Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

Department of Subways - Proposals/Ideas

14 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

This isn't totally impossible, they planned to do this in the '70s and '80s (before the Archer Av Subway and 63 St tunnel blew up the capital budget)

What I mean is that this is going to be an expensive ass project. I wouldn't be surprised if the station renovation would cost more than phase 1 of 2 Av honestly.

37 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

What I mean is that this is going to be an expensive ass project. I wouldn't be surprised if the station renovation would cost more than phase 1 of 2 Av honestly.

I can't imagine this would be any more difficult than New South Ferry, which involved building a new rail station underneath an actively used existing one, building a transfer to Whitehall St, an archeological dig, and was located in a pretty expensive part of town. That ended up being a bit over a half billion dollars.

28 minutes ago, bobtehpanda said:

I can't imagine this would be any more difficult than New South Ferry, which involved building a new rail station underneath an actively used existing one, building a transfer to Whitehall St, an archeological dig, and was located in a pretty expensive part of town. That ended up being a bit over a half billion dollars.

Well, you also have the Bay Ridge Branch to deal with.

20 hours ago, Lex said:

Problem is, Utica already has more trains than it really needs (not so much for the (4) in this regard, but altogether, yes).

For clarity, I never indicated that one would preclude the other, just that improvements at one would do little with the other remaining poorly designed for its purposes.

Fix Rogers. 

Build Utica

Boom, Problem Solved. 

12 hours ago, Lex said:

Well, you also have the Bay Ridge Branch to deal with.

A lightly used single-track freight line at ground-level is no Lexington or South Ferry Loop.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:33 PM, bobtehpanda said:

A lightly used single-track freight line at ground-level is no Lexington or South Ferry Loop.

We can double track it. It’ll be harder, yes but more capacity is better if more freight and later commuter rail is needed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Harlem Crosstown said:

We can double track it. It’ll be harder, yes but more capacity is better if more freight and later commuter rail is needed.

Not really relevant to the question at hand though, which is "does existing infrastructure make Flatbush Av impossible to reconfigure?" (no)

• Upvote 1