Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I'm in a similar predicament and I have to report on Wednesday as well. I'm hoping for the June 3rd class or something in August or later since I'm finishing up my degree in he summer. Hopefully those in the 1-400 range take up all the spots for those two dates lol.

Thank you so much @Lovablepj for the updates.

700  here, I'm also hoping it gets filled because I would like to start towards the end of the summer. August would be perfect

If I did get stuck for the June class then I would probably defer myself, but then I would be looking at starting probably in the winter if I do that because it takes a couple of months to get reinstated.

36 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

How long is the process you all went through today? You had to report early and what not? Did they tell you anything specific ? 

Most were out by about 12 pm. They want to get as many as they can since some will decide not to take the job

55 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

Most were out by about 12 pm. They want to get as many as they can since some will decide not to take the job

55 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

56 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

My appointment was at 730, i got there at 650, they started letting people upstairs at 7, we started the process right away and i was done and out at 10:27 am

I am just curious, because I have to go on Thursday. They call you in and you give them your letter with completed application and then what? Do they give you a drug test right there or do you have to be called for that? 

2 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

I am just curious, because I have to go on Thursday. They call you in and you give them your letter with completed application and then what? Do they give you a drug test right there or do you have to be called for that? 

2 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

When you first go in you just give them the letter, and they will give u a number, you then go on another line where they give u a21 page booklet to fill out at home and three pieces paper you have to fill out there. You go and sit down fill out the paper and wait for your number to be called.once your number is called u go up and give them your completed application along with the documents they requested, sign some more paperwork, and then they send you to lab to do the drug test. Once you are done with the drug test . They tell you to go back to the desk to let them know you are done. When you go to the desk, they tell you that is it, you will get an email within 3 to 30 days with ur results and appointment for medical. You have to bring in that 21 page booklet, completed on the day of ur medical.

1 hour ago, Lovablepj said:

When you first go in you just give them the letter, and they will give u a number, you then go on another line where they give u a21 page booklet to fill out at home and three pieces paper you have to fill out there. You go and sit down fill out the paper and wait for your number to be called.once your number is called u go up and give them your completed application along with the documents they requested, sign some more paperwork, and then they send you to lab to do the drug test. Once you are done with the drug test . They tell you to go back to the desk to let them know you are done. When you go to the desk, they tell you that is it, you will get an email within 3 to 30 days with ur results and appointment for medical. You have to bring in that 21 page booklet, completed on the day of ur medical.

This might be a silly ? but what we're most people wearing? My letter makes it seem like I am meeting with someone on an interview, and the description you just gave is more just filling out papers, waiting for number to be called, drug test, done.

i only ask because I have to go straight to work after and if I can wear work clothes (medical scrubs) I would. 

Also, did they specify anything?

was it held against people if they missing one of the documents required? (Having trouble finding HS diploma)

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Lovablepj said:

I heard you have to pee in a cup in front of someone for the MTA is that also true

Checked my mail and what do I find?? A letter to come in Thursday! Yay. 7:30 am though?? Sheesh.

Quick question: so it says I need my birth certificate . Now my original birth certificate I sent off because Im in the process of getting my passport. So they hold it til they finish. But I have numerous copies of it. Can I just bring a copy? What do you guys think I should do? 

19 minutes ago, Rafael Azafrani said:

I just got the letter that tells me to go in for the pre-employment process.  The problem is, I got the letter today and the appointment was for today.  Does anyone know who I should contact or what I should do next?

Email them right away or go there tomorrow morning in person and explain to them 

2 hours ago, Mtahopeful2018 said:

This might be a silly ? but what we're most people wearing? My letter makes it seem like I am meeting with someone on an interview, and the description you just gave is more just filling out papers, waiting for number to be called, drug test, done.

i only ask because I have to go straight to work after and if I can wear work clothes (medical scrubs) I would. 

Also, did they specify anything?

was it held against people if they missing one of the documents required? (Having trouble finding HS diploma)

Thank you!

I just did business casual the first time and went casual the rest of times. It's going to be all paperwork and the drug test for pre-employment. Your medical will obv. be the medical and final processing is when you finally sit down with someone from HR and go over everything. If you're missing something that they need, they will tell you to get it sorted out and return to continue the process, while taking your name off the list. (Which means that you will have to be reinstated)

2 hours ago, N1CKR said:

What kind of documents do they ask for? I can’t find my HS diploma at all. But you have to complete the pre employment app that they sent in the mail ?

They will need your ID, social security card, birth certificate and whatever else they requested in the Notice of Examination. And yes, they need all the forms filled out when you go in.

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

I heard you have to pee in a cup in front of someone for the MTA is that also true

You won't be doing the test directly in view of someone but it will be supervised.

1 hour ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Checked my mail and what do I find?? A letter to come in Thursday! Yay. 7:30 am though?? Sheesh.

Quick question: so it says I need my birth certificate . Now my original birth certificate I sent off because Im in the process of getting my passport. So they hold it til they finish. But I have numerous copies of it. Can I just bring a copy? What do you guys think I should do? 

Having originals for everything is your best bet to not get turned away.