New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

MyBus doesn't have the 24, 31, and 44 online so I was wondering what garages are operating the former Coach USA routes. I can see from the image above the Ironbound NABI on the 24, but I was curious about the rest.

Using Philadelphia transit vehicles, the 24 is a mix of Orange, Ironbound, and Academy. The 31 is Hilton, the 44 is Big Tree. Saw a pic of 5780 on the 44 earlier and someone Ik saw a Hilton bus on the 31. 

Thinking since this was all a sudden thing to happen, NJT didn’t had time to code the 24, 31, or 44 on mybus. 

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Using Philadelphia transit vehicles, the 24 is a mix of Orange, Ironbound, and Academy. The 31 is Hilton, the 44 is Big Tree. Saw a pic of 5780 on the 44 earlier and someone Ik saw a Hilton bus on the 31. 

Thinking since this was all a sudden thing to happen, NJT didn’t had time to code the 24, 31, or 44 on mybus. 

you can track the 24 on Philadelphia transit vehicles? 

16 hours ago, nightmare402 said:

you can track the 24 on Philadelphia transit vehicles? 

10 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

No, basically just do the nabi search and look in the general areas the lines operate and you’ll see which Nabis are on those lines. 

Just find a NABI tracking yellow along the roads the 24, 31, and 44 goes along. 99% the time those are in service.

Like right now I'm looking at Jersey Garden on the PTV 5368 is tracking yellow there so that's a 24. 5786 is along Central Avenue I believe that's the 44.

22 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Sheesh.  Academy is in on this too?

I’m wondering if it’s only a matter of time that we have to go the “Rob Peter to Pay Paul” route just to maintain a certain level of service on these routes

10 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Just find a NABI tracking yellow along the roads the 24, 31, and 44 goes along. 99% the time those are in service.

Like right now I'm looking at Jersey Garden on the PTV 5368 is tracking yellow there so that's a 24. 5786 is along Central Avenue I believe that's the 44.

That could be a 24a/b or a 44...

https://www.njtransit.com/press-releases/nj-transit-advances-bus-garage-modernization-program?fbclid=IwAR2u2bxE8FzZqyRq69w02_rtBF-_8jDM3h8XTuX7jhci8X1uGVF-v2MKk0c

So NJ Transit is still going along with designing the plans for the Hilton garage to support electric buses. From what it states, they might move some buses to Ironbound and Westwood when construction at Hilton gets started.

17 hours ago, MNR Beacon Line said:

NJ Transit officially announced tap to pay yesterday

Has anybody used it? How has it been working for the operators? Seems like such a big change but they didn't make a big deal announcing it.

Its been the weirdest rollout

Someone asked twitter if there was a video on how to use and NJT responded that they should call the phone number for help lol