA with the new proposed answer keys. Before I head 14 wrong and that gave me a score of 82.5%. Now with the new answer key I got only 8 wrong! Wow what an improvement! So according to the new update that gives me a score of 90%...YIPPEEEEE AY AAAA!!!!

I got a letter from MTA with the new proposed answer keys. Before I head 14 wrong and that gave me a score of 82.5%. Now with the new answer key I got only 8 wrong! Wow what an improvement! So according to the new update that gives me a score of 90%...YIPPEEEEE AY AAAA!!!!

Thats great news by the way i took the test on Jan 26 at FDR.

Thats great news by the way i took the test on Jan 26 at FDR.

Thanks Dee. I heard that you did better too. Good luck to you! Also I Finally got my result from the BOSS exam for the 2301 the next day and it is a CONGRATULATIONS LETTER! YIPPY AY AAAA to that as well! I believe once you pass the BOSS exam that you don't have to re-take it again. So that should mean that when we get to the part on the 2613 exam I won't have to take it again. I also applied for the 3101 MABTSOA so that should be covered as well!

Archived