R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are your posts a joke?

Jeez gone for over 2 weeks and i see all this crap on this thread? I am starting to wonder the very same thing. He offers no proof of what he says and how hard is it for people to understand? The r62as have to go back somewhere. If you don't like the old trains on the 6, then find an alternative mode of transportation if it bothers you that much. The r62as is not a total downgrade like when the J has to lend r160as to the C for r32s every summer, so calm the hell down. Just because the r62as don't have the automated announcements or blinking station displays and stuff, it still has a/c and heat and takes you from point a to b. Deal with it.

Jeez gone for over 2 weeks and i see all this crap on this thread? I am starting to wonder the very same thing. He offers no proof of what he says and how hard is it for people to understand? The r62as have to go back somewhere. If you don't like the old trains on the 6, then find an alternative mode of transportation if it bothers you that much. The r62as is not a total downgrade like when the J has to lend r160as to the C for r32s every summer, so calm the hell down. Just because the r62as don't have the automated announcements or blinking station displays and stuff, it still has a/c and heat and takes you from point a to b. Deal with it.

Word up. I had enough of the R62A on my (7) and not that but the R188 is good for times like this when we are freezing our asses below 10 degrees as the R62A sometimes breaks down cuz of these things. The (6) is mostly underground so it will be good for R62A's down there.

What about the 6 riders? That line isn't all underground. My point was about the ppl here still trying to talk about the 2,4,5 lines. Those three are not changing trains. The swap is just the 6 and 7, nothing else.

The only other line affected is the (1) with R62s, but other than that, yeah, nothing else will really be swapped. 

Damn, this vandalizing shit is getting nuts!

This happened before, I beleive on R142A 7598.

Sorry, but a teenager did not remove the plastic and then remove the strip map and put it back. Probably a maintenance issue.

The strip map was gone, and the plastic protector lay on the floor under the seat. From what I saw, the strip map was working fine with all of the lights inside functional. The map and the plastic cover most likely came loose and fell onto the ground, giving someone the opportunity to take it.

EDIT: The screws are still on the main board. So the map and plastic probably fell off.

Edited by Tech And Transit