Should NICE consider articulated buses?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The n6 has 5 peak minute frequencies. Putting articulated buses on it would only give veolia an excuse to decrease frequency to 7-8 minutes IMO. #profitmargin

Correction: The combined headways (n6 local and n6 express) is 5 minutes, the n6 local alone is every 10 minutes rush hours, which is what 80% of the n6 ridership is based from (the local stops). I don't see NICE cutting back service even with Artics. Too full to do that.

Only problem is that there is this n6 that interlines with the n17, so Artics on the n17 is overkill.

The n6 has 5 peak minute frequencies. Putting articulated buses on it would only give veolia an excuse to decrease frequency to 7-8 minutes IMO. #profitmargin 

Correction: The combined headways (n6 local and n6 express) is 5 minutes, the n6 local alone is every 10 minutes rush hours, which is what 80% of the n6 ridership is based from (the local stops). I don't see NICE cutting back service even with Artics. Too full to do that.

Only problem is that there is this n6 that interlines with the n17, so Artics on the n17 is overkill.

Interlines change every time there is a schedule change, so if NICE were to get artics, they would most likely do a schedule change where a driver manning an artic would only do routes that require artic buses like the n6, n4, n20, n40/41. Also, don't be so quick to assume that there would be less frequency in buses due to artics.

Being that NICE tries to be efficient, I can see them reducing frequencies with Artics.

And even if that happens, it won't necessarily turn out negatively. They may do it in such a way that it doesn't effect badly at all.

sounds more like an addendum than a correction, check my post, I never mentioned anything about local or limited. thank you for the additional information.

Archived