New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

23 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

How did you even get a phone number for the company?? It shocks me how sketchy and non-communicative that company is, and yet they can legally run all over NJ (and frankly do a better job than NJT, even if it feels like you are on a bus in a third world country) 

I just Googled Spanish Transportation and called the number that came up. Also they have their address and USDOT numbers on the side of the bus. (It's on Barclay Street in Paterson)

I personally haven't had any real issues with any of the dollar van companies out in NJ. Spanish Transportation in particular is known to be one of the better companies. 

Edited by checkmatechamp13

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I just Googled Spanish Transportation and called the number that came up. Also they have their address and USDOT numbers on the side of the bus. (It's on Barclay Street in Paterson)

I personally haven't had any real issues with any of the dollar van companies out in NJ. Spanish Transportation in particular is known to be one of the better companies. 

Ha, got it. I haven't had any issues myself with them either, it just feels so sketchy getting on those vans.

Just saw this on my news feed, NJT fan trip for celebrate the 40th anniversary of NJT..

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/nj-transit-plans-excursion-heritage-equipment-display-to-celebrate-40th-anniversary/

Prices for a ticket are a bit steep, starting at 83 dollars... 83 dollars to ride in a Comet 5. however the higher price points will include vintage train cars

https://www.urhs.org/40thanniversaryexpress

Also locomotives with the old school paint schemes will be on display at Hoboken on October 1st.

There was an Arrow 3 set in service today on the NEC. I was kinda pissed lol because I would have changed plans and rode it but I had already brought an LIRR ticket to Ronkonkoma before I went to track level. Seen it parked in Penn Station.

Yeah, I could saved the LIRR ticket for another time but I didn't want to spend too much money today. It was hot and humid and I wanted to do an long commuter rail trip in the A/C to kill the afternoon.

Edited by trainfan22

NJT cross honoring For PATH this Sunday (no service between Harrison and Journal Square due to track work)

https://www.panynj.gov/path/en/planned-service-changes.html

Hopefully NJT makes its conductors aware of the cross honoring unlike the MTA, considering PATH is run by Port Authority... a different agency I'm not holding my breath.

There will also be shuttle buses between Newark Penn and JSQ.

Edited by trainfan22

42 minutes ago, MNR Beacon Line said:

Can someone explain the difference between the 192 and 199 buses? Looking at the timetable, the 7:45 am PABT departure is a 199 and the 8:00 am PABT departure is a 192. But they make exactly the same stops. So what is the difference

Good question...in the past, the #199 used to skip some stops between the Main Line overpass and Page Avenue. But now that note is taken away, so it seems like the main difference is that during rush hours, the #199 serves the loop through Nutley, while the #192 runs straight across NJ-3. But off-peak, they should probably relabel all of those #199 trips to #192 trips.

1 hour ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Good question...in the past, the #199 used to skip some stops between the Main Line overpass and Page Avenue. But now that note is taken away, so it seems like the main difference is that during rush hours, the #199 serves the loop through Nutley, while the #192 runs straight across NJ-3. But off-peak, they should probably relabel all of those #199 trips to #192 trips.

Already done

12 minutes ago, 46Dover said:

Checking out some of the vehicles used for NJT’s Access Link, they used to be operated by First Transit, now I’m seeing Transdev and more interestingly, Easton Coach

There's a guy around here in my area that has an old NJT paratransit vehicle that's being used for dollar van service here in Brooklyn.... IDK how many different former public transit paratransit vehicles are being operated around here as dollar van services.... Hell, there's a guy on my block with a rabbit transit vehicle (which I never heard of, up until I googled it some odd years ago, when I first saw that bright ass red vehicle out here).....

• 2 weeks later...