New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

Today 12-11 i saw a transdev NjTransit NABI bus off course. I was walking along Front Street between Red Bank and Middletown  This was app.1145 am. On the back of the bus it show either 832 or 833. I hope that driver didn't cross the bridge near the NJCL trestle track. Also i noticed the flasher light was on too. That was strange. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't hijack the thread.

quick question about the HBLR why did they change the LRV bells i remember the bells used to be a real bell but now it's computerized, the newark light rail bells are still real

Pjbr, it was probably deadheading and the driver didn't change the sign.

EDIT: Sorry bout that I forgot this is Random Thoughts.

Edited by Transitkid4608

Please don't hijack the thread.

Pjbr, it was probably deadheading and the driver didn't change the sign.

EDIT: Sorry bout that I forgot this is Random Thoughts.

tansitkid you don't know that because it could be a detour as well for one direction. 833 on newman spring road and it possible to detour to front street. between half mile road and middletown lincroft road. also red bank is main terminal starting point for either 832 or 833. if it was deadheading it would been going to neptune, nj

tansitkid you don't know that because it could be a detour as well for one direction. 833 on newman spring road and it possible to detour to front street. between half mile road and middletown lincroft road. also red bank is main terminal starting point for either 832 or 833. if it was deadheading it would been going to neptune, nj

bingo

You're right. I don't know that.

He was probably called to Freehold to cover for someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Control Center was telling Howell operators to return CNG buses to the garage rather than park them at Weehawken this morning. Wonder why that was.

They didn't say whether it was 7000s or 72XX-73XX did they?

If they're talking about the older ones then that could mean a few things,

1. They're getting ready to scrap them.

2. They need to check the fuel tanks.

3. All the CTs arrived which brings us back to reason # 1.

If they're talking about the new CTs:

1. Those electrical problems Cait was talking about may have found their way to NJTs batch of CTs.

2. Same as previous reason # 2.

3. They may have found an issue with one of the newer buses so they want to check all of them to be on the safe side.

If you want to ride one your best bet is to wait until PM rush. They tend to run them Southbound around that time, but they're unpredictable so watch MyBusNow.

I go back to NY in the morning but I'm sure they run. I don't think I seen any old CNGs out at all so I guess they're really starting to go.. Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

7278 on point.. no comparing to the DesignLine Eco Crap. Smooth ride with some great sounds. Mad comfy too, the seats aren't even that hard like the DLs and recline just like on the other MCIs. Just a little upset there's no outlets in the back row like the MTAs but whatever, its a damn good bus.

They didn't say whether it was 7000s or 72XX-73XX did they?

If they're talking about the older ones then that could mean a few things,

1. They're getting ready to scrap them.

2. They need to check the fuel tanks.

3. All the CTs arrived which brings us back to reason # 1.

If they're talking about the new CTs:

1. Those electrical problems Cait was talking about may have found their way to NJTs batch of CTs.

2. Same as previous reason # 2.

3. They may have found an issue with one of the newer buses so they want to check all of them to be on the safe side.

Didn't specify.  All the announcer said was "All Howell operators with CNG buses."