Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, N1CKR said:

What kind of documents do they ask for? I can’t find my HS diploma at all. But you have to complete the pre employment app that they sent in the mail ?

They ask for your SS card, picture ID, birth certificate, passport if needed to substitute for ID, HS diploma, DD214 original copy if you're a veteran, and the pre-employment form they sent you in the mail. If you can't find your HS diploma (like me), they'll tell you the next time you come in, to have it with you. Try contacting the Dept of Education and the HS you attended.

2 hours ago, Rafael Azafrani said:

I just got the letter that tells me to go in for the pre-employment process.  The problem is, I got the letter today and the appointment was for today.  Does anyone know who I should contact or what I should do next?

I didn't get my letter in time, but I went in anyways.

I was told that they can make exceptions for this, so I'd go in tmr and try your luck \o/

Just go anyways -- take the letter. Mine was for today, and I got my letter AFTER I already did the drug screen. 

Edited by kellgh

2 hours ago, AngelRC said:

They ask for your SS card, picture ID, birth certificate, passport if needed to substitute for ID, HS diploma, DD214 original copy if you're a veteran, and the pre-employment form they sent you in the mail. If you can't find your HS diploma (like me), they'll tell you the next time you come in, to have it with you. Try contacting the Dept of Education and the HS you attended.

Would anyone happen to know if a college diploma would be ok in place of a hs diploma? 

7 minutes ago, SafeDrive8 said:

Would anyone happen to know if a college diploma would be ok in place of a hs diploma? 

You know what is crazy.

When I was there, a guy asked this question. They said yes. 

I WOULD NOT RELY ON THIS THOUGH. Although, I think it would be crazy to not accept a Bachelor's degree versus a HS diploma/GED.

18 minutes ago, kellgh said:

You know what is crazy.

I WOULD NOT RELY ON THIS THOUGH. Although, I think it would be crazy to not accept a Bachelor's degree versus a HS diploma/GED.

I agree but maybe he/she should try emailing exams possibly?

1 hour ago, kellgh said:

You know what is crazy.

I used my college degree, You can’t go to college without a hs diploma or ged so I don’t see y not

3 hours ago, AngelRC said:

That is a great point

11 hours ago, Lovablepj said:

I used my college degree, You can’t go to college without a hs diploma or ged so I don’t see y not

You actually can...there was a lawsuit in NYC where a guy was ejected from NYPD b/c he did not have a GED or high school diploma, but had a bachelor's degree. 

15 hours ago, RedViper90 said:

I haven’t even received an invite to the OPA. I didn’t even know what an OPA was until the thread became active again, lol. And I’m 16xx.

Tf? 

Go to 5th floor 180 Livingston and find out whats what. 

17 hours ago, AngelRC said:

Thanks appreciate the feedback info.  The Work history info they require is a little overkill, I can't remember all of the dates as to when I started and left jobs. 

Edited by N1CKR

32 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

Thanks appreciate the feedback info.  The Work history info they require is a little overkill, I can't remember all of the dates as to when I started and left jobs. 

You can receive a statement of your employment history from Social Security by completing a Request for Social Security Earnings Information form. You will receive detailed information about your work history including employment dates, employer names and addresses, and earnings.

The Social Security Administration charges a fee for detailed information based on the length of time for which you would like to receive records

1 hour ago, N1CKR said:

This is the basic deal,

If you were off the books don't list it, meaning if you didn't pay taxes and nobody knew about the job, then DO not list it, you are just opening your self up for trouble by listing it.

If you paid taxes on the job you should list it because if they do match it to the social security records then I don't know if you can get in trouble. I don't think this is as strict as the Police or Fire department so you probably don't have to worry all that much what you list. 

11 minutes ago, Sha123 said:

Wow my list number is in the 200s and I didn’t receive a pre employment letter. I passed the opa though. Maybe I should email the exam unit.

This happened to me. I showed up for the pre employment processing on Monday instead.

They reprinted my letter -- my day was that day. They took me, and I've done my drug screen. 

I would go directly there at 7 AM. 

Just got back from pre employment and drug screening. As mentioned earlier there are two classes scheduled for the 22nd of this month and on June 3rd. We were told that most of us that were there today would  be in the June 3rd class depending on your list #. 

Got briefed on school car/RTO, xx list and employee passes. You get a pass valid on subways/buses and one for either Metro North or Lirr. That's pretty cool, but if you get caught letting somone else use your pass kiss your job goodbye.

For those of you going tomorrow or after be prepared to have a long day. I was there from 7am to just before 1pm. Also, whwn the women are going over how to fill out the forms you're given please pay attention and don't bother others while they're filling out their work. It's very annoying. There was this one dunce that kept interrupting me because he wasn't listening carefully, and when he got up to the counter to go over his paperwork the woman started tearing into him because he didn't follow directions. Don't be that dunce lol.

Got my 21 page "homework" did my lab and skated. Goodluck to everyone.

1 hour ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Im going tomorrow at 730. Not looking for to getting up so early but it has to be done.

Anybody knows what medical consists of ?? 

Let us know what they do if you missed your date.

I know when they mailed out the test scores a couple months back that the letter got to me a week late because the mail man delivered it to my neighbor by mistake and my neighbor was away on vacation. I did see the letter on USPS.com Email as they send you a picture of all your mail you should get for the day so I was expecting this MTA letter but didn't get it for over a week and my neighbor delivered it to me.

You may want to log into USPS and see if they still have your old mail pictures on file as they keep that for a while, you may be able to see if it did get scanned and got lost by your mail man. 

Most likely your letter got lost in the mail just like mine . So if you should have gotten a letter you have no choice but to go down ASAP and get this worked out. 

Please let us know if they hold that missed appointment against you.

2 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Just got back from pre employment and drug screening. As mentioned earlier there are two classes scheduled for the 22nd of this month and on June 3rd. We were told that most of us that were there today would  be in the June 3rd class depending on your list #. 

Got briefed on school car/RTO, xx list and employee passes. You get a pass valid on subways/buses and one for either Metro North or Lirr. That's pretty cool, but if you get caught letting somone else use your pass kiss your job goodbye.

For those of you going tomorrow or after be prepared to have a long day. I was there from 7am to just before 1pm. Also, whwn the women are going over how to fill out the forms you're given please pay attention and don't bother others while they're filling out their work. It's very annoying. There was this one dunce that kept interrupting me because he wasn't listening carefully, and when he got up to the counter to go over his paperwork the woman started tearing into him because he didn't follow directions. Don't be that dunce lol.

Got my 21 page "homework" did my lab and skated. Goodluck to everyone.

I was there today, and I know exactly who you're talking about.  :-P

You got lucky, I left at 4p.m.  I was like the only vet there and they didn't know how to do my paperwork.  So, I had to wait an extra 2 hours in that giant room, and then another 2 hours for the drug test.

On 4/1/2018 at 11:27 PM, kellgh said:

I'm concerned enough that I'm waking up mad early to make a trip to the MTA tmr. 

I believe my letter may have been lost or it is late :(

I’m in the same predicament as you :( except I emailed the exams unit and they told me I have to report tomorrow @ 7:30am.

When you got there did they give you all the papers that your suppose to have?