New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

Whoever does the NJ Transit wikipedia page, they need to do a whole hell of a lot of fact checking....

-EDIT-

7278 does a regular run on the 68, expect to see that bus around the 5:30PM time frame at Newport Mall. Also, if anyone is going for pictures at the mall or elsewhere where he's at a stop, let him know before you take the pic. I know the driver personally and he gets a little edgy at times.

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever does the NJ Transit wikipedia page, they need to do a whole hell of a lot of fact checking....

-EDIT-

7278 does a regular run on the 68, expect to see that bus around the 5:30PM time frame at Newport Mall. Also, if anyone is going for pictures at the mall or elsewhere where he's at a stop, let him know before you take the pic. I know the driver personally and he gets a little edgy at times.

Is it where it says the Hybrids will have an ISL9?

I went out looking for 7278 tonight but it never showed. I might go hunt & ride it again tomorrow.

You have any idea when the rest are supposed to come? I thought the rest of them would've been here a few weeks ago...

Is it where it says the Hybrids will have an ISL9?

I went out looking for 7278 tonight but it never showed. I might go hunt & ride it again tomorrow.

You have any idea when the rest are supposed to come? I thought the rest of them would've been here a few weeks ago...

Nah, the delivery doesn't start till next year. Likely within the late Winter/Spring time from what I heard. This phase has only been for the pilot and if any spec changes should be made. I've been hearing some changes may be considered, not sure what though.

Bus showed up at Newport around 5:40PM according to BusTime. Not sure what time it hit Old Bridge.

They're correct with the ISL9, it's with....

1. Only being 7 Designlines left, which is false, all the Designlines are there except for 7202 and 7203.

2. 3500-3605 being the numbers of the Hybrids, when it's only 47 buses. Whoever added that can't count. I also don't see those being in that number range, but that's just my opinion.

3. The new CNGs will have a 5th Gen transmission, not a 4th gen.

Nah, the delivery doesn't start till next year. Likely within the late Winter/Spring time from what I heard. This phase has only been for the pilot and if any spec changes should be made. I've been hearing some changes may be considered, not sure what though.

Bus showed up at Newport around 5:40PM according to BusTime. Not sure what time it hit Old Bridge.

1. Only being 7 Designlines left, which is false, all the Designlines are there except for 7202 and 7203.

2. 3500-3605 being the numbers of the Hybrids, when it's only 47 buses. Whoever added that can't count. I also don't see those being in that number range, but that's just my opinion.

#2 refers to the option order that goes to 105 buses. So 3501-3605 could be the numbers. NJT has been starting with 01 on orders.

Edited by busdude2

#2 refers to the option order that goes to 105 buses. So 3501-3605 could be the numbers. NJT has been starting with 01 on orders.

But the option order is for 10, not 105 unless I'm missing something.

Taken from the final agenda at the board meeting

d3b427ededacc6407d84b9bcffcb6573.png

Edited by Cait Sith

7124 is on the 139 right now.

Oh that's not too far away. I feel like they're gonna change the the unnoticeable stuff on the actual order. But maybe they'll make noticeable changes too, who knows?

That's why I try to rely on the ttmg wiki, because that one gives actual facts (never mind it rarely being updated) on the depot and fleet rosters.

502 showing 4 extra morning trips for Black Friday on a Saturday schedule

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/holidays/DAT502.pdf

Willowbrook Mall: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/holidays/DAT193.pdf

Jersey Gardens Mall: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/holidays/DAT111.pdf

Edited by mfs NJT459

So I wasn't seeing things....

I just gotta see folks' reaction when/if one shows up on that 114.

It'll be the same reaction that I had going to Jersey Gardens when one showed up.......Nope, I'll wait for the next one!

Ironbound tries to keep them on the 113 or 115 if they have to use a NABI on a MCI line but we all know that stranger things have happened. Like a NABI on the 166T to Leonia......now that's some old bullshit!

random question i used to be a 114 rider and when i always took it into NY sometimes around the mid afternoon around 2 maybe 3 pm most of the time it traveled to a spot somewhere near by newark airport and changed drivers, is/was it a relief point?

possibly yes. i seen this action on monmouth county line. they can go whatever safest stop to do the switch/relief and switch around. it depend on the person shift and time. keep in mind when they switch driver, the relief one have to drive back to the garage where they belong to clock out.