R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe it was.

I believe it was.

Except drama. If the R188 is being delivered... There 10 cars set still R188 #7811 - #7815 , #7816 - #7820 at Unionport Yard home of 5 line. Delivery just started .. What can I say.. As i said before... If you think Corona Yard cannot R142A. this thread it look suggesting. 

LOL, depotofrelax liked your comment. He will be the very reason it will be locked.

LOL, depotofrelax liked your comment. He will be the very reason it will be locked.

I apologize.. Are you telling me & in this forum.. There are R62A haters in this forum. I know some don't like R62A. & you tell me i am not intresting in ol school car SMEE? come on.. Who said i do not like R62A .. Because I am R142/R142A riders.... 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mtattrain" data-cid="633831" data-time="1358468060"><p>

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway... any more R188s being delivered?</p></blockquote>

I saw another two outside Kawasaki yesterday, was too dark to get pix or car numbers this time. Probably check later today to see if they were ninja'd away

Which the MTA is considering ,I doubt they are going to do put automated announcements and route strip maps on a 25 year old fleet, to costly, but The LED signs will be the only major upgrade just like they did when they rebuild the R-32 and R-46. I hope am wrong.

The R62's and R68's aren't getting LED signs.

No excitement going on. But i do not have faith R188 will run on  (7) ...  What so silly about ... What does have it deal third track.. When new cars .... When sometimes fail what next.? 

Once the Flushing CBTC project is completed, the 7 will only be able to run R188's. The only purpose of the complex R188 order, with conversions and everything, is CBTC. If not for CBTC, a small order would have been placed for a few new trains (probably 10 car trains to go to the 1, freeing up R62A's to go to the 7) to accommodate the extension to 34th St.

Any of the other IRT cars can in principle go anywhere (except the shuttle), but the 7 will only have R188's.