R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, R32 3838 said:

just saw the video, it looks like regular thugs vs that one railfan.

Darn. That’s a shame. Why can’t people just be tolerant of others assuming it was a bunch of thugs beating up an innocent person?

Edited by darkstar8983

5 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

That's also assuming those were fans/foamers. They could've been regular kids.

Lmao...Back when I rode them as a teen we was more happy with new cars for the air conditioner 😁...

1 minute ago, R32 3838 said:

Fighting for what.. Jesus Christ 

23 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I was going to check it out today as I'm in town but decided just to wait till I have a day off from college. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't...

Can't say I'm surprised with these foamers 🤷‍♂️

Wait until the middle of Spring when they really start the replacements 

2 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Someone at 207th Street told me that a railfan who was known "in the community as a troublemaker" started the fight.

19 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So is it out or did it get pulled out of service?

It's in service. I think maybe they said that to get the troublemakers off the train. Shortly after the NYPD sorted things out, the train re-entered service. The return trip was more peaceful and had more regular commuters. One of them called the train "european." A few people were confused by the flip up seats. 

27 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

I mean you want to see this community REALLY be toxic, put yourself in my shoes as LGBTQ+ and trying to stay a member.

One of the reasons why I do these events alone now. Though I wouldn't say no to the idea of a queer railfan group.

1 minute ago, Kriston Lewis said:

Someone at 207th Street told me that a railfan who was known "in the community as a troublemaker" started the fight.

It's in service. I think maybe they said that to get the troublemakers off the train. Shortly after the NYPD sorted things out, the train re-entered service. The return trip was more peaceful and had more regular commuters. One of them called the train "european." A few people were confused by the flip up seats. 

One of the reasons why I do these events alone now. Though I wouldn't say no to the idea of a queer railfan group.

it doesn't surprise me at all.

8 minutes ago, Fan Railer said:

If I'm reading the schedule correctly, they *should* make the 7:42 pm trip out of far rock back to 207, then probably go out of service and deadhead back to pitkin or something.

The train made the 6:02 pm departure out of 207 to far rock.

So just to be clear, the 30 day test has begun? Aka, these are running pretty much every day from now on? 

7 minutes ago, U-BahnNYC said:

So just to be clear, the 30 day test has begun? Aka, these are running pretty much every day from now on? 

Yes. 30-days continuous with no disqualifying issues. Otherwise, the clock has to be reset to 0 and the test re-started after the issue has been corrected. If the test is passed, NYCT will start receiving the rest of the R211A base order.

I boarded the R211 today, aside from the trouble at 181 St, it was a smooth ride and heard some interesting things on-board. It has colorful lights and a on-board screen showing route and stops. The "beep" sound when making the announcement and the destination interior has the route but separates the terminal in two like "Inwood" then "207 St". Makes me wonder when SIR gets these cars whether we'll be having strip maps on-board since it's 21 stops but during the rush has trains between St. George to/from Great Kills local and said Ferry Terminal to/from Tottenville Express. 

There are small cameras on-board but difference from the system here is that before, few days ago, when I rode the new 7K series cars out of Chicago, the CTA, there is a screen that shows the on-board visual that you can see yourself on-board and the operator on that car to see any action going on the entire length of each car.

* Also, hopefully, to give note, some people need to know how to stay in their own lane and keep out of trouble. I seen the full video (1 person getting punched by more than one person) and the feeling is that he's going to have a rude awakening with everyone knowing what he did to get into this fracas and his face being shown all over the web. 

Edited by Calvin

2 hours ago, Fan Railer said:

Yes. 30-days continuous with no disqualifying issues. Otherwise, the clock has to be reset to 0 and the test re-started after the issue has been corrected. If the test is passed, NYCT will start receiving the rest of the R211A base order.

I spoke with some Kawasaki employees on the train, and they told me the MTA will actually be bringing more R211As on property starting next week, but not putting them into service, obviously. After the 30-day test is completed, the plan is to put multiple trains into service at once. 

9 minutes ago, Humidifier said:

I spoke with some Kawasaki employees on the train, and they told me the MTA will actually be bringing more R211As on property starting next week, but not putting them into service, obviously. After the 30-day test is completed, the plan is to put multiple trains into service at once. 

Guess they pulled the train after it completed the 6:02 pm run from 207 to far rock and brought it back to Pitkin. Not a bad first day besides the drama at 181st.

That's a good plan actually. I bet the TA can't wait to start chucking the R46s to the scrapper; those cars really have seen better days. Amtrak is basically doing the same thing with the new Acelas. Once the FRA certifies them, 5 trainsets are going into service at once (late this fall or early next year).

Also, RE the incident at 181st, apparently the kid that got jumped was talking smack about the subway surfer who died back in December. The surfer's GF caught wind and tried to drag him off the train, then a bunch of other people piled onto it at started swinging at the kid.

Edited by Fan Railer

1 minute ago, Fan Railer said:
10 minutes ago, Humidifier said:

Guess they pulled the train after it completed the 6:02 pm run from 207 to far rock and brought it back to Pitkin. Not a bad first day besides the drama at 181st.

That's a good plan actually. I bet the TA can't wait to start chucking the R46s to the scrapper; those cars really have seen better days. Amtrak is basically doing the same thing with the new Acelas. Once the FRA certifies them, 5 trainsets are going into service at once (late this fall or early next year).

Production set pretty much should've ironed out all the kinks the Pilot set had since they're all the same so this should theoretically not be a problem moving forward. If all goes well, we could start seeing more and more R211A's running around by the end of the year filling up the (A) and (C) to where option orders start coming in next year.

Took the first trip from 168 to 34th-Penn with my mom. Had a pretty chill trip although I was unfortunate enough to get interviewed. Got off and spent time with my mom walking around until she had to go elsewhere.

2nd Trip, I caught it at Utica and met up with @NoHacksJustKhaks. We had a nice convo and the train was ALMOST rerouted via Rutgers. Met up with 2 IRL friends of mine in #4067 (back of the train going N/B. We're just chilling in our own little corner until 181st. Hear about the fight in the front. Laughed my ass off and went "Damn already!?! Its too early for this!!" and then I remember this is the transit community we're talking about. Things like this are the reason I don't go on the first day but went anyways because I took off today cause I made arrangements with family and the 211 Inaugration runs kinda just... fell in place conviniently...

Get to 207th and train was supposedly out of service and had a door problem. Nobody, not even TSS or RCC knew what was going on but I took that chance to grab my pictures and catch up with some old friends and faces that I haven't seen sice pre-COVID. Train went back into service to everyone's surprise. Spoke to some T/O's and Conductors and went to the back of the train to hang out with a small group of friends of mine until 42nd Street. 

Overall had a fun day. Although the PA System was very choppy. Like, it took a while before it actually worked.

4 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

For F$%^& sake can people in this community not behave for FIVE MINUTES?

This is why we can't have nice things. This should have been a fun afternoon for everyone who went... instead we get the R32s all over again.

At least this wasn't AS BAD as the first week of the R-32 Farewell Trip but still pretty annoying to deal with. Its always the foamers who can't conduct themselves who ruin it for everybody else getting from Point A to Point B or simply enjoying the train. I still had fun regardless but still.

Just now, ABOGbrooklyn said:

When do you think will be the next time the train will be out again?

22 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I decided against going today with all the drama/fights going on.

Will the car be out tommorow?

Assuming that today was successful, then tomorrow maybe. Until problems are found that force the train to go OOS, 29 more days to go. 

59 minutes ago, Fan Railer said:

Also, RE the incident at 181st, apparently the kid that got jumped was talking smack about the subway surfer who died back in December. The surfer's GF caught wind and tried to drag him off the train, then a bunch of other people piled onto it at started swinging at the kid.

The kid should have respected the dead. No matter who it was, that surfing thingy should have NOT been mentioned, none of this would’ve have happened. Remember: you fight on the train, you’re social media “famous” and nobody will respect you from this day forward. Just stay on the local lane and let it be. Because as I always say: it takes one a**hole to screw it for everybody else, and then those who didn’t get to see it, get really pissed at that person. 

1 minute ago, LGA Link N Train said:

Overall had a fun day. Although the PA System was very choppy. Like, it took a while before it actually worked.

Couldn't really hear the conductor on the intercom myself, but heard the other Dianne Thompson loud and clear.

By the way, the doors are quicker on the 211 than on the 160 Kawasaki where it is a bit slower. I even got two stickers from one of the conductors that did the special interval on the 3:51 (A) out of Mott.

1 hour ago, Fan Railer said:

20 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

The kid should have respected the dead. No matter who it was, that surfing thingy should have NOT been mentioned, none of this would’ve have happened. Remember: you fight on the train, you’re social media “famous” and nobody will respect you from this day forward. Just stay on the local lane and let it be. Because as I always say: it takes one a**hole to screw it for everybody else, and then those who didn’t get to see it, get really pissed at that person. 

Although, the ride had a bump on its case. He should've kept his mouth shut and not say anything about the person that passed from the incident. Anything that involves someone passing away is best to not be said and worse, if someone had a funny reaction to that, then that's extremely bad in behavior. 

Being on the internet saying whatever you want is not the same to commenting to person face to face. 

* If I'm being harsh, I apologize, I don't mean to sound rude. Just pointing that it could've been avoided if no drama was brought up. 

----

Anyways, on the R211, the map is coinvent on the inside where the doors open and close. Gives a look to where you're going instead of moving back and forth in the middle section of the train. 

Edited by Calvin

13 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

I agree that that should have happened. I got off at 145 Street before that happened. There were about three back to back 46 (A) trains that came through as well as an (E) train before the 211 came and there were even talks of rerouting it via Rutgers or running it on the local. One stray (A) train ran local instead after Canal Street-Holland Tunnel to 59 Street-Columbus Circle. I saw that one at West 4 Street-Washington Square.

Edited by 4 via Mosholu
Was at W4 before I saw the 211.