R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

On 4/29/2019 at 1:05 AM, Q23 via 108 said:

That's besides the point. Do you want to spend 2 hours stuck in a tunnel in a R211? Stuck in a dark old subway tunnel in a R211 is not what people want, they want good reliable service.

Thanks you for following back despite we disagree on certain thing

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30+ years old trains are common around the world, and can be compatible with the modern world...

....if they received midlife refurbishment

For examples, C151 in Singapore have similar age to R68; Some M Stock in Hong Kong have ages of R46.

But their interiors have better shapes than some of our NTTs lol

It is too late to do retrofits on R68s and R62 now. MTA missed the opportunity to do that 10 years ago.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:29 PM, Around the Horn said:

This is blatantly false

I’m gonna be blatantly honest here. All that subwayfan1998 kid does is spend most of his time on the forums bitching about anything old and he has been doing this ever since he first showed up on the forums. That’s what I’ve noticed from 66% of his posts. He needs to grow up. Even the (MTA), for example, admitted in their full report of the (A) and (C) lines back in December 2015 that older cars are the least cause of delays on both lines and had more to do with aging signals and tracks that date back to the time that the three corridors (which both lines currently operate on along their routes) were first open. The kid has a whole lot to learn during his stay here.

11 hours ago, Jemorie said:

I’m gonna be blatantly honest here. All that subwayfan1998 kid does is spend most of his time on the forums bitching about anything old and he has been doing this ever since he first showed up on the forums. That’s what I’ve noticed from 66% of his posts. He needs to grow up. Even the (MTA), for example, admitted in their full report of the (A) and (C) lines back in December 2015 that older cars are the least cause of delays on both lines and had more to do with aging signals and tracks that date back to the time that the three corridors (which both lines currently operate on along their routes) were first open. The kid has a whole lot to learn during his stay here.

21 hours ago, HenryB said:

30+ years old trains are common around the world, and can be compatible with the modern world...

....if they received midlife refurbishment

For examples, C151 in Singapore have similar age to R68; Some M Stock in Hong Kong have ages of R46.

But their interiors have better shapes than some of our NTTs lol

It is too late to do retrofits on R68s and R62 now. MTA missed the opportunity to do that 10 years ago.

At Least those trains look New, Clean and NTTs unlike the R68s and R62s suppose to be NTTs.

11 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Well No One Likes me in the Forum, All the Signals and the Tracks need to be replaced with Brand new ones. Stop calling me a Kid, I'm not a Kid.

52 minutes ago, subwayfan1998 said:

Well No One Likes me in the Forum, All the Signals and the Tracks need to be replaced with Brand new ones. Stop calling me a Kid, I'm not a Kid.

You’re acting like one dude, chill out. You have rights to your opinion but your commenting on a PUBLIC forum. Some of the content you share may be offensive or downright banter. Here we hold a bit of a higher standard with relevant and coherent thoughts and sources, or suggestions. So please chill, read some threads, research MTA history and politics, understand that this here is also a community. Thanks. 

Edited by VIP
Grammar

10 hours ago, VIP said:

You’re acting like one dude, chill out. You have rights to your opinion but your commenting on a PUBLIC forum. Some of the content you share may be offensive or downright banter. Here we hold a bit of a higher standard with relevant and coherent thoughts and sources, or suggestions. So please chill, read some threads, research MTA history and politics, understand that this here is also a community. Thanks. 

I could not agree more. The forums should be "A Place to Stand, A Place to Grow" (If anyone get's the reference it'll make my day). Before I started posting on this forums a couple of moths ago I started by reading through many of the topics I found interesting to see what the environment is like and how I cant adapt my language to fit the mould. That way, when I started posting, I would know how to not clutter a topic and not to ask questions that were previously addressed earlier in the thread. I have many personal and political opinions but they have no place on the forums. For the record I agree that the R62/As are ugly, but that does not contribute anything to the conversation. If you do give criticism, which is perfectly acceptable, please make it constructive. For example, instead of saying "CBTC doesn't make any sense," you could say "I personally do not think CBTC will be effective because it does not address the core operational issues of (insert thing here). I may be new to the forums, but that does not give me an excuse to disregard the SOPs that have been set down over the years.

Just my thoughts, disregard them at will.  

15 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

Well No One Likes me in the Forum.....

.....Stop calling me a Kid, I'm not a Kid.

If that 1998 is indicative of your year of birth, you seriously need to grow some thicker skin & toughen up.

No one likes meeeeeeeeeee...... Honestly now, this is not a popularity contest & from the few posts of yours I've stumbled across on this forum, you don't exactly make it easy on yourself....

4 hours ago, ibroketheprinter said:

I could not agree more. The forums should be "A Place to Stand, A Place to Grow" (If anyone get's the reference it'll make my day).

So this forum should be something what sounds like something that was said on Reading Rainbow or Mister Rogers Neighborhood ? :lol:

16 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

At Least those trains look New, Clean and NTTs unlike the R68s and R62s suppose to be NTTs.

Simple. You could just wrap the interiors like what they did for R62 in times sq (S). But does it mean "compatible with the modern world" to you? 😒

31 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Simple. You could just wrap the interiors like what they did for R62 in times sq (S). But does it mean "compatible with the modern world" to you? 😒

What he wants is for every subway car to be a NTT, but it wouldn't make sense to retire fully functioning fleets (R62/A and R68/A) just to satisfy the luxury of having a 100% NTT fleet. He sees other countries and sees that they have a lot of tech that we don't have. But what works in Japan doesn't mean it will work in New York. 

6 hours ago, ibroketheprinter said:

That way, when I started posting, I would know how to not clutter a topic and not to ask questions that were previously addressed earlier in the thread.

Yes, instead of copying and pasting an old post (by me) into 5 different threads on the first day...

20 hours ago, VIP said:

Ok, I respect all of you guys opinion. I Like you all.

4 hours ago, Q23 via 108 said:

What he wants is for every subway car to be a NTT, but it wouldn't make sense to retire fully functioning fleets (R62/A and R68/A) just to satisfy the luxury of having a 100% NTT fleet. He sees other countries and sees that they have a lot of tech that we don't have. But what works in Japan doesn't mean it will work in New York. 

That is my Opinion

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

So this forum should be something what sounds like something that was said on Reading Rainbow or Mister Rogers Neighborhood ? :lol:

It was the theme song in a documentary about Ontario for the '67 Expo in Montreal, but close enough 😉. Both those shows were before my time but i'm sure it all fits!

44 minutes ago, subwayfan1998 said:

That is my Opinion

We kinda just talked about this...

11 hours ago, ibroketheprinter said:

I have many personal and political opinions but they have no place on the forums. For the record I agree that the R62/As are ugly, but that does not contribute anything to the conversation. If you do give criticism, which is perfectly acceptable, please make it constructive. For example, instead of saying "CBTC doesn't make any sense," you could say "I personally do not think CBTC will be effective because it does not address the core operational issues of (insert thing here).

I get that we all need to practice forum etiquette, but can we get back on topic? 

I hope the 211 will allow the feature to make manual announcements. They’re usually better to hear in my opinion. Also, I assume that, by the time they reach completion, assignments would look like this:

(A)(C) - Shared Fleet

(E)(F)(R) - Shared Fleet

(Q) (with occasional pop ups on the (N) and (W) ) 

5 hours ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

I get that we all need to practice forum etiquette, but can we get back on topic? 

I hope the 211 will allow the feature to make manual announcements. They’re usually better to hear in my opinion. Also, I assume that, by the time they reach completion, assignments would look like this:

(A)(C) - Shared Fleet

(E)(F)(R) - Shared Fleet

(Q) (with occasional pop ups on the (N) and (W) ) 

Of course the train crew will be able to make manual announcements on the 211s... The train crew would need to make manual announcements in an emergency and to explain G.O's to the passengers.