R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A chance encounter. Saw the R211 at 125th this afternoon, but it was going uptowm, I was going down. Nice to finally see it with my own eyes, though not very well b/c all those wires at 125th.... 

Another time, assuming I'm still alive I'll check you out later

12 hours ago, VIP said:

Y’all know too much. Especially for not being employed by the TA. How long til one of you hijack a train. How long until someone gets hurt seriously behind vandalism and trespassing…. We already have more than 45 career surfers…

Well, idk why you tryin to argue with Kamen Rider and putting false info on him/her. Just because I agreed with a statement doesn't mean you get to go all out on me. 'Especially not being employed by the TA.' Then what are you? Employed? Last time I checked, that quote backfired to you. Don't make me argue for the next 2 pages or so. and DAMN...45...This is why I don't LIVE in NYC.

17 hours ago, VIP said:

Y’all know too much. Especially for not being employed by the TA. How long til one of you hijack a train. How long until someone gets hurt seriously behind vandalism and trespassing…. We already have more than 45 career surfers…

Nah fam, Most info is public but most people in RTO act like it's not public info when MTA puts it in a PDF. You Guys catch a titty attack when we share our opinions and when y'all are proven wrong, y'all go completely apeshit over non sense.

The reason why the retards do all of the f**kery you posted above because of shitty politicians (DeBlassio, Coumo and etc.) who became to lax on the law. This is why vandalism went up. lets not forget that a good chunk of the vandalism was also done by former employees.  

You can't get mad at railfans for knowing shit when people in your own backyard has been doing dumb shit as well.

You also Have Employees selling confidential info on discord (the people are still employed btw)

Maybe if Our city and state government stop being such clowns and actually punish the idiots doing this, all of the above wouldn't be an issue. Also (MTA) needs to stop play favorites when certain employees do f**k shit. Because if i was employed with them and done all of the above, they would have fired my black ass no questions asked.  

37 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Nah fam, Most info is public but most people in RTO act like it's not public info when MTA puts it in a PDF. You Guys catch a titty attack when we share our opinions and when y'all are proven wrong, y'all go completely apeshit over non sense.

The reason why the retards do all of the f**kery you posted above because of shitty politicians (DeBlassio, Coumo and etc.) who became to lax on the law. This is why vandalism went up. lets not forget that a good chunk of the vandalism was also done by former employees.  

You can't get mad at railfans for knowing shit when people in your own backyard has been doing dumb shit as well.

You also Have Employees selling confidential info on discord (the people are still employed btw)

Maybe if Our city and state government stop being such clowns and actually punish the idiots doing this, all of the above wouldn't be an issue. Also (MTA) needs to stop play favorites when certain employees do f**k shit. Because if i was employed with them and done all of the above, they would have fired my black ass no questions asked.  

Anyone know or have the R211 schedule??

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

Thank you...THANK YOU!!!

1 hour ago, Fan Railer said:

The preferred schedule as according to the G.O. was posted back in March when the train entered revenue test service. Go back a couple dozen pages and you'll find it.

Its the first Put-in train from Euclid Av to Far Rockaway, then makes a trip to 207 St, and becomes the roughly 9:20AM train to Lefferts Blvd  ( and begins ping-ponging between 207 St and Lefferts until it reaches Inwood around ~6:30, then makes a trip to Far Rockaway and drops out.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:51 AM, R32 3838 said:

(1) You can’t always put the blame on politics & BS, because it was the extremists and the Supremacists that bought this thing back to the old, old days.  

(2) some people just need to let the DCE & Kawasaki do their jobs because this isn’t a rush job. 

(3) Vandalism has been going on since the 1970s on both sides of transportation. So you gotta understand where this is all coming from. You saw how the (NYCT) came back and made the subways and buses operable again. 
but doing stunts like surfing on top of the subway is (I said this before) is ⚠️ and ☠️. And I don’t wanna hear that “Oh the kid was “a good” son or daughter coming out of their parents’ mouths because it’s their fault that they thought that their kids were in the after school program or playing sports. Meanwhile they’re lying to their parents that something happened of this, this, this and that. Same old Story I hear everyday of the week until the kid gets killed. Surfing videos are shared on ALL social media platforms: Fb, tweetwat, ig, tictoc and even truth social. Things are spreader and next thing YOU know another person is done. Why? Trying to do what the other monkey did. 

(4) As of the R211s, it’s almost that time. Knowing that school is out soon and summer is around the corner, they should be in time according to the DCE & DOS. 

9 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

Do some of us need to do all the heavy lifting around here?

Preferably none of us. Search is a computer’s job now, and by extension, a programmer’s job to implement. The search functionality on this site is janky though, and the relevance of the results is hit or miss.

1 hour ago, RedLine said:

The schedule usually doesn't matter because of planned reroutes, especially for the weekends.

This is true and you also have to factor in the qualified crews to operate the the train. It can be the 2nd out of 207th but if a crew isn’t qualified it can be the 3rd or 4th train out

55 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So apparently the R211S cars have no recorded announcements for the Staten Island Railway, and instead use placeholder (V) announcements.

Your telling me all this time the R211 has been in planning they never bothered to record new announcements!?

And what would they be installed on?

That crazy they don't have automated announcements for SIR yet automated announcements to Poughkeepsie exist... and the MN shorelines aren't capable of having automated announcements.

I would imagine Viola Mitchell will record the SIR announcements, would be an nice change of pace from the ppl who do the stop by stop announcements in NYCT