Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Got my OPA results as well. Strange how it doesn't mention the actual Oral part just the multiple choice lol. 

I got my letter also and passed. I was also a bit worried about my score on this and posted about how I found this test difficult.

I would assume since it says we passed the qualifying oral proficiency assessment that we passed both parts. Do you think if we failed the other part we would get a letter saying we failed and we would be off the list? 

5 minutes ago, Dred said:

I got my letter also and passed. I was also a bit worried about my score on this and posted about how I found this test difficult.

I would assume since it says we passed the qualifying oral proficiency assessment that we passed both parts. Do you think if we failed the other part we would get a letter saying we failed and we would be off the list? 

If you failed the OPA the letter probably would of said so I believe the letter is stating overall that you passed it you probably now have to wait till the next preemployment comes out and then you'll get the letter saying to come back

My list number is in the 700's and I got my OPA pass today but no pre-employment.

It seems that people in the 400's got a pre-employment letter.

Does anyone know how soon I could possibly be hired being in the 700s. Could it be weeks away or am I still looking at years? 

Does anyone know how soon the people who got a pre-employmen letters could be hired? 

Thanks

Edited by Dred

From what I can find is that they want to hire 200 people and will potentially call up to 2000 people from the list for those positions.

The people under #400 are going in next week to start the pre-employment so it seems they want to hire these people fast.

Is it possible that with a 700 number I could start my pre-employment in the next few weeks and also be called for a job within a couple of months? Is that far fetched?

I need to get an idea about when I will be starting. Last thing i heard here were people saying there was a hiring freeze for years, now it seems they want to hire people ASAP. We need answers!

Edited by Dred

33 minutes ago, Dred said:

From what I can find is that they want to hire 200 people and will potentially call up to 2000 people from the list for those positions.

The people under #400 are going in next week to start the pre-employment so it seems they want to hire these people fast.

Is it possible that with a 700 number I could start my pre-employment in the next few weeks and also be called for a job within a couple of months? Is that far fetched?

I need to get an idea about when I will be starting. Last thing i heard here were people saying there was a hiring freeze for years, now it seems they want to hire people ASAP. We need answers!

It could also be that people who received these letters may decide to not take this job. Keep your head up high and hope for the best.

My number is in the low 70s. 

I see some people got their letter, so I think what I may need to do is this: I'm going to go to 180 Livingston at 7 AM on Monday since I don't work until noon, and see if they can let me know when I am supposed to go.

My relative got a letter and is list 15X. I'm 7X. I'm am confusion. 

8 hours ago, Camean said:

From what appears to be evident, they are processing 2000 people to fill 200 positions.  Clearly your number is above 2000. Was your score a 96.25?  We have people with that score with list numbers that range from below 2000 to above 2000. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe they’re treating people with the identical scores as equals as opposed to using the list number.  That would mean that the randomly picked from that bracket to meet there 2000,  since taking a whole bunch of people with a 96.25 would put them well over the 2000 people they’re looking to start processing.  It would explain why some people with list numbers around 1800 did not get an OPA yet someone like myself did with over 2200  

Judging by what people reported here. The score of 96.25 as a list number ranged from about 1500-2400.  Can anybody point to some data that contradicts this thought? 

NOPE I think your correct 96.25 =2120 for me

2 hours ago, kellgh said:

My number is in the low 70s. 

I see some people got their letter, so I think what I may need to do is this: I'm going to go to 180 Livingston at 7 AM on Monday since I don't work until noon, and see if they can let me know when I am supposed to go.

My relative got a letter and is list 15X. I'm 7X. I'm am confusion. 

Is it possible you failed the OPA exam? Let us know what happens either way. 

Edited by Dred

List # 2,3xx here. 

I took the OPA back in December, and just got a notice of result today. It says that I’ve passed the qualifying oral proficiency assessment for conductor exam no 6601. Your name will remain on the eligible list for this exam. When we reach your list number, you will receive another letter inviting you for the pre employment process. 

8 minutes ago, Dred said:

9 minutes ago, Dred said:

I didn't.

Got a letter of pass today.

11 hours ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

I'm a bit concerned I'm in the low 1xxx's I took my OPA in october but got no letter of pass or fail yesterday are there any others that took it that didn't receive their results?

I'm concerned enough that I'm waking up mad early to make a trip to the MTA tmr. 

I believe my letter may have been lost or it is late :(