R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

I'm getting on that thing right now!!

Some sights along the way you might want to notice:

-SHOWTIME between 1 Av and Bedford Av

-Hipsters at Bedford Av

- (G) transfer at Lorimer St

-Abandoned ramp at Montrose Av

- (L) train console at Myrtle Wyckoff Av (Shows where each (L) train on the line is) + the (M) transfer.

-Halsey Street station being in both Brooklyn and Queens

-Wilson Av being half-underground and half-ground level.

-Mosaics at Bushwick/Aberdeen

-Transfers at B'way/ENY

-Abandoned platforms at Atlantic Av

-Ironwork at Sutter Av

- (3) Non-transfer at Livonia Av

-Narrow platform at E105 St

-Free transfer to B42 at Canarsie Rockaway Parkway

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive seen these long antennas along the flushing line, is that how the computers communicate to the train? Or is it via tracks or third rail

Yes, the antennas are use to communicate with the train and/or motorman.

The third rail supplies the power at 600-750 DC volts, the tracks act as an neutral conductor bringing the used power back to the grid.

anyone knows how electricity work could understand this. The third rail creates an electro-magnetic field that can disrupt any signals, so the antennas and receivers are built high enough to prevent any problems with the connection to communicate

Yes, the antennas are use to communicate with the train and/or motorman.

The third rail supplies the power at 600-750 DC volts, the tracks act as an neutral conductor bringing the used power back to the grid.

anyone knows how electricity work could understand this. The third rail creates an electro-magnetic field that can disrupt any signals, so the antennas and receivers are built high enough to prevent any problems with the connection to communicate

Im taking class on electrical. lol thats I was just curious cause i dont think i have seen those along the (L) line

Again with the R142 and R142A swap, First of all Bombardier back off from the contract bid because it was an engineering challenge and a small order ; Second of all, the 2 & 5 need the R142s because they share the same terminals for route switch at Brooklyn College. So the 6 fleet was the only option and has the first prototype in service (7211-7220) and Kawasaki like the order