Would you hit a female?

jgood6195

In VERY RARE CASES she would have to push me beyond the edge I mean BEYOND SHE HAS TO BE AN ABSOLUTE BITCH SUPER BITCH before I lay hands on her only then will it escalate BUT it rarely RARELY COMES TO THAT.

I would not wait that long. You never know what their intentions are. The moment she touches me, all bets are off.

lol, true^

Seriously, why is this thread still open? I think it's safe to say if your (in general) life is in danger or she threw the first punch, then you are justified to hit back. Just because she's a woman doesn't make her immune from taking a punch back. The idea is that generally a man is stronger than the woman and that one punch needs to be 'restrained' if possible. Otherwise, yeah, I think this 'question' has been covered enough.

Strictly speaking, as humans and animals, GC is right -- self-defense should come before any stupid stigmas about "respect." In theory, if a woman's actions are that of a man, it'd make sense to react like a man.

But I don't know man, I think it's a personal thing. I have serious issues with hitting a woman in any situation, self-defense or what have you. I've had females hit me and try to injure me, and I've never hit them back. Just can't do it really, doesn't feel right to me, who knows why. I couldn't live with myself if I injured a woman, maybe that's just me.

I do agree it's sort of ingrained in our culture that a guy hitting a woman is wrong. I certainly find wife beaters among the worst kind of scum there is. That said, I won't deny that if it comes down to it, I'm going to respond back in kind. (hypothetically speaking) I'll let the person throw the first throw. That's the safe way if the woman ends up injured over her issue. The issue lies in control and to stop if the person can't fight anymore. Law class has its merits.

Basically, if this was maybe a decade ago I would feel the same way, but with how vicious women can become these days, I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt which includes gender. Call me cynical/jaded/cold, but sorry 'you (in gen) want to be treated equally, then you can take it equally as well'.

You lay your hands on me, I will defend myself. Doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl but I'm sorry you should not attack me at all, that is just disrespectful. I don't condone wife beating at all but if you're in danger by all means get defensive.

Personally, What I've been taught years back, is that if you hit a women, your considered a f*g...
Not at all, do not want to loose the dignity by hitting a girl or a lady, the persons who do are giving the message of them being coward

Classic shaming tactics used against men....

-------------------------

I actually think it's "cowardly" of letting anyone use you as a punching bag...... Restraint only goes but so far.... and like I said earlier, the more you let some woman get away with hitting you, the worse it's gonna eventually get..... Playful/innocent "love taps" turn into scratches & bruises the older you get - ask any man in an abusive relationship (which I'll touch on later).... Anyway, how "dignified" is it really when you have women out here thinking it's okay to hit men (nevermind when they resort to foreign objects as equalizers, to boot), but hide behind the cloak of femininity whenever some man hits some woman (usually with his bare hands)? If anything, THAT is cowardly......

Some woman hits her man - Oh you go girl... Get em girl... Don't ever let no man hit you... Girl power oozing all over the place....

Some man hits her woman - Oh he a punk ass... Oh he weak... Oh he don't respect women.... Oh he hates his momma...

(I love the "don't respect women" part of it btw... Yeah, because, if I hit some woman that comes sideways at me - I'll disrespect all women !!)

Talk about gender aggrandization....

Damn all that.... It does not make you any less of a man if you defend yourself against some woman when you're threatened....

What's fu***d up is that you do have men out here that are scared/embarrassed to report that they're in abusive relationships as the victim, large in part b/c of this very shaming tactic..... Hardly anyone likes to talk about (or even believe that there's) situations where women are the aggressors.....

lol, true^

Seriously, why is this thread still open? I think it's safe to say if your (in general) life is in danger or she threw the first punch, then you are justified to hit back. Just because she's a woman doesn't make her immune from taking a punch back. The idea is that generally a man is stronger than the woman and that one punch needs to be 'restrained' if possible. Otherwise, yeah, I think this 'question' has been covered enough.

This. If my life was in jeopardy than any consideration for gender goes right out the window. And this is a very pointless thread.

If someone hits me, I'll hit them right back, Male or female, old or young, healthy or disabled. screw with me and you'll get what's coming to you.

640px-Booster_Gold_015.jpg

Booster Gold is a time traveler for the record...

It also brings up a good point, if someone expects equal treatment, then they should be truely treated as equals and held to the same standards as others, or else they are not actually equal.

Archived