B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@svjbk. Do you know your friends list number so I have some sought of estimation? My number is 58* do you have any estimation of when I might get called in?

I asked him and he can't remember his number. Sorry .

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wow my list number is 10xx n they already called 200 people. What's the number to call to see if u are on outstanding certification? I still have to get Passenger Endorsement and road test.....unexpected costs, I thought I'd have to wait at least 2 years. Excited, congrats to those who got called

Just a little reminder for those not familiar with the process...as the TA list has just called 200 or so, the OA LIST is still active and they may be the next batch of list numbers to be called. There is absolutely no way to know which list will be receiving letters and when. So please temper your expectations about timing and maintain a clean driving record.

My advice is to get your permit, do your road test and continue with your life as usual ASSUMING you wont get called for a while, regardless of list #.

Why are so many people very impatient about when they will be called? Just know that you will get called eventually & while you wait get everything ready like documents, CDL etc.. Not trying to sound negative, just being realistic... Remember people, Patience is a Virtue...

Has anyone here recently taken to cdl B road test? Or does anyone remember their road test if they took it a while ago?

I took the CDL road test twice in Maspeth - once in a tractor trailer (April 2014) and once in a Bus (August 2015). What specific information are you looking for?

What documents do we need

The specific documents will be mentioned on the pre-employment packet which will be mailed to you, but from what I remember with 2613, your license, passport, social security card, etc. as if you're going to get employed by any private company.

Does a bus operator have to be 19a certified?

No. Transit will do that, just like with any other bus company. In addition, during final processing, they take your fingerprints at 180 Livingston Street, so you don't have to go anywhere else.

How do I pm you??

Check your inbox

Guys how do u pm people i havent been able to figure that out?

Does anybody else not have this feature? Let me know and I'll look into it.

Hey nycsubway. Was just curious how long it usually takes to memorize the pre trip inspection stuff and the air brakes tests. As far as how many lessons it usually takes for it to sink in.

As far as the number of lessons - it is up to the individual. From the B/O training experience in Feb. 2014, I showed off my skills in a tractor trailer close to a month later, and to tell you the truth, the instructor was impressed! Now, that's because I was behind the wheel of a bus for 10 days, therefore all of my first impressions and my nervousness was already behind me.

As far as how long it took to memorize the pre-trip - on paper, I would say about a week, however, it also pays to "physically" practice it as well with the vehicle.