New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Where can u track NJT buses? Philadelphiatransitvehicles stopped doing their NJT one about a week ago

Transsee hasn't worked either. Heard they changed up the tracking where PTV and Transsee can't work on. Lately I've been using Departure Vision and MyBus. 

https://dv.njtransit.com/?fbclid=IwAR2_3ymdz_H9hW88dPZn6Q93jad-zCPKZ400JhXy72H2Kx-0kBJiB_yihE4#/bus/map

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I would think that NJT would merely replace the #30 with added #80 service & have most of the #33 replaced with rerouted #10 service along Bergen av.... So I wouldn't necessarily worry about either (30/33) as far as increased spans are concerned....

Think thats a good idea in my opinion.

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I would think that NJT would merely replace the #30 with added #80 service & have most of the #33 replaced with rerouted #10 service along Bergen av.... So I wouldn't necessarily worry about either (30/33) as far as increased spans are concerned....

Lol..I'm merely talking about later in the night... Before AC took over the last Bergen Ave left JSQ at 1230 now been reduced to 7 pm on a Saturday..yikes....yes the 30 and 80 share West side Ave most of it..but the 30 run more like the 80S (with the exception that it serves Society Hill) which only runs rush hours and use sip rather than Montgomery... which also ran on wkends...the 10 can run straight up Bergen Ave but what about that Eastern portion the Bergen do serve...

9 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Lol..I'm merely talking about later in the night... Before AC took over the last Bergen Ave left JSQ at 1230 now been reduced to 7 pm on a Saturday..yikes....yes the 30 and 80 share West side Ave most of it..but the 30 run more like the 80S (with the exception that it serves Society Hill) which only runs rush hours and use sip rather than Montgomery... which also ran on wkends...the 10 can run straight up Bergen Ave but what about that Eastern portion the Bergen do serve...

I don't see the problem here, if you're merely talking about running later than say, 7pm on a Saturday (which the #10 & the #80 obviously do.... Lol)....

To be frank, I don't see NJT running exact replicas of any of these routes whenever A&C ends up folding.... They didn't do it with the #4 (instead, made the #86 a spaghetti mess south of Newark av. to cover that portion of the former route), so I don't really have a reason to be optimistic as far as keeping these routes fully intact goes.... Service levels & wider spans OTOH I'm simply not worried about (NJT providing adequate of)....

3 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Ngl I'm gonna miss the Red Stripe from A&C lol. Partially grew up living nearby West Side when I was with my dad, watching them pass his house and my aunt's old store.

Yeah, the nostalgia factor's definitely gonna kick in when A&C finally "kicks" the bucket..... Felt a similar way here in NYC when the MTA took over the PBL's.

Edited by B35 via Church

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I don't see the problem here, if you're merely talking about running later than say, 7pm on a Saturday (which the #10 & the #80 obviously do.... Lol)....

To be frank, I don't see NJT running exact replicas of any of these routes whenever A&C ends up folding.... They didn't do it with the #4 (instead, made the #86 a spaghetti mess south of Newark av. to cover that portion of the former route), so I don't really have a reason to be optimistic as far as keeping these routes fully intact goes.... Service levels & wider spans OTOH I'm simply not worried about (NJT providing adequate of)....

Yeah, the nostalgia factor's definitely gonna kick in when A&C finally "kicks" the bucket..... Felt a similar way here in NYC when the MTA took over the PBL's.

I get what u saying...Im Also well aware of the ending times of the 10 and 80 lol.....In my opinion those 2 routes need service of they own not reroutes...Yes u can reroute the 10 down bergen av...But whats gonna cover the reroute 10s and the plaza area in bayonne that the bergen do serve....Bayonne already have fits over everything...10 up bergen ave not gonna go well with them.....They will be like walk a block and use the 87 the way most do already....30 was created to actually help the 80 and 80s along westside ave...Those was the only routes serving JSQ from Westside Ave Until 1994.... Now adding more 80's gonna help to some extent...But which 80 and where the extra buses coming from Greenville is maxed...the 30 runs more like the 80S Which is a big difference from the normal 80... Now if transit decides to say forget them and just use the 80...Ok now a good portion of northern part of westside and sip ave is with just the number 1 and 80s rush hours only....Me personally when AC do give up the service ill  give AC  buses to Ironbound Garage and let them operate the 30 and 32 33 They should have space for additional buses plus the dead head is not far at all.......That 4 sanaga shouldnt went like that...86 and number 1 should had been left alone....They should had just rerouted the 81 in that case... 

Edited by biGC323232

3 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

I get what u saying...Im Also well aware of the ending times of the 10 and 80 lol.....

In my opinion those 2 routes need service of they own not reroutes...Yes u can reroute the 10 down bergen av...But whats gonna cover the reroute 10s and the plaza area in bayonne that the bergen do serve....Bayonne already have fits over everything...10 up bergen ave not gonna go well with them.....They will be like walk a block and use the 87 the way most do already....30 was created to actually help the 80 and 80s along westside ave...Those was the only routes serving JSQ from Westside Ave Until 1994.... Now adding more 80's gonna help to some extent...But which 80 and where the extra buses coming from Greenville is maxed...the 30 runs more like the 80S Which is a big difference from the normal 80... Now if transit decides to say forget them and just use the 80...Ok now a good portion of northern part of westside and sip ave is with just the number 1 and 80s rush hours only....Me personally when AC do give up the service ill  give AC  buses to Ironbound Garage and let them operate the 30 and 32 33 They should have space for additional buses plus the dead head is not far at all.......That 4 sanaga shouldnt went like that...86 and number 1 should had been left alone....They should had just rerouted the 81 in that case... 

Just to be clear, those were not suggestions of what I think NJT should do.... It's what I can see NJT doing, if not for flat about telling people (directly or indirectly) to make your way to current routes....

All these additions to the #119, I would not be all that surprised if NJT took this opportunity to distinguish the #10 from the #119 by running #10's over that part of the #30.... Whether that should happen to the #10 or not (regardless of how much Bayonne bitches, which I'm well aware of), I'm indifferent to.... The main thing I'm interested to see, is how they'll handle supplying basic service to Hudson Commons & Hudson Mall; I don't think it'll be by keeping the #32 intact...

As far as the current #10 & #80 needing more service, I'd say the #80 needs more service than the #10 does..... AFAIC, the catering to the #87 takes away from the #80.

5 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Given the DeCamp situation, I'd say it's hit or miss as to whether they would actually expand the span back unfortunately.

Different dynamic..... The IBOA routes in general are simply/noticeably used more during off peak hours than the old DeCamp routes were (even considering NJT's current network in Jersey City).... I actually don't blame NJT for focusing their replacement efforts on catering to peak riders....

6 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Septa has the same readers as well do. Njt is finally catching up. I hate how njt test things in one place. Njt is still afraid to tell people they can’t pay with a 20. 

It makes me laugh to see Oradell drivers giving face to passengers on Blvd East who gives $20 bill for a ride to "city" or "Port Authority"

17 hours ago, 46Dover said:

I just had a passenger just randomly put his mobile credit card in the reader on the 192 and wouldn’t you know it the damn thing actually worked considering it was said that payment was only testing on the 161

Probably was a spotter. 

20 hours ago, FlashThunder said:

It makes me laugh to see Oradell drivers giving face to passengers on Blvd East who gives $20 bill for a ride to "city" or "Port Authority"

It’s annoying…then they don’t even want a round trip with that $20…

On 7/6/2023 at 8:19 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Transsee hasn't worked either. Heard they changed up the tracking where PTV and Transsee can't work on. Lately I've been using Departure Vision and MyBus. 

https://dv.njtransit.com/?fbclid=IwAR2_3ymdz_H9hW88dPZn6Q93jad-zCPKZ400JhXy72H2Kx-0kBJiB_yihE4#/bus/map

Why are NJT doing that, is it for safety concerns?

On 7/8/2023 at 8:09 PM, 46Dover said:

I just had a passenger just randomly put his mobile credit card in the reader on the 192 and wouldn’t you know it the damn thing actually worked considering it was said that payment was only testing on the 161

Update:

I was informed that although the scanner for the credit card it operational, it will not deduct from the passenger’s account.  Only the 161 is accepting credit/debit cards

Paging NJT, paging NJT

Coach USA has announced that it is cutting down on some of its services. It is a decision that heavily affects residents in Newark’s South Ward.

The community was told that the service cuts would impact the 44 and 31 bus routes. Service will be suspended on Sundays and service Monday through Saturday will be suspended from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m.

https://newjersey.news12.com/newark-residents-voice-concerns-about-coach-usa-cutting-bus-services