Depots Damaging Buses??

XcelsiorBoii4888

b/os are part of the depot...they do...do slick things on there layover...not everyone is good...and seeing some of the things on s.i buses...it seems to weird to see that a passenger would do that...so maybe the maintanance workers do some stuff...i dont have proof...but i never seen a passenger break something on a bus...

Like I said... I know for a fact that I've seen cigarette butts on the express buses and that most certainly didn't come from a passenger. I actually saw a B/O deadheading after doing an X90 run back to Quill smoking a cigarette while coming off of the FDR. <_< That was back when they still used the Orions with the soft seats on the X90.

Like I said... I know for a fact that I've seen cigarette butts on the express buses and that most certainly didn't come from a passenger. I actually saw a B/O deadheading after doing an X90 run back to Quill smoking a cigarette while coming off of the FDR. <_< That was back when they still used the Orions with the soft seats on the X90.

speaking of express buses there was this x28 driver on an MCI deadheading back to ulmer park smoking...i saw him turning left on cropsey from neptune ave...

b/os are part of the depot...they do...do slick things on there layover...not everyone is good...and seeing some of the things on s.i buses...it seems to weird to see that a passenger would do that...so maybe the maintanance workers do some stuff...i dont have proof...but i never seen a passenger break something on a bus...

Just because you don't see passengers damaging buses, doesn't mean they never do it. I'm not saying it's only the B/O's, but as it was said many times, it's a combination of many things.

I've seen and xd40 with the back single seat on the left side missing...just the wheel hump....i believe it was 4888...and i,ve seen a 3G with no back cover...it was just rolling around with the engine open and nothing to close it...OHH and speaking of these BT&E buses...Nova LFS 8017 caught on fire a lil while back...i saw it burning up in Brooklyn as i was on a B70.

I've seen and xd40 with the back single seat on the left side missing...just the wheel hump....i believe it was 4888...and i,ve seen a 3G with no back cover...it was just rolling around with the engine open and nothing to close it...OHH and speaking of these BT&E buses...Nova LFS 8017 caught on fire a lil while back...i saw it burning up in Brooklyn as i was on a B70.

That fire with 8017 is old news.....

ok this thread goes for all depots but from my experiences on staten island buses...ok we all know that staten island bus riders are not the best riders, but come on..this is some of the things i see on buses...

1. on some Orion VII NGs the s78 and s79...the yellow tape on the back door would be missing...or half peeled off...then when you touch it it dont work....does a passenger really do that on a bus with other people around? 4251 was the only one i remembered

2. the pull cords...ok yess people pull them hard...and some people play with them...but staten islanders Are SOOO used to them knowing that the Orion Vs Orion VII NGs and the Novas have pull cords....so tell me why are the xcelsiors the only bus model to have more than half the fleet with broken pull cords? the Nova LFS are good havent seen none broke or on the Orion VII 3Gs...just the xcelsiors...why? 4870 4871 4879 4881 4886 4896 just to put that out and thats not all the buses...theres a video on youtube of 4896 with broken pull cord...

3. the stop requested signs on Orion VII NGs and 3Gs....why are some upside down....showing just a red screen...or not fully alligned on the board? people cant control that so why is it happening? 7088 7074 7062

4. you know the silver bars on the seats in buses? that looks like a head rest...some of those look like they were snatched off on the Orion VII 3Gs.....would a passenger really spend that much time on a bus with other people trying to snatch of the bar?? 7070 is the bus

5. the nova lfs the back seats some are missing the cover...do you know how loud the snap would be on a bus with other people around? do you think someone would try to get caught? and where are the covers? would passenger walk off a bus with it? 8005 and 8022 are the only ones o remember...

now i really cant see people doing all of this on a bus....so who esle would...can the depot be the one doing these things? just something i see as a regular s.i bus rider...

Not only you are crazy for thinking that maintenance workers are doing this, but you are crazy for remembering each bus number. I can not keep track of the bus that I had 2 days ago, and you remember whats broken in what bus...

Get a life !

It's been my experience that b/o's don't really damage anything in the bus other than what's in the operators area. On every single LFSA at 126th, the front lower heater vent has been ripped out to make a coffee cup holder by the drivers. They also pry the backs of the seatbelt reals off and jam transfers in there so the seatbelt won't retract on all the buses, they jam toothpicks into the lock on the little cubby hole in the fronts of the LFSA's so they won't lock, and usually if you smell piss on the rear of a bus it's from a driver...

Not only you are crazy for thinking that maintenance workers are doing this, but you are crazy for remembering each bus number. I can not keep track of the bus that I had 2 days ago, and you remember whats broken in what bus...

Get a life !

First of all dont call me crazy...im not dumba** like u...i have a brain that remembers things...i have a life thats going very successful and in the future will be ten times better than yours...and if u read the thread you will see that its possible for this happening in MaBSTOA or SI division bus depots...so sit back and shut your stupidd a** up

It's been my experience that b/o's don't really damage anything in the bus other than what's in the operators area. On every single LFSA at 126th, the front lower heater vent has been ripped out to make a coffee cup holder by the drivers. They also pry the backs of the seatbelt reals off and jam transfers in there so the seatbelt won't retract on all the buses, they jam toothpicks into the lock on the little cubby hole in the fronts of the LFSA's so they won't lock, and usually if you smell piss on the rear of a bus it's from a driver...

If they're going to **** up every bus why not just make a spot for a friggin' coffee cup holder? Jesus. That is no excuse to tear up a bus like that. Also there are something called bathrooms... Anytime I went riding with my uncle, we always had a place to use the rest room in between runs. That's just tacky.

LMAO! I've seen the coffee cup holder mod on all of our LFSA's too lmao. Personally I treat these buses as if they were my own car let alone because I know how much money was dished out for each bus. It's only right to treat them with respect.

First of all dont call me crazy...im not dumba** like u...i have a brain that remembers things...i have a life thats going very successful and in the future will be ten times better than yours...and if u read the thread you will see that its possible for this happening in MaBSTOA or SI division bus depots...so sit back and shut your stupidd a** up

Easy there don't want to derail the topic.

, and usually if you smell piss on the rear of a bus it's from a driver...

So that's why alot of times when I stand near the rear on a RTS it reeks LOL.

If they're going to **** up every bus why not just make a spot for a friggin' coffee cup holder? Jesus. That is no excuse to tear up a bus like that. Also there are something called bathrooms... Anytime I went riding with my uncle, we always had a place to use the rest room in between runs. That's just tacky.

They are not suppose to be drinking anything while operation the bus let alone modifying the bus to fit their own needs. And it doesn't stop at coffee cups. They eventually start stuffing garbage into that same hole for no reason...

They are not suppose to be drinking anything while operation the bus let alone modifying the bus to fit their own needs. And it doesn't stop at coffee cups. They eventually start stuffing garbage into that same hole for no reason...

Oh I know the deal, but of course they have breaks. That's why I say they should have a spot for at least water or something. I mean my uncle, he's one of those that just can go for hours without eating or drinking anything, so the last time I went out with him (years ago), we got sandwiches and drinks on the "dinner run" if you will (I think he had around 45 minutes or so) and then later on I ran into some store and got a few snacks up in Harlem, but that was it for the whole day.

The bathroom thing I don't quite get though. I know it's tough sometimes because you get stuck in traffic and everything, but he was doing the M101/102/103 line at that time and I remember I had a chance to use the bathroom. There was a spot down by 8th street near the bus stop that we used, and then when he did a M102 run, I used the bathroom in the old Mother Clara Hale Depot.

I guess the excuse would be that they're short on time. I do recall that conductor(?) I believe it was that was disciplined because he had to use the bathroom. I mean I think there needs to be a balance. If you have to go, you have to go.

Some Bus Terminals there probably is no public bathroom around, the B31 in Gersitten Beach comes to mind.

Or maybe mainly the hawk drivers pee in the staircase as there aren't many open public bathrooms in the middle of the night :lol:

In this Camera Phone era I don't see how a bus driver can do that during the day and not get caught

Especially as on LF buses as it would leave a puddle and not spill out on the street like it does on HF buses.

Some Bus Terminals there probably is no public bathroom around, the B31 in Gersitten Beach comes to mind.

Or maybe mainly the hawk drivers pee in the staircase as there aren't many open public bathrooms in the middle of the night :lol:

In this Camera Phone era I don't see how a bus driver can do that during the day and not get caught

Especially as on LF buses as it would leave a puddle and not spill out on the street like it does on HF buses.

It doesn't make sense to me because I know they don't do it on the express buses... As for the B31, you forgot about the Kings Hwy Terminal. I'm sure they have bathrooms there they can use.

Actually, come to think about it, don't they have cameras on the buses (in case the B/O gets assaulted or something)?

It doesn't make sense to me because I know they don't do it on the express buses... As for the B31, you forgot about the Kings Hwy Terminal. I'm sure they have bathrooms there they can use.

There's no back door on the express buses, so it's harder to hide it.

They can't do it on the express bus as you know there's no backdoor to pee in on a MCI.

Also most express bus drivers know how bitchy express bus riders can be and pissing in the front staircase would leave a odor.

Express drivers probably use a bottle or something and dump it out on the street if they have to go and there's no bathroom around.

I still see cigarette butts on the aisles of the BM1's & BM2's I take...... never stopped to think who they actually came from....

Yeah, I don't understand the whole urinating in the rear stepwell ordeal it's extremely disgusting.

unfortunately, I've had the displeasure of seeing b/o's take a leak out the back doorway :(

......and I'm not only referring to NYC bus drivers either.

They can't do it on the express bus as you know there's no backdoor to pee in on a MCI.

Also most express bus drivers know how bitchy express bus riders can be and pissing in the front staircase would leave a odor.

Express drivers probably use a bottle or something and dump it out on the street if they have to go and there's no bathroom around.

Yeah, but it's not just the backdoor issue with express buses. It's the fact that they're usually given a decent amount of time to find a place to use the restroom at.

I still see cigarette butts on the aisles of the BM1's & BM2's I take...... never stopped to think who they actually came from....

Wow really?? I have yet to see one on the BM1 or BM3 when I use them, though I will say that Spring Creek has been slipping of late on the cleanliness of buses... I admit though... In relation to trainfan's comments, I got on an X10 years ago that smelled like an ashtray literally. It was like the cigarette smoke had went into the AC vents and the whole bus just stunk. I couldn't stand it. I went up to the B/O and asked him flat out if he had been smoking or what the deal was. He claimed he hadn't been and perhaps he hadn't. It could've just been an old bus (which it was) which had been used as one of those layover buses by other B/Os and perhaps that's where the smell came from, but I demanded that he let me off at 14th street and I waited for the next bus.

Yeah, I don't understand the whole urinating in the rear stepwell ordeal it's extremely disgusting.

Do they still do this even on buses with those cameras hanging above the ceiling? I mean why would anyone still do this? Aren't they concerned that vid could be used against them as well as embarrass them?

Do they still do this even on buses with those cameras hanging above the ceiling? I mean why would anyone still do this? Aren't they concerned that vid could be used against them as well as embarrass them?

Maybe this is why they don't those cameras right near them? Remember the MTA proposed installing cameras right near the B/Os area...

Archived