7 Line Extension 90 Percent Complete

GojiMet86

The (MTA) never does anything nostalgic. Don't hold your breath.

To be fair, they did run the Arnines for the re-opening of the A to Far Rock...

In fact, they were so nostalgic that they put the same banner "Rockaway Here We Come" on the train as when the line first opened...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact, they were so nostalgic that they put the same banner "Rockaway Here We Come" on the train as when the line first opened...

I'll concede that and not to get off topic, but they reefed redbirds and just scrapped two popular cars. An out of body experience surely occurred or they knew the moment called for it.

In fact, they were so nostalgic that they put the same banner "Rockaway Here We Come" on the train as when the line first opened...

Well remember, when new South Ferry opened, there was no special train or anything

To be fair, there's nothing preventing the (MTA) to cooperate with the transit museum to bring out some cars...

Other than the cost to make sure the trains can actually run...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The (MTA) never does anything nostalgic. Don't hold your breath.

Well, they did run the TOMC for the 2013 ASG at CitiField. But I would probably think they'd run the R188 there since it's a new train opening up the new station. So I don't think they'd bring the old cars out just for that, but never say never and they can always change their minds in a snap.

The inaugural train will probably be a R188; Hudson Yards and the R188 are the "future" of New York and the MTA, so this would be most appropriate.

But by then the R188 is not going to be special anymore, because people are getting used to see it already.

But by then the R188 is not going to be special anymore, because people are getting used to see it already.

It would be pretty garish to have the oldest trains in the newest station in a photo op.

The only time the MTA has used heritage trains is for things that are either long traditions (Yankees & Shoppers specials) or restoring service that already existed (using the train that first served the Rockaways to serve the Rockaways)

I wonder if the 7 train can be any more crowded

If it becomes crowded, it'll become crowded away from Midtown, so it won't be too big of a problem on the trains themselves.

I see passenger circulation becoming a problem though, particularly at Grand Central.

Archived