Xcelsior Artic: A Love Affair

East New York

So much better looking than the XD40, and that didn't even seem possible. I love these things, just hope they can take NYC streets, but I'm optimistic. If they're anything like the first 1000s, they'll be fantastic.

I remember when the artics first went into service, I was talking to a B/O who told me New Flyer was and would stay the leader in the artic game for a long time. He said that they had the patent to that swiveling centerpiece, and everybody from truck tractor companies to other bus manufacturers wanted in on the technology. You can tell just from the D60s to the LFSAs what a difference it makes, and if these have it, they should be fantastic.

So much better looking than the XD40, and that didn't even seem possible. I love these things, just hope they can take NYC streets, but I'm optimistic. If they're anything like the first 1000s, they'll be fantastic.

I remember when the artics first went into service, I was talking to a B/O who told me New Flyer was and would stay the leader in the artic game for a long time. He said that they had the patent to that swiveling centerpiece, and everybody from truck tractor companies to other bus manufacturers wanted in on the technology. You can tell just from the D60s to the LFSAs what a difference it makes, and if these have it, they should be fantastic.

I agree, I didn't think it was possible either this I saw the XN60 at APTA. That baby looks good rolling down the street. I'm about to swipe the life out of my Metrocard as soon as she hits the street!

These New Flyer orders are actually historic! #205 is the 4,000th NFI CNG. Who ever would have thought it would be an MTA C40LF?

Both 1000 buses will likely go to the museum. I can almost bet you my life this 1000, and 205 are already slated for the museum.

you said u can see 1000 and 205 heading to the museum...so i was asking are u talking about the museum like all the vintage museum buses?? with the Orion VI and jamaica RTS and the GMCs?

That's the only museum that would have them.

Nope, the XD60s will get swinging doors!

I don't know. Those may be slide-glide doors like the LFSA's.

I don't know. Those may be slide-glide doors like the LFSA's.

nope...if you look at the interior photos...look at the back doors theres handles that lead to the door...and theres no shield that protects people sitting behind it from swingining....and if you look at the back doors from exterior photos you dont see the black latches on the bottom of the door like the front door has...that shows if it opens inward or not

• 2 weeks later...

Archived