Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

The general point, I'm quite aware of..... However, as it pertains to Co-op specifically, I would fully concur with your post here if more than 1/2 a seated load were still on the bus by time it passed the Bartow/Co-op City stop after having served section 5..... There is something to be said about that....

The same is true of the BxM buses that have SX AM variants, but it may be for the best given the bunching I see on that line in the PM.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same is true of the BxM buses that have SX AM variants, but it may be for the best given the bunching I see on that line in the PM.

The BxM7 is one of the few routes where I'm not highly concerned about the bunching (which I know is a separate issue) that goes on.... What I'm driving at (as far as the PM rush goes) is, the high concentration of people on these buses (regardless of how frequently they're touching down in Co-op) getting off before Asch..... Another way of putting it is, I'm questioning how the MTA is handling passenger distribution on the route - AM & PM really....

I'm not so sure it's for the best... I believe something impalpable (that I simply can't figure out) is involved...

I'm not in the mood to get BM5 (the member) with it & start breaking down schedules & what not... Nor am I gonna get AEMoreira with it & start bitching about deadheads/deadhead times....

Edited by B35 via Church

I feel Co-op City has too many local buses serving it for any improvements to the BxM7 to make a big difference in terms of gaining ridership back. I'm someone who likes to take advantage of all the services avaliable in my area and still can't find a reason to use the BxM7 or the BxM10 for that matter. The BxM7 with no PM variants is still a shorter run than the BxM10 and the BxM10 isn't a ridiculously long route so whatever savings you would gain with PM variants would just go to waste making things more confusing.

I feel Co-op City has too many local buses serving it for any improvements to the BxM7 to make a big difference in terms of gaining ridership back. I'm someone who likes to take advantage of all the services avaliable in my area and still can't find a reason to use the BxM7 or the BxM10 for that matter. The BxM7 with no PM variants is still a shorter run than the BxM10 and the BxM10 isn't a ridiculously long route so whatever savings you would gain with PM variants would just go to waste making things more confusing.

I don't really understand how that would be a waste. I mean, there's already AM variants, so it would just be a matter of relabeling the designations to show the respective parts of Co-Op City that it would serve. Additionally, if there's time savings, and that is the last/only trip (in the case of a split run), then the agency saves money overall. In some cases where it isn't, the savings could be enough to DH a bus back to Manhattan for another trip at an earlier time, or to have the bus do an earlier run to Manhattan (if applicable). Of course you'd have to reconfigure the runs across the board, but there's still a chance to save some money (which adds up when talking about annually). I mean, perhaps the SX trips could be relabeled to show that it is the SX (similar to the X12/X42, X27/X37, X28/X38, etc., except that the SX bypass parts of the drop-off instead).

Alternatively, you have the chance of putting the same groups of people on less buses. If the section 5 buses are indeed not as packed as the SX's, then the service can be redistributed with say, 1 less bus per hour in total, among all the BxM7 variants.

part 2...

Every trip during the PM rush (on paper... and I say it like this for a reason) serving all sections of co-op I do not agree with at all.... I don't know what it is with the riding pattern that goes on, but as far as I can remember, every single crushloaded PM BxM7 has had at least half of its riders disembark specifically at section 5 - Which is in no way indicative of AM rush ridership patterns.... But be there as it may, PM rush variations would be easier to pull off; all you'd need are buses (from Manhattan) that end at section 5, and buses that skip section 5 (to have it's first Bronx bound stop at Bartow/Co-op city blvd), to go on to serve the rest of co-op on up to Dreiser......

Finally, I believe that too many trips serve Asch throughout the day.... Now I'm not saying Asch should be eliminated outright, but at the same time, I notice that these tend to be the folks that are getting off at the Bartow/Co-op city stop during the PM rush....

---------------

As for the ongoing discussion you guys are having....

As far as overnight service on that route, as much as I thought (yearrs ago) that it would be plausible.... Lol....  Nope, forget it.... Q43 is right.... I have family in section 5 & even at around 10pm leaving from there (to get back here to Bk), it was rather quiet/dead.... Up along Bartow, even w/ it being heavily commercial, there's like this eerie quietness after a certain timeframe....

The bit about combining the BxM7 with the BxM8 to somehow justify running the BxM7 overnight.... yeaaahh, but I can't - fathom getting anymore riders from the BxM8 portion during overnight hours though... Basically, a waste of time to have the b/o having to run locally worry about serving normal BxM8 stops b/w PBP & WPR.... It's like extending the Q44 further eastward past Archer/Merrick (when it has no business running past Sutphin/Archer during overnight hours anyway, let alone to Archer/Merrick itself - for nothing other than having a convenient layover spot).... Not that I'm advocating for either case, but combining the BxM7 & BxM8 overnights to me, is far worse than running the BxM9 overnight.....

...and I am out.

The combo routing would be an attempt to get extra riders, so if both parts of the route would not get a decent amount of riders, then it shouldn't happen then (like I mentioned before, I don't agree with running the BxM7 as it is overnights; at least those two posts confirms that). 

As for PM rush buses, perhaps have buses serve Ash, and Einstein, and then the SX being the 1-2-3 bus. The headways would be double what they currently are, starting from the 4:00 PM departure up to the 6:52 PM departure.

The issues I have with the BxM7 are:

- the amount of various AM rush hour variants

- how service is broken up AND divvied up (distributed) on said AM rush hour variants

- the non-existence of PM rush hour variants

- too many trips (outside of the AM trips that already don't, that is) specifically serving Asch

I'll probably miss one or two, but AFAIK, the AM rush hour variants go:

1] Dreiser - Carver, then straight to Manhattan
2] section 5, straight to Manhattan
3] Dreiser - Carver - Bellamy, straight to Manhattan
4] Bellamy - Asch, en route to section 5, to Manhattan
5] the full route, sans section 5
6] Asch, en route to section 5, to Manhattan

If I'm not missing anymore, then from this list, the only variants I think that should exist is....

Well, let's break it down:

Right off the bat, those trips that run out of Dreiser & serve everything except section 5 would be the first to go.... You already have trips beginning at Asch & Bellamy running to section 5, on top of the section 5 only trips.... My point is that skipping section 5 isn't that much of a benefit at all - especially when you have exp. bus riders full knowing there are super expresses gunning to Manhattan after Carver....  So then you'd be left with:

1] Dreiser - Carver, then straight to Manhattan
4] Bellamy - Asch, en route to section 5, to Manhattan

The way the MTA handles it, there is at least one trip that starts from every loop except Carver (at least, I don't think there are any).... I personally don't think service should be starting at Bellamy (or Asch, to be quite honest, either.... but it's pointless to start trips at Bartow/Co-op city blvd).... Looking at this list, you'll notice that the only trips that serve Bartow/Co-op city blvd are the [bellamy-Asch-section 5 trips] & the [Asch-section 5] trips (having both of these trips in existence I think is rather redundant)....

Instead of starting buses at Bellamy & having those running to section 5, I would add the Bellamy stop to the "super express" (or w/e you wanna call it) trips that currently only go Dreiser-Carver.... I'm well aware that these buses would be packed to the brim - which is exactly why I would dedicate more service to it (no worse than 10 min headways), over running much of any "filler" trips beginning at Bellamy & at Asch..... This is what I meant by the issue I have with the divvying up of service....

With that said, you're then left with:

The Asch - Bartow (I guess you can call it) - section 5 trips would exist, solely for the fact that you can't load up on section 5 only trips (there's a high concentration of BxM7 riders in section 5, but not nearly enough to dedicate a bunch of trips to it).... Well that, and you can't really axe the Bartow/Co-op city blvd stop....

The only thing I'm in limbo about with this entire plan, is how many Asch-Bartow-section 5 trips should there be, compared to the section 5 only trips....

There would have to be a change in service levels throughout the AM. I wouldn't even bother with section 5 only trips honestly, if you were to consolidate to a 1-2-3 AND A 4-5 bus. This would mean that those buses around the 6 AM hour would have to be split up, so the ridership gets split up according to their respective levels (which has to be taken into account. The service levels could be re-arraigned as follows, given your variations (minus the section 5 only trips):

(From 5:30 AM to 8:00 AM)

BxM7 serving Dreiser, Carver, Bellamy:

5:30 AM, 5:55 AM, 6:15 AM, 6:30 AM, 6:45 AM, 6:55 AM, 7:02 AM, 7:09 AM, 7:16 AM, 7:23 AM, 7:30 AM, 7:37 AM, 7:44 AM, 7:51 AM (14 buses)

BxM7 serving Asch-Bartow-Section 5

5:36 AM, 6:04 AM, 6:19 AM, 6:34 AM, 6:49 AM, 7:04 AM, 7:16 AM, 7:28 AM, 7:43 AM, 7:58 AM (10 buses)

In total, that's 24 buses, which is 1 bus less than the 25 buses needed during that same time period. That extra bus could go towards some other service improvement or so. The 1-2-3 only buses would have a 20-25 minute headway before 6:15 AM, every 10-15 minutes until 7 AM, EVERY 7 minutes until 8 AM (accounting the extra buses needed for those 1-2-3 only buses. The buses doing 4-5 only would have 12-15 minute headway for the most part, with the exception of the headway between the first and second 4-5 only bus.

Edited by BM5 via WOODHAVEN BL

I have a proposal for Bx9 late night extension to getty square late nights since there is no bee line bus service at that time.  The Bx9 would stop at all BxM3 stops to and from the city line to getty square.  The extension would also operate all day on thanksgiving day and christmas day since there is no bee line bus service on those days.

Edited by beelinefan

I have a proposal for Bx9 late night extension to getty square late nights since there is no bee line bus service at that time. The Bx9 would stop at all BxM3 stops to and from the city line to getty square. The extension would also operate all day on thanksgiving day and christmas day since there is no bee line bus service on those days.

The question is who will be going to Getty Square at that time?

Yonkers residents coming back from a late night in Manhattan (or The Bronx for that matter. Certain retail jobs have shifts that end late) The last #2 heading north from 242nd Street on a weekday is at midnight IIRC (weekend buses end earlier). If you're trying to get home from say, Times Square, you should be leaving around 11:15PM at the latest.

Metro-North is relatively far from Broadway as well, so even though it runs later, it's still not a viable alternative for most Yonkers residents.

To put things into perspective, I got home around 15 minutes ago (and the X17 I took had a decent amount of people on it, a good chunk of whom got off in my neighborhood), and my neighborhood is arguably more suburban than most of the neighborhoods in the section of Yonkers between the City Line and Getty Square.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

I have a proposal for Bx9 late night extension to getty square late nights since there is no bee line bus service at that time.  The Bx9 would stop at all BxM3 stops to and from the city line to getty square.  The extension would also operate all day on thanksgiving day and christmas day since there is no bee line bus service on those days.

I'm not going to say that Yonkers couldn't use the service but I'm kind of against this because the Bx9 doesn't even properly serve the areas its supposed to post-PM rush hours. I also think it would require an extra bus and change in headways to compensate for the extra run time. 

The pattern BM5 gave of having a PM Sec 3-2-1 SX BxM7 and a PM Sec 5-4 BxM7 is a lot less confusing than the current AM setup plus the lines would be less brutal. I'd probably go with the SX serving Sec 3-2-1 and the other serving Sec 5-4-3. Any bus serving Sec 4-5 is going to have to pass Sec 3 to get back to ECH. I'm pretty sure if you told someone in Dreiser they wouldn't have to take a scenic tour of the whole complex to get home they'd be more enticed to take it. 

The Bruckner can be a mess but the BxM10 is the only route not near a highway/bypass road. It hits local streets well before the BxM7 and Morris Park Av is just light after light (Eastchester Rd isn't as bad). Even still, I've thought it should be extended to 233 St though ... 

I think that Bee Line should focus on that; let's maintain our resources for serving city residents instead. That is Bee-Line's problem, in which I will agree, that it should be covered. There should be routes that also operate on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day, but perhaps on a reduced holiday schedule, with several routes either because they carry or for coverage (to me, that would be the 2, 7, 13, 14, 20, 40, 42, 60). But either way, the Bx9 should not be involved going past the city line.

I think that Bee Line should focus on that; let's maintain our resources for serving city residents instead. That is Bee-Line's problem, in which I will agree, that it should be covered. There should be routes that also operate on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day, but perhaps on a reduced holiday schedule, with several routes either because they carry or for coverage (to me, that would be the 2, 7, 13, 14, 20, 40, 42, 60). But either way, the Bx9 should not be involved going past the city line.

Yeah Why not just have them run an over night 1 bus between Yonkers and the train station only. 

The only 2 circumstances where I'd make an exception, is if 

1) You have a Q12/N20G or Q43/N26 situation where the routes are duplicated by themselves for most if not all the route in NYC and has a short distance to cover outside of NYC.

2) Westchester paid the MTA to extend service. 

This isn't about gaining lost ridership back, thus rendering the rest of this reply null & void AFAIC.....

There would have to be a change in service levels throughout the AM. I wouldn't even bother with section 5 only trips honestly, if you were to consolidate to a 1-2-3 AND A 4-5 bus. This would mean that those buses around the 6 AM hour would have to be split up, so the ridership gets split up according to their respective levels (which has to be taken into account. The service levels could be re-arraigned as follows, given your variations (minus the section 5 only trips):

(From 5:30 AM to 8:00 AM)

BxM7 serving Dreiser, Carver, Bellamy:

5:30 AM, 5:55 AM, 6:15 AM, 6:30 AM, 6:45 AM, 6:55 AM, 7:02 AM, 7:09 AM, 7:16 AM, 7:23 AM, 7:30 AM, 7:37 AM, 7:44 AM, 7:51 AM (14 buses)

BxM7 serving Asch-Bartow-Section 5

5:36 AM, 6:04 AM, 6:19 AM, 6:34 AM, 6:49 AM, 7:04 AM, 7:16 AM, 7:28 AM, 7:43 AM, 7:58 AM (10 buses)

In total, that's 24 buses, which is 1 bus less than the 25 buses needed during that same time period. That extra bus could go towards some other service improvement or so. The 1-2-3 only buses would have a 20-25 minute headway before 6:15 AM, every 10-15 minutes until 7 AM, EVERY 7 minutes until 8 AM (accounting the extra buses needed for those 1-2-3 only buses. The buses doing 4-5 only would have 12-15 minute headway for the most part, with the exception of the headway between the first and second 4-5 only bus.

Well of course there'd have to be a service change, that's pretty much the point.... Thanks for the breakdown, I guess....

Only thing (for now) is though, I wouldn't exactly can (AM) section 5 only trips - especially when I'd advocate for them for the PM rush....

Now that's the last thing the Bx9 should have to deal with, regardless of the time of day....

For said purpose, increase the span of the BL-1 (no suffix) to transport folks b/w the Bronx & Getty Sq....

It's not solely about Getty Sq. specifically.... There's long been demand for later service from SW Yonkers in general.

Problem is, it's not really folks coming from areas from around the (1) late nights - but instead, coming from areas along the (4) - mostly w/i Manhattan b/w GCT & 125th.....

With that said, the BL-1 is a better candidate for late night service over the BL-4; even though the BL-4 directly serves the (4).... The BL-1 better serves (more residents) in SW Yonkers.....

I'm not going to say that Yonkers couldn't use the service but I'm kind of against this because the Bx9 doesn't even properly serve the areas its supposed to post-PM rush hours. I also think it would require an extra bus and change in headways to compensate for the extra run time. 

The pattern BM5 gave of having a PM Sec 3-2-1 SX BxM7 and a PM Sec 5-4 BxM7 is a lot less confusing than the current AM setup plus the lines would be less brutal. I'd probably go with the SX serving Sec 3-2-1 and the other serving Sec 5-4-3. Any bus serving Sec 4-5 is going to have to pass Sec 3 to get back to ECH. I'm pretty sure if you told someone in Dreiser they wouldn't have to take a scenic tour of the whole complex to get home they'd be more enticed to take it. 

The Bruckner can be a mess but the BxM10 is the only route not near a highway/bypass road. It hits local streets well before the BxM7 and Morris Park Av is just light after light (Eastchester Rd isn't as bad). Even still, I've thought it should be extended to 233 St though ... 

I second that claim regarding the Bx9 overnights... I have a personal peeve with bunching during the wee hrs. of the morning.... I've benefited & got absolutely screwed on separate occasions in the past... I used to like riding the Bx9 b/w Fordham & 225th (for the 1, then w/e train of choice afterwards to get back to Brooklyn)....

One particular time I got screwed, I had came off the MNRR (didn't feel like doing the M15 to the Bx15 thing that night) to JUST miss not one, but two NB Bx9's... Couple ppl. waiting for Bx12's (I guess) across the street stared, but IDC, I was cursing quite loudly....

Needless to say, I walked to 225th that night.... Not one bus passed me for that entire walk (which was expected)....

Those buses aren't exactly empty either... matter fact, I'd say more often than not, by time buses hit GC (towards 225th), there'd be a seated load.....

Think Of A New Bus Route In The Bronx. Rules 1.No Extensions 2. It's An Articulated Bus Route 3. It's From Gun Hill Depot (As Of Now). Now Have Fun

This isn't a game thread...

I

This isn't about gaining lost ridership back, thus rendering the rest of this reply null & void AFAIC.....

Well of course there'd have to be a service change, that's pretty much the point.... Thanks for the breakdown, I guess....

Only thing (for now) is though, I wouldn't exactly can (AM) section 5 only trips - especially when I'd advocate for them for the PM rush....

Now that's the last thing the Bx9 should have to deal with, regardless of the time of day....

For said purpose, increase the span of the BL-1 (no suffix) to transport folks b/w the Bronx & Getty Sq....

It's not solely about Getty Sq. specifically.... There's long been demand for later service from SW Yonkers in general.

Problem is, it's not really folks coming from areas from around the (1) late nights - but instead, coming from areas along the (4) - mostly w/i Manhattan b/w GCT & 125th.....

With that said, the BL-1 is a better candidate for late night service over the BL-4; even though the BL-4 directly serves the (4).... The BL-1 better serves (more residents) in SW Yonkers.....

I second that claim regarding the Bx9 overnights... I have a personal peeve with bunching during the wee hrs. of the morning.... I've benefited & got absolutely screwed on separate occasions in the past... I used to like riding the Bx9 b/w Fordham & 225th (for the 1, then w/e train of choice afterwards to get back to Brooklyn)....

One particular time I got screwed, I had came off the MNRR (didn't feel like doing the M15 to the Bx15 thing that night) to JUST miss not one, but two NB Bx9's... Couple ppl. waiting for Bx12's (I guess) across the street stared, but IDC, I was cursing quite loudly....

Needless to say, I walked to 225th that night.... Not one bus passed me for that entire walk (which was expected)....

Those buses aren't exactly empty either... matter fact, I'd say more often than not, by time buses hit GC (towards 225th), there'd be a seated load.....

This isn't a game thread...

I Couldn't Find A Game Thread Sorry

I I Couldn't Find A Game Thread Sorry

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/26148-guess-bus-route/page-9

...Or are you going to tell me you couldn't find a game thread after this post also?

This is the second time someone provided you a link, where you can make your post about an articulated bus from gun hill in....

See here, you have created 2 threads that have gotten locked....  Next time you make a post with that same content matter in an unrelated thread (or start up yet another thread), I'm going to suggest that you be banned for spamming (mods probably feel that way already)....

Edited by B35 via Church

let me say this Yonkers between Getty Square and the city line is much alike the west bronx i must say a continuation and looks alot like the west bronx...having it run hourly is a great idea and would thus be another bus route outside the city like aoutside the BX16 Q5 Q85 Q113 Q114 Q111 AND THE S89

also the BL 20 should be 24/7 since it is the most heavily used bus in the bee line system however it serves NYS 100 and not the central part of yonkers which lacks of a bus service 

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts on the expansion of Bx15 LTD service?

Under my proposal, the Bx15 LTD would run from 5:57 AM to 9:38 PM on Weekdays from 125 Street to Fordham (currently, the last bus is at 7:38 PM). Service will be every 12 minutes after 7:38 PM. Local service will be short-turns for a longer period as well; the first Bx15 from 12 Avenue will leave at 9:50 PM, arriving The Hub at 10:23 PM (The last short-turn will depart The Hub at 10:16 PM).

Additionally, the last Bx15 LTD from Fordham Plaza will depart at 8:15 PM to 125 Street (instead of 6:45 PM). However, after 6:15 PM, the Bx15 LTD's would be every 12 minutes instead of 10 minutes (like the last few operate) in order to maintain 12 minute headways on both routes. The locals will also operate every 12 minutes. The last short-turn to The Hub from Fordham will depart at 9:36 PM.

On Saturdays, the Bx15 LTD would operate from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM to Harlem, and from 8:10 AM to 8:10 PM to Fordham, every 12 minutes. The local would operate every 12 minutes from The Hub to Fordham roughly around the same times.

Sunday Service will still be all local.

I have no opinion on any expansion of Bx15 LTD service, although it isn't the first time I read someone bring it up...

While we're on the subject I guess...

This isn't a proposal, but for the Bronxites on here, I'd like to ask which of the two is quicker b/w Fordham plz. & the Hub? The Bx15 LTD or the Bx41 SBS....

I find that on average, the Bx41 local is quicker than the Bx15 local - but never gotten around to taking the (relatively) new SBS b/w the 2 points in-particular.....

I have no opinion on any expansion of Bx15 LTD service, although it isn't the first time I read someone bring it up...

While we're on the subject I guess...

This isn't a proposal, but for the Bronxites on here, I'd like to ask which of the two is quicker b/w Fordham plz. & the Hub? The Bx15 LTD or the Bx41 SBS....

I find that on average, the Bx41 local is quicker than the Bx15 local - but never gotten around to taking the (relatively) new SBS b/w the 2 points in-particular.....

Bx41 SBS.

It's actually kind of obvious with Bx41 SBS and the fare tickets, but I also notice third avenue can be a mess between 156 St and 149 St.

Edited by ShadeJay

Based on the busturnaround data the Bx41 local and SBS dwarfs the Bx15 on speed and reliability so I don't think there's much of a comparison between the two. What I would do with the Bx15 (although this may get in the way of current LTD/local set-up) is have the trips going to 125 start further south than Fordham Plaza, maybe at Tremont Av. 

The Bx35 is  making nice gains and is becoming more of a go-to route for Morrisania folks trying to get to the subway. This over time may eat into Bx41 and Bx15 usage a little so stay tuned to see what develops down in the South Bronx.

Edited by JubaionBx12+SBS

Thoughts on the expansion of Bx15 LTD service?

Under my proposal, the Bx15 LTD would run from 5:57 AM to 9:38 PM on Weekdays from 125 Street to Fordham (currently, the last bus is at 7:38 PM). Service will be every 12 minutes after 7:38 PM. Local service will be short-turns for a longer period as well; the first Bx15 from 12 Avenue will leave at 9:50 PM, arriving The Hub at 10:23 PM (The last short-turn will depart The Hub at 10:16 PM).

Additionally, the last Bx15 LTD from Fordham Plaza will depart at 8:15 PM to 125 Street (instead of 6:45 PM). However, after 6:15 PM, the Bx15 LTD's would be every 12 minutes instead of 10 minutes (like the last few operate) in order to maintain 12 minute headways on both routes. The locals will also operate every 12 minutes. The last short-turn to The Hub from Fordham will depart at 9:36 PM.

On Saturdays, the Bx15 LTD would operate from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM to Harlem, and from 8:10 AM to 8:10 PM to Fordham, every 12 minutes. The local would operate every 12 minutes from The Hub to Fordham roughly around the same times.

Sunday Service will still be all local.

I would tend to agree with the expansion of limited-stop service. The only thing to consider of course, is that the Bx41 +SBS+ is right next door, and the MTA would be inclined to have people use that and then hop on the subway to get to Harlem. (Even if they save some money by short-turning more buses at 149th and running more frequent service within The Bronx)

Bx41 SBS.

It's actually kind of obvious with Bx41 SBS and the fare tickets, but I also notice third avenue can be a mess between 156 St and 149 St.

I'd go with the Bx41 +SBS+ too. Webster is wider and has the bus lanes in some areas, so overall, you have more opportunities to gain speed. (And this is without factoring in the off-board fare payment)

Just what I suspected... Figured someone was flat out bullshitting, talkin about the Bx15 LTD is "still" faster from Fordham to The Hub than the "new Bx41"..... Doesn't make sense that the 15 LTD would trump the 41 SBS (yeah, even factoring out the benefits of SBS), when I always found the 15 local to be slower (due to sheer passenger activity & also, congestion b/w 149th & 161st as was mentioned) than the 41 local (which has a tendency to crawl, the closer you get to the hub)...

Side note, I guess...

Quite honestly, I never liked (riding) the Bx15; something I just do not care for about it... Would opt for the Bx55 instead (not even for the SPEEEEED factor either), but that route really started running like shit the 2-3 years before, and on up to, its discontinuation....

Anyway, thanks.... I'm done with this fabrication.

Continue on w/ addressing BM5's post/proposal.

• 2 weeks later...

New routing for the BxM18.

deegan-3rd/willis ave bridges-FDR-York/1st Avs-63rd St(southboud)/56th St(northbound)-5th/Madison Avs-23rd St-FDR-downtown loop that Queens express routes use.  

this new BxM18 will be significantly faster

That'll only help in the AM, it'll have no to an even worse effect in the PM

New routing for the BxM18.

deegan-3rd/willis ave bridges-FDR-York/1st Avs-63rd St(southboud)/56th St(northbound)-5th/Madison Avs-23rd St-FDR-downtown loop that Queens express routes use.  

this new BxM18 will be significantly faster

Completely unnecessary.  First off, it would also cut off transfers to other express buses.  With it running down 5th it deals with the same delays that other 5th Avenue express buses face.  Not only that it runs in between the BxM1 and BxM2 for a reason.  Many people in Riverdale work between 7th and 3rd Avenues in Midtown (lots of white collar professionals in my neighborhood in managerial positions (myself included)) and use the BxM18 because they can walk to their office from it.  The rest of the people that take it need it for Downtown/Wall Street area.  I use it for both Downtown and Midtown to be honest.  Coming to and from meetings Downtown it usually runs where I need to be.  Same deal in Midtown.  The only change I would make is having it skip the Deegan more often and run via Inwood (non-stop of course) so that it uses the Harlem River Drive where possible. Have it get off at 143rd and 5th and continue from there.  If it can avoid that traffic most of the time it can run okay. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8