R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no more R142's on the (6)?! I miss the Brooklyn Bridge City Hall annocment all ready...

FOR THE GOD DAMN LAST TIME:

The (6) needs less trains to operate at high intervals than the (7). The (7) will only need most of the (6)'s R142A, so there will be some extra R142A left alone on the (6). The problem from that is that Westchester won't show any love for it, leaving a couple trains trashed out and soon retiring before the R62As (very unlikely but could happen if Westchester's crew don't all get fired).

OMG you guys! It was a RANDOM thought!!! You could of said NICELY that the (7) dosent need all of the R142's, you dont need to scream at me like im deaf!  <_<  :angry:

Thank you Eric for telling me NICELY that the (7) isnt gonna use all of the R142's.  ^_^

Edited by Javier

OMG you guys! It was a RANDOM thought!!! You could of said NICELY that the (7) dosent need all of the R142's, you dont need to scream at me like im deaf!  <_<  :angry:

Thank you Eric for telling me NICELY that the (7) isnt gonna use all of the R142's.  ^_^

Well, sorry, but it was simply logic. You look at a map. (7) is crosstown. (6) is Lex. The (6) 's line is a lot longer than the (7), and the (7) only has 21 stops. The (6) has a ton of stops in Manhattan and also some stops in the Bronx. It's obvious that it's a lot longer, and logic is saying that longer line means more cars needed.

Edited by MTA Dude

Well, sorry, but it was simply logic. You look at a map. (7) is crosstown. (6) is Lex. The (6) 's line is a lot longer than the (7), and the (7) only has 21 stops. The (6) has a ton of stops in Manhattan and also some stops in the Bronx. It's obvious that it's a lot longer, and logic is saying that longer line means more cars needed.

Not only that, but if you read some earlier posts, you would find a lot of times where someone said that there will be leftover R142As for the (6). The most recent time was a month ago I believe.

The 7 is gaining a new car with every convert set coming in as well as the 8 new trains. By the time all the swapping is done, there will be a more R62As on the mainline than R142As sent out. In a way it is like trading 10 R142As to the 7 and sorta getting back 11 R62As (of course not 11 at the same time, but the 11th car will eventually be sent back in a 10 car train).

As for the person some weeks ago asking how anyone knows the numbers of the car fleets: there's wikipedia and nycsubway.org which has all the numbers listed. Just look it up there if you want to know the car numbers. As for where the trains are, well that's just observations by people riding the lines everyday. Nothing complicated about it.

As for the person asking about that isolated car '7218' and now the special strip map with '10th av'. Please buy a camera for proof because you aren't helping your case by making baseless claims. Just saying.

Edited by Grand Concourse

R62A's 1826-1830 and 1966-1970 are now on the (6)<6> as of tonight

Isn't 1826-1830 on the (1)?

So no more R142's on the (6)?! I miss the Brooklyn Bridge City Hall annocment all ready....

There will still be R142As on the (6) but not alot, the (4) will be seen the most with the 142A's

Edited by Calvin

As for the person asking about that isolated car '7218' and now the special strip map with '10th av'. Please buy a camera for proof because you aren't helping your case by making baseless claims. Just saying.

What also isn't helping his case is that I have been on that car, and I'm sure some others too, and I have seen for myself that there is no "large sticker".

Or looked at a current car allocation sheet. Westchester is allocated more cars than Corona, so it stands to reason that that will continue to be true.

Edited by ttcsubwayfan