Campaign 2012: Presidential and other election news

Shortline Bus

Depends. If the damage and/or wind are minimal, go forward with the election. If the hurricane and/or damage are too extensive, extend it. Many of the boxes are electronic in various states this year, the weather can glitch up the polls; and there are people who wouldn't be able to vote on Election Day because of severe inclement weather.

Barring a Katrina type damage, the election will proceed as schedule for Nov. 6.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic but related. Anyone (aka other adult voters)on here getting sick of the endless postal mail letters and pamphlets from both parties i received in last few weeks :angry: ? Up in my neck of the woods there several close races for State Senate and Congress and it's sick how much wasted amounts of paper they sent? And I am far from a enviormental gap myself. What you guys think with about 10 days to go the endless tv commericals and other stuff from the campaigns both from national and your local town or NYC boro?

Off topic but related. Anyone (aka other adult voters)on here getting sick of the endless postal mail letters and pamphlets from both parties i received in last few weeks :angry: ? Up in my neck of the woods there several close races for State Senate and Congress and it's sick how much wasted amounts of paper they sent? And I am far from a enviormental gap myself. What you guys think with about 10 days to go the endless tv commericals and other stuff from the campaigns both from national and your local town or NYC boro?

Boy, I registered to vote about some time ago, and I haven't received anything.

Sadly its taken a terrible storm like Hurricane Sandy to slow down what was on the way to becoming the nasty presidential campaign maybe in US History. I just saw a campaign rally given by Romney in Ohio this morning(10/29/12). Instead he spent of his time asking his supporters to donate money and supplies for the soon to be victims of Sandy via the US Red Cross, etc.. Props to Gov. Romney. Also props to Pres. Obama for the way he has become 'hands on' in handling this crisis so far.

Finally the two men trying to be the leader of the free world for next 4 years 'growing up' instead of acting like 2 boys in a fight at a middle school lunchroom.

Boy, I registered to vote about some time ago, and I haven't received anything.

Same here.... I keep thinking I'm going to have to call 311 and see what is going on. I voted twice when I lived on Staten Island and both times I recall receiving the polling info rather early. Not sure if it had anything to do with me moving a few times or what but I'm sure that I asked them to update that info when I got the new drivers ID... <_<

Same here.... I keep thinking I'm going to have to call 311 and see what is going on. I voted twice when I lived on Staten Island and both times I recall receiving the polling info rather early. Not sure if it had anything to do with me moving a few times or what but I'm sure that I asked them to update that info when I got the new drivers ID... <_<

And I don't think Sandy is helping, either.

The elections are rigged. The New World Order funds both Ronmey and Obama. So either way, Obmey wins. f**k the elections!

Are they third party?

I have to agree that despite Sandy, Obama would retain because the core of the damages are in areas with strong swing presences, such as New Jersey, Long Island and Staten Island.

Well, the election is tomorrow! I bet everyone is excited to go voice their opinion and hope their candidate wins! I think I got a good feeling about who's gonna win.

It's hard to believe November 6th is already here. Now we just play the waiting game.

There was once an entire commercial break that was just political ads. I've only seen like three Romney ads so far, all the rest have been for congress. 3/4's of them have just been bashing either Bill Owens, or Julian Schreibman. They're both getting on each others asses for no reason. I mean seriously, look up an upstate commercial for senate/congress. You'll literally laugh. When I lived in the city, I never had to deal with this crap. Besides most districts only have one candidate anyways.

I have to agree that despite Sandy, Obama would retain because the core of the damages are in areas with strong swing presences, such as New Jersey, Long Island and Staten Island.

Because of the way the EC is set up, NY and NJ will both go blue regardless because it's 'winner takes all'. This in a way sorta discourages voting because if I'm voting 'against the grain', it's not going to matter because I'd be out numbered like 9 to 1. I think the EC should be more proportional (divide states into regions and then give each portion to the candidate as a way to be an alternative to the popular vote).

Basically states like California, Texas, NY are all too big to go to one person or the other.

Because of the way the EC is set up, NY and NJ will both go blue regardless because it's 'winner takes all'. This in a way sorta discourages voting because if I'm voting 'against the grain', it's not going to matter because I'd be out numbered like 9 to 1. I think the EC should be more proportional (divide states into regions and then give each portion to the candidate as a way to be an alternative to the popular vote).

Basically states like California, Texas, NY are all too big to go to one person or the other.

While i think this system you propose concourse which is almost the same used during the primaries is a good compromise (especially for those like me who wants the EC 'scrapped' altogether)However the really reason we wont see change in our lifetime of the EC is simple. It keeps the current 2-party monopoly on who becomes President and basically no chance for a 3-party to win the white house.

Archived