R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was on the 7 today and there was 4 r188 at the yard at around 1230pm. That is why you and i didnt see them in service.

Wow. But at the same time those of you that know you're gonna miss R62As on the (7) better rack on on shots right now. Not immediatley, but don't wait until the the (7) is 90% tech to take your last rides on it or whatever.

Edited by E For Erica

Wow. But at the same time those of you that know you're gonna miss R62As on the (7) better rack on on shots right now. Not immediatley, but don't wait until the the (7) is 90% tech to take your last rides on it or whatever.

ohh no not me i could care less about those r62A bring on the new tech trains lol. The car i really miss is those redbirds

I have this feeling that (MTA) will decide to go for option number 2 for the R62As , just cause iv started to see R142As from the (4) pop up to the (6) , and also there used to be 6 sets of 62As on the (6) now there are 4

what happened to the other 2 sets of R62A's.plus what is option number 2?

Edited by pelhamfrank dyre av

what happened to the other 2 sets of R62A's.plus what is option number 2?

Option number 2 is where all R142/As from the (4) , get sent to the (6) and all of Flushings R62As end up on the (4) making it 100% R62As , with the (6) being R142/As

Edited by R62AR33

WHy sudden change to put them on the (4)?

All i know is that Passengers in Manhattan have been complaining alot about the R62As being back on the (6) and keep on complaining each time they see a new set , just some speculation on my part because i noticed 2 sets of R142As from the (4) pop up on the (6) the day before yesterday and as well noticing that now there are 4 sets of R62As assinged to the (6) when there was about 6 sets a month ago assinged to the (6) , Now im starting to see less R62As pop up wich makes me wonder if they are now going for option number 2 considering what changes iv been noticing

Edited by R62AR33

All i know is that Passengers in Manhattan have been complaining alot about the R62As being back on the (6) and keep on complaining each time they see a new set , just some speculation on my part because i noticed 2 sets of R142As from the (4) pop up on the (6) the day before yesterday and as well noticing that now there are 4 sets of R62As assinged to the (6) when there was about 6 sets a month ago assinged to the (6) , Now im starting to see less R62As pop up wich makes me wonder if they are going for option number considering what iv been noticing

Do people even notice that the old trains are taking over?

...Anyone from the TA who can confirm what this guy is saying??

Once again i said speculation on my part , I saw an R142A on the (6) and the car number was in the late 7600s wich normally you see those type of car numbers on the (4) at Grand Central , if it was in fact from the (4) it could have been a put in , or them going for option number 2

Edited by R62AR33

They're was always a 2nd plan to put half of the R62A's on the (4) but ITs not official

I know the Lexington was screwed up today so they might have just turned that R142A from the (4) into a (6)

Also there's 50 R62A's at Westchester, not 60

The part of the people complaining, well I saw that coming but as for right now we should just wait and see

Edited by R32 3838

Do people even notice that the old trains are taking over?

Do you think the average subway rider (a.k.a. commuter), really cares?   Most don't look at what the train is, they are so involved in their phones (calling, texting), reading and don't pay any attention to even what other passengers are doing unless someone creates a scene.   Their only concern is that they get on the correct train and get to where they want to go and hopefully with no delay.  The R142's are so dirty now, so I doubt most are complaining unless they have to maybe stand.   Also, who are they going to complain to?  Most don't want to be on the subway, and they're happy when they are finally off and out of the subway.

Edited by LIRRHicksville

Like I said in an earlier post: Why is everyone going crazy trying to catch the R188? Within this year the (7) will be mostly R188s. Catch your last few glimpses of the R62A. They won't be around for much longer. The R188 will eventually be an everyday thing. You don't have to worry about it right now.

The new car smell?

The better lighting and the clean seats in the R188, The lighting R142As looks crap compered to the R188 but then again the lighting will degrade over time anyway,

For those who are upset about R62A being on the 6 route don't be, The queens riders deserve the New cars with the lack of Subway option in the east side of queens. however I just hope that they could at least fix the speaker on the R62A so blind Riders can hear them as well the the subway conductor saying the announcements.