New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

But then if the Lincoln Tunnel were not a reasonable option, they'd have to go through Brooklyn.

...which I've actually seen.

I don't know if that's still in effect. Guys from Howell and Ironbound do it during the rush to avoid the backups on 495 during the PM rush.

While I simply don't know what garage the buses were out of, or why they did it - But I can definitely say that it was rather common to see NJT's MCI's approaching the Holland, when I would walk to Battery pl. from the Village (when I still worked in Manhattan) to catch the BM's for my commute home)....

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if that's still in effect. Guys from Howell and Ironbound do it during the rush to avoid the backups on 495 during the PM rush.

I think the new CNGs will be out all day from now on. The problem with the 7000s is that they have small tanks so they don't have enough fuel to stay on a all day 139 run. The new D4500s don't have that problem. Now if they are gonna be running these on the 128 I would love to know if MCI has fixed the "2 standee" problem on the new CNGs

There not suppose to be deadheading through there. Get into an accident and there goes your job. The memo posted says for all garages inculding eht.

Its one of those things you do and nothing happens cool, but the second something happens, you cant say well they did it too, cause now your getting fired not the others.

Anyways we here at eht maybe getting the 551/554 from twp.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

There not suppose to be deadheading through there. Get into an accident and there goes your job. The memo posted says for all garages inculding eht.

Its one of those things you do and nothing happens cool, but the second something happens, you cant say well they did it too, cause now your getting fired not the others.

Anyways we here at eht maybe getting the 551/554 from twp.

Just like how the North Jersey guys use the GWB and West Side Hwy to get to the PABT. It's known that it goes on but as long as they don't get a ticket or have an accident then nobody cares.

Losing the 551 and 554 is a big deal for Washington Twp. Is this a spilt or outright transfer of these routes?

Just like how the North Jersey guys use the GWB and West Side Hwy to get to the PABT. It's known that it goes on but as long as they don't get a ticket or have an accident then nobody cares.

Losing the 551 and 554 is a big deal for Washington Twp. Is this a spilt or outright transfer of these routes?

We are to get 80% of both runs. If it goes through. And we gotta do a refresher on the 139. Edited by 553 Bridgeton

We are to get 80% of both runs. If it goes through. And we gotta do a refresher on the 139.

Does this mean Twp is sending buses to the Harbor? Looks like I'm gonna see more NABIs on the 406

Will this happen for the June 20 schedule change?

Damn, 6235 on the 502 crashed into a car today in Pleasantville, and they had to open the emergency exit window to get to injured passengers out and taken to the hospital

Bus doesn't look too bad

http://6abc.com/news/multiple-injuries-after-njt-bus-passenger-car-collide/78465/

Sad sad sad.

Damn, 6235 on the 502 crashed into a car today in Pleasantville, and they had to open the emergency exit window to get to injured passengers out and taken to the hospital

Bus doesn't look too bad

http://6abc.com/news/multiple-injuries-after-njt-bus-passenger-car-collide/78465/

Sad indeed, but somma these kids play a few racing games and then think they know how to drive for real, and it doesn't quite work that way...

Live n learn.

The operator is destroyed. He did all he could not to hit them. The girl that died was the niece of another operator, he came in earlier and broke down, couldn't work. Just a sad situation all around.

Definitely sad news all around...That man probably never be the same after that...

Looks like Coach now owns some of its Novas and they won't be retiring. 1557/31557 is on the EWR Express and has "owned and operated by Orange Newark Elizabeth Bus" on the side and an Illinois tag. I'm guessing the prime use for them will be EWR service now.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Looks like Coach now owns some of its Novas and they won't be retiring. 1557/31557 is on the EWR Express and has "owned and operated by Orange Newark Elizabeth Bus" on the side and an Illinois tag. I'm guessing the prime use for them will be EWR service now.

Head to EWR if you can...it's a gold mine out there.

That's nothing compared to what else is at EWR....I'm telling you, it's a gold mine out there!

Huh? Academy's got that contract, figured it'd just be the usual Orions with maybe a few of their own RTS/LFS or D60LFs. Guess they got some NJT units out of retirement too so they'd have all they could get out there.

Huh? Academy's got that contract, figured it'd just be the usual Orions with maybe a few of their own RTS/LFS or D60LFs. Guess they got some NJT units out of retirement too so they'd have all they could get out there.

I'll toss this out there.

All of the Rutgers buses are out there except for the ElDorados.

You have Blackburg Transit D40LFs, D35LFs and Gilligs. All the way from VIRGINIA!

You have ex-Fairfax Connector Orion Vs.

You also have private shuttle operators out there, there's quite a few with beat up Vanhools doing the shuttle.

A whooooooooooooooooooooooole lot more!

Like I said, gold mine!!!

I was working at a hotel near the airport. I was able to see everything out there.

Edited by Cait Sith

I'll toss this out there.

All of the Rutgers buses are out there except for the ElDorados.

You have Blackburg Transit D40LFs, D35LFs and Gilligs. All the way from VIRGINIA!

You have ex-Fairfax Connector Orion Vs.

You also have private shuttle operators out there, there's quite a few with beat up Vanhools doing the shuttle.

A whooooooooooooooooooooooole lot more!

Like I said, gold mine!!!

The Rutgers Eldorados aren't there because they aren't Academy's... but dammmn, sounds like they either contracted out a lot of the work to other companies or borrowed a crap ton of buses. Are Academy people still driving most of them?

The Rutgers Eldorados aren't there because they aren't Academy's... but dammmn, sounds like they either contracted out a lot of the work to other companies or borrowed a crap ton of buses. Are Academy people still driving most of them?

That I don't know. I worked 2 days around the airport from two different hotels. I couldn't tell who was driving them.  All I know is that the Shuttles to NWK Penn are packed as all hell. I had to travel home through it to NJ Transit Rail...I hate the McCarter Highway traffic.

What I do know about those buses are that they don't go to Newark. It seems like those are shuttles within the airport.

That I don't know. I worked 2 days around the airport from two different hotels. I couldn't tell who was driving them.  All I know is that the Shuttles to NWK Penn are packed as all hell. I had to travel home through it to NJ Transit Rail...I hate the McCarter Highway traffic.

What I do know about those buses are that they don't go to Newark. It seems like those are shuttles within the airport.

Aahhh, they're probably like the shuttles at JFK then with their Gilligs and D40LFs and all that (the operator might be Golden Touch then). So the buses to Penn are the usual Port Authority Orions then?

Aahhh, they're probably like the shuttles at JFK then with their Gilligs and D40LFs and all that (the operator might be Golden Touch then). So the buses to Penn are the usual Port Authority Orions then?

Coach USA Novas, PA Orions and some beat-to-death Vanhools from some other company. This seems to be a multi-contract deal.