New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

2 hours ago, mfs NJT459 said:

That is a heck of a lot of 319 buses going from NYC to AC this Friday… https://content.njtransit.com/sites/default/files/bus_holidays/IndependenceDay2023/IND319.pdf

Yeah, and the dilemma continues with the nothing leaving AC after that 11:30pm trip...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

The entire NJ Transit NEC route is suspended right now due to Amtrak signal problems. What a day for Amtrak signals to shyt the bed, right before a summer holiday. Some ppl have been stuck on NJ Transit trains for four hours today.

And yet somehow it's NJT fault that signals went dark

On 6/28/2023 at 6:36 PM, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, and the dilemma continues with the nothing leaving AC after that 11:30pm trip...

We been telling scheduling dept this for years even if you ran it every 2hrs until 730am, but nope they rather people do the 139 to the 559; and yes some people actually do this. 

Bus route #459, the 11:30 PM departure from Vorhees to the Avandale Park and Ride, will not operate due to operator availability.

Bus route #459, the 10:00 PM departure from the Avandale Park and Ride to Vorhees, will not operate due to operator availability.

Yikes, that's the last round-trip for that route.

On another note, I took the 748 a couple of days ago and that route is as bad as everyone says...the bus I ended up taking was 71 minutes late and bunched right in front of the following bus. And to top it off, neither bus was trackable on MyBusNow....no wonder the 746 is the more popular route along Madison Avenue...that route actually runs on something resembling a schedule...

4 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

We been telling scheduling dept this for years even if you ran it every 2hrs until 730am, but nope they rather people do the 139 to the 559; and yes some people actually do this. 

They could have at least added a 7 AM 319 trip to AC on Saturdays and Sundays during the summer

10 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Smh

Sunday night I was operating the 194 to Newfoundland and as I was leaving Wayne Transit Center, noticed ALP44 4424 in between GP40PH-2 unit 4111 and what looked to be a CNJ Museum piece.  Later on, as it turned out, 4424 was headed to the URHS of New Jersey in Boonton where they have an NJT E8 and an E60CP

3 hours ago, 46Dover said:

Sunday night I was operating the 194 to Newfoundland and as I was leaving Wayne Transit Center, noticed ALP44 4424 in between GP40PH-2 unit 4111 and what looked to be a CNJ Museum piece.  Later on, as it turned out, 4424 was headed to the URHS of New Jersey in Boonton where they have an NJT E8 and an E60CP

That ALP 44 was donated from the MMC

10 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Yikes, that's the last round-trip for that route.

On another note, I took the 748 a couple of days ago and that route is as bad as everyone says...the bus I ended up taking was 71 minutes late and bunched right in front of the following bus. And to top it off, neither bus was trackable on MyBusNow....no wonder the 746 is the more popular route along Madison Avenue...that route actually runs on something resembling a schedule...

Of course, Comedy Coach runs it, how do you expect anything to run on time from there! 😂

8 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

That's why Madison av. needs a through route through Paterson, not through the western part of Wayne county...

The #748 has been running rogue for a long time & to me, it's gotten worse..... Yeah, the #746 is consistent in terms of service/reliability, but the only problem I have with that route is that some of those ops stop dead at City Hall, instead of running to the bus terminal... I've had that happen more times than I can count throughout the years - so much so, it's to the point where they may as well end the thing at City Hall.....

7 hours ago, mfs NJT459 said:
12 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

They could have at least added a 7 AM 319 trip to AC on Saturdays and Sundays during the summer

Completely separate issue.

During the summer season, there's more of a need for later trips leaving AC, than there is for earlier trips leaving NYC... A 7am trip out of PABT (whilst keeping the 7:30 trip) would only shift most the crowds that bombard that 7:30 trip, onto said 7am trip..... A couple years back, the first trip out of PABT used to leave at 7am.... There wasn't much of a difference to how crowded that bus was, to how crowded the current 7:30 trip gets..... Anyway, what they ultimately did throughout the course of time was combine that former 7am trip with what was the next trip afterwards (an 8am trip) to form today's 7:30.....

The current 7:30 (like the old/former 7am) trip during the summer time, is a trip that they have running down to Cape May... The real question is, separately from addressing demand to AC (which, on a basic level, they have plenty of #319's doing), how early should a trip leave PABT, to get to Ocean City, Wildwood, & Cape May that would adequately satisfy demand?

53 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Wow..So thats the end of the IBOA era i guess....So any word on whos taking over the routes...

I can advocate for A&C a little. I honestly could see NJT taking them over (mainly the 33). Not sure if they’re just going to have the 80S just replace the 30, while I’m not sure about the 31 or 32. The 32 does get ridership but I rarely see anyone take the 31…

10 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I can advocate for A&C a little. I honestly could see NJT taking them over (mainly the 33). Not sure if they’re just going to have the 80S just replace the 30, while I’m not sure about the 31 or 32. The 32 does get ridership but I rarely see anyone take the 31…

NJT would have to provide service by default.

I really didn't like what they did with the 86(P) when the 4 got the axe. It made the whole line in Jersey City confusing as shit.

46 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

NJT would have to provide service by default.

I really didn't like what they did with the 86(P) when the 4 got the axe. It made the whole line in Jersey City confusing as shit.

To this day i still dont get the meaning of that detoured 86...lol....My thang is which garage....Ill give it too Nwk-Orange...I dont think greenville or meadow  can handle more routes

5 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Not sure if this was mentioned in here, but A&C Bus will be shutting down at the end of October.

Here's to hoping that NJT will actually be serious about service in Jersey City.

Wooow....then again, why should we not be surprised. The writing was on the wall anyway, it's just a matter of when.Them IBOAs in Hudson county are now a thing of the past. Broadway bus you're up next. Hope you survive in the long run though. 

NJ Transit should think about buying that garage that A&C Bus has. We all know that NJ Transit needs additional space or a new bus garage badly near West Side Ave off of Route 440. I don't know why perhaps they haven't thought of it because Jersey City is booming and will soon overtake Newark as far as being the largest city population wise in the state.

I'm sure gonna miss how clean AC Corp keeps the exterior of there buses clean and sharp and having different advertisement than NJ Transit 

Edited by FlxMtroD

15 minutes ago, FlxMtroD said:

Wooow....then again, why should we not be surprised. The writing was on the wall anyway, it's just a matter of when.Them IBOAs in Hudson county are now a thing of the past. Broadway bus you're up next. Hope you survive in the long run though. 

NJ Transit should owned that bus garage/ property if A & C is not gonna use it. Service increase on route 80 seven days a week, creation of a new route that could run every 30 minutes from Greenville to Newport Mall via Westside Ave and Montgomery Ave and of course the creation of a new route that serves route 440 and the retail and restaurant businesses there. 

I'm sure gonna miss how clean AC Corp keeps the exterior of there buses clean and sharp and having different advertisement than NJ Transit 

COVID is what did them in. A&C Bus never received any bailout money from the feds. They've been operating at a loss ever since.

37 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

To this day i still dont get the meaning of that detoured 86...lol....My thang is which garage....Ill give it too Nwk-Orange...I dont think greenville or meadow  can handle more routes

Ironbound can definitely handle the JSQ routes.

13 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

COVID is what did them in. A&C Bus never received any bailout money from the feds. They've been operating at a loss ever since.

Ironbound can definitely handle the JSQ routes.

You talking the 30 and the 33...Yeah they can...Years ago on weekends they did both 80 and 81....Me personally ill give all they routes and buses to ironbound.....And when they do take over the routes they need to look into the 33 and 30 ending so early and run them a bit later...Especially the 33   

Edited by biGC323232

7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Not sure if this was mentioned in here, but A&C Bus will be shutting down at the end of October.

Here's to hoping that NJT will actually be serious about service in Jersey City.

Even though it’s been mentioned enough times it’s still a shocker.  It seems NJT will be taking private operations the same way MTA did with the NYC Private ops

8 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

You talking the 30 and the 33...Yeah they can...Years ago on weekends they did both 80 and 81....Me personally ill give all they routes and buses to ironbound.....And when they do take over the routes they need to look into the 33 and 30 ending so early and run them a bit later...Especially the 33   

I would think that NJT would merely replace the #30 with added #80 service & have most of the #33 replaced with rerouted #10 service along Bergen av.... So I wouldn't necessarily worry about either (30/33) as far as increased spans are concerned....