Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

If there was an R32 on the (A), then thats because the R46's are doing very bad, i saw one at 207th st, it ran like complete crap, thats the only reason why they would be on (A) if an R46 is acting up and if they don't any have spares

The (A) supposedly lost two sets of R46s as well....

Edited by SubBus

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt R32's will run on the shuttle once through service is reestablished - they can't run in OPTO service.

So can you explain why they are doing this then -_-, they are gonna run on the shuttle between Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park, I explained why already here's proof:

IMG_5245.jpg

They will have C/R's as well, 20 R32's will go out there, BTW 3514/15 is not apart of the consist, 3514/15 is on the (C) with rehabbed trucks, 3406/7 and 3870 is in the Rockaway Pk yard, 3871 and 3426/7 still at N'conduit, so 15 more to get transferred

All cars that are going, Have been inspected with replaced Brake shoes and etc. plus a inspection pit is being configured for inspections in rock pk yard

My theory is that they will run in 6-8 car consists while the others are spares

Edited by R32 3838

Yes, the (A) did in fact lose two trains to scrap, the ones that sat at 207 partially submerged.

They are scrap, along with several R42s up there.

What is the exact nature of the damage? After all, sixteen 75' cars is a handful. Is there really no way of saving them?

I rode on an R42 (C) on Wednesday morning. I wasnt even trying to look for them and one just comes to me.

Of course it stopped at the 10 car marker. But since I was at the front (RFW and all, I treat ALL my R42 rides as if they were my last :P) and got off at 59th for a waiting (D), I didnt see for myself if it was an 8 car (likely) or 10 car consist (doubt it).

What is the exact nature of the damage? After all, sixteen 75' cars is a handful. Is there really no way of saving them?

sea water damaged those cars, the conponets are prone to rot so they are like screw it and scrap it, there are already 2 R46's that are basicly parts donors, thats 6206/7

I hope none were the AA pairs. But that sucks losing 2 whole trains like that. On the bright side, probably 2 whole trains worth of R32s sticking around longer, lol.

I don't think there were A-A units in that set that got soaked in that flooded 207th st

BTW 6 more R32's went to N'conduit to get trucked, so far about 8-10 (10 by tomorrow morning if they decide to truck 2 more cars) are in rock pk

Ok guys, Im not all that good with trains, but when I was on the platform on 42nd st today, If I didn't know any better I would say it was an R42 that pulled up on the (C). Has this already been discussed?

It also wasn't a full length train because when it stopped, there was this huge gap between the last car, and the end of the platform.

Yes, they are running a couple of R42s on the C. Even though they're 8 car trains, T/Os have been instructed to make 10 car stops, so the C/R is on his/her indication board when properly berthed in the station. R42s have no door controls in the #1 cab, so C/R operating position is not in the middle, but 5/3.