Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Housing lotteries? 

Its where people could apply for buildings throughout NYC. You go on housing connect and there's different buildings from luxury buildings to regular buildings. I basically process people's applications to see if they get approved or not

1 hour ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Yea passed it too. I go to 85% at my job in July to $30.50 or so and we're fighting for $32.00

Now if i get hired 2020 im at 100pct pay then prob about $38 then with ot kicking in after 35hrs. Im on pace for making $93k this yr. Not including my bump in July. Gonna be hard to leave that. Same pace in 2020 would easily be over $120k. Just pension is 1,200 per mo and mta much more. I get free lunches at work and some comp nights at hotels worldwide. Just that pension that has me interested. 

Yeah that’s tough.  But you’re right, the only difference is the pension.  But you’re also 2 1/2 years from potentially making 6 digits, which is nowhere near MTA.    

17 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Going based on the last test you could be looking around 3 years, maybe a bit more depending if they meet their conductor needs. You won't receive a letter for the OPA until they are closer to the point that they will want you for pre-employment. 

Thanks for the feedback, at least things are moving along, so there’s hope 

15 hours ago, Schecter said:

Email exams and tell your list number and ask them when they will give out the OPA for your number. I did that and they said that the second round of OPAs will go out during them 1st quarter of 2018, and it was true because I received the OPA in the mail 2 weeks ago

Will do, thanks for the advice 

My experience yesterday was pretty much like everyone else. My appointment was for 7:30 but I got there at 7:10. You go up to the 5th floor wait in the 1st line. You just give your letter and then you receive a ticket. You then go around the corner to another counter and give them your letter again. They take it and give you this long ass packet they call homework and then a clipboard. On the clipboard there are papers you fill out immediately and then other papers you fill out later in the day. Once everyone is in, a lady comes out and explains the position and what to expect during training. She said this is the 1st wave of people and that if everything goes good, probably looking at the June 3 class. After that I went to the bathroom but when I came back another lady  was going over those 2nd set of papers on the clipboard. I'm not gonna say shes mean but she is quite direct and blunt. She didn't like when people were talking when she was. So when she comes up just follow along with her (or fake it). After that they begin calling your numbers to review all your documents. As long as you have everything you then get sent to take the drug test which as mentioned before is a urine sample. This was the longest part of the day for me. Literally sat in there for about 2.5-3 hours. Luckily soon as I went in there I had to pee so I didn't have to stay any longer. After that you go back out to the 2nd desk and they tell you you're done. Look out for an email or phone call anywhere from 3-90 days for your results. 

23 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

My experience yesterday was pretty much like everyone else. My appointment was for 7:30 but I got there at 7:10. You go up to the 5th floor wait in the 1st line. You just give your letter and then you receive a ticket. You then go around the corner to another counter and give them your letter again. They take it and give you this long ass packet they call homework and then a clipboard. On the clipboard there are papers you fill out immediately and then other papers you fill out later in the day. Once everyone is in, a lady comes out and explains the position and what to expect during training. She said this is the 1st wave of people and that if everything goes good, probably looking at the June 3 class. After that I went to the bathroom but when I came back another lady  was going over those 2nd set of papers on the clipboard. I'm not gonna say shes mean but she is quite direct and blunt. She didn't like when people were talking when she was. So when she comes up just follow along with her (or fake it). After that they begin calling your numbers to review all your documents. As long as you have everything you then get sent to take the drug test which as mentioned before is a urine sample. This was the longest part of the day for me. Literally sat in there for about 2.5-3 hours. Luckily soon as I went in there I had to pee so I didn't have to stay any longer. After that you go back out to the 2nd desk and they tell you you're done. Look out for an email or phone call anywhere from 3-90 days for your results. 

Haha yes that second lady is blunt and direct to the point. I love her lol. I thought she had a attitude problem at first compared to the first lady who gave us our "orentiation", but when you have people who can't follow simple directions and pay attention to what she's saying then I can see why she is the way she is. There was one guy who didn't listen to a word she said and kept interrupting me when i was filling out my paperwork. Luckily when they started calling us up to go over our documents he had her and she tore into him.

She was nice to me though, after i finished my drug test her and another woman at the counter (playfully) started making fun of me lol for "stealing" her clipboard haha. 

Waiting for the lab definitely sucked. I don't get why it took some people 30-40 mins back there either. I was in i was done after 15 mins tops. 

I'm hoping to make the July class.

Hey everyone I have been following this forum for a while and I just have a few questions 

I took the train conductor 6601 my score was 93 and my list number in the 7###

Do you think theres a possibility I would get called?? if so do you know the time frame?? 

Thank you 

1 minute ago, Mohamed said:

Hey everyone I have been following this forum for a while and I just have a few questions 

Do you think theres a possibility I would get called?? if so do you know the time frame?? 

Thank you 

Did you take the OPA yet?

2 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

No haven't received a letter or call saying I need to take the OPA yet 

Then you might have to wait probably 2 or 3 years but take my reply with a grain of salt. Your best bet would be to probably try emailing the exams unit and see what they tell you. They will have a more clear cut answer to everything.

3 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Thank you 

Probably in another 1 1/2 years.   I got 92.5 and my # is 95XX so I’m looking at 1 1/2 - 2 years.     But who knows, it could be sooner. Many people may drop out for a number of reasons, (drug,medical, another job/no longer interested). So it could move slower or faster depending on their needs at the time.  

Edited by noekozz

2 hours ago, Karim188 said:

most likely anyone whos in 27,000 or higher wont get called and i wont have a chance 

While that could be the case, I would remain optimistic.   Continue to live your life and apply to other city positions within the MTA. In contrast, the last conductor test # 8094 just expired this past February.  Mind you that exam was given back in 2008 which a few of my friends took.  One already moved up from conductor to TO by 2012.