Mac or PC?

I have a mac and a PC

I've had the mac for 2 years and it has been slowly degrading.. its getting slower, overheats and force closes a lot

The PC on the other had, has worked awesome and feels brand new, but I have had it for 5 years..

PC all the way!

Been using Macs and PCs for a long time now. My desktop is a 20" iMac (Intel) and my laptop is a Dell Latitude. Ironically, they both have issues: iMac has a faulty LCD and the Dell locks up a lot and refuses to power on sometimes.

Can't win either way, I guess.

Mac, but I run Bootcamp time to time though. Personally like Macs for the graphics and video editing programs, but let's just say I've been putting those warranties to good use. Two broken logic boards and one failed hard drive in two computers. Not impressive in the least.

I work with PCs occasionally, but my preference goes to Macs. I do a lot of graphic design, and Macs are built for them. And I won't lie when I say that the Macs also have a much sleeker, cleaner presentation, while the PCs are bulky with the required tower and can be a royal eyesore. I owned a Dell for about four years before it permanently broke down in July 2005.

However, right now I'm borrowing my mom's laptop because my ten-month-old iMac's in the shop being repaired. I should get it back soon and see what the problem was.

How old were the systems?

MacBook we got a dead logic board after two years and then the hard drive went kaput two years after that, then I moved to a MacBook Pro and the logic board went bye-bye on that after a year. All work was covered by Apple but it's ridiculous to spend that much hard-earned money on a computer that (with the MacBook Pro) you're using for work and then see the thing die on you.

I use Dell computers. The desktops are more reliable than the laptops but thats in general for any computer brand. I never got into apple because they're too expensive for me. I am also not liking where they are going with taking the optical drives out of the newer models and requiring you to get an external.

I use Dell computers. The desktops are more reliable than the laptops but thats in general for any computer brand. I never got into apple because they're too expensive for me. I am also not liking where they are going with taking the optical drives out of the newer models and requiring you to get an external.

You're kidding right? Dell desktops are the worst. And their customer support isn't that great either. On the other had, I like their laptops.

I use PC's, I've had a MacBook but I'm not much of a video/music editor so, it wasn't for me at all.

You're kidding right? Dell desktops are the worst. And their customer support isn't that great either. On the other had, I like their laptops.

I use PC's, I've had a MacBook but I'm not much of a video/music editor so, it wasn't for me at all.

I've had plenty of Dell Desktops, they last quite a while. I've only had one have a serious failure. a Dimension E521, I have spare computers in my basement, an optiplex 150, dimension 2300, and a dimension 4700, right now i use a dell studio 540. They all power on and work fine, despite the older ones being slow and out of date.

I dunno what other people are doing to them. The Optiplex I got out of the dumpster at my college, it was a former computer lab computer, so it had plenty of abuse before I got it.

My current desktop is a Dell, built back in 2006, it's served me well, but it's severely outdated. If it was possible I'd have torn everything out and rebuilt the damn thing.

But that's not an easy fix. You could build a decent powerhouse of a computer for under 1500 if you do your research, I'm looking at building a beast with an unlocked Intel Core i7, 8 gigs or more of random access memory, so and so, I'm looking for a build capable of high definition video editing, looking for speedy rendering times.

And oh yeah, FRESH hard drive, no crap that you don't need, only the software YOU want to install.

I've had plenty of Dell Desktops, they last quite a while. I've only had one have a serious failure. a Dimension E521, I have spare computers in my basement, an optiplex 150, dimension 2300, and a dimension 4700, right now i use a dell studio 540. They all power on and work fine, despite the older ones being slow and out of date.

I dunno what other people are doing to them. The Optiplex I got out of the dumpster at my college, it was a former computer lab computer, so it had plenty of abuse before I got it.

Then I've must of lucked out. I had 2 Dell Dimensions, forgot the model number but around 2006 models. Both failed horribly on me, got RMA'd and sent replacements and those failed also. I ended up building my own rig which costed me less and lasted twice as long as all 4 Dell's I had combined.

Archived