ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of u guys starting on Monday good luck. Whoever ends up with TSS Rivera, you guys are lucky. He just filled in for one of our TSSs for 2 weeks and we are sad to see him go. Super knowledgeable guy and great instructor. I think I heard him say he's getting a B division class, so whoever ends up in the B watch out for him, he's cool. 

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

All of u guys starting on Monday good luck. Whoever ends up with TSS Rivera, you guys are lucky. He just filled in for one of our TSSs for 2 weeks and we are sad to see him go. Super knowledgeable guy and great instructor. I think I heard him say he's getting a B division class, so whoever ends up in the B watch out for him, he's cool. 

Brah...? Why you gotta mess it up for us A div ppl! Now this whole time I'ma think I'm getting the second best. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:53 AM, Strommen95 said:

I see P/E has made it to 1800 as of 3 months ago according to the top of this page. I'm curious if anybody past that number has been called for P/E yet? I'm 23xx and curious how far away I am from the initial call. 

According to the dcas site, they called for certification up to *1947 and it’s been that way for around 5 to 6 months. I’ve checked pretty much every Sunday, since according to the recording that’s when they update the list. Though another person said they update/hire every quarter so not really sure what to make of it. In any case I myself am 20**, I was hoping to be called atleast for initial screening before the year was out but it’s looking kinda bleak. Also remember they call you on average 3 times for PE before potentially being sworn in. So we have a ways to go 😕 . Stay strong brotha! 

Good morning everyone, totally off subject of train operator but while the majority of us are waiting to go in for second PE, has anyone taken exam 5606 bridge and tunnel officer back in 2014? They finally established the list numbers for those that took it. I would love either position to be honest, but I think TO would be the quickest for me cause I already done my first p/e. 

1 hour ago, Mrhands0me said:

Good morning everyone, totally off subject of train operator but while the majority of us are waiting to go in for second PE, has anyone taken exam 5606 bridge and tunnel officer back in 2014? They finally established the list numbers for those that took it. I would love either position to be honest, but I think TO would be the quickest for me cause I already done my first p/e. 

I took it but I feel like they robbed us with that, now they have ez pass tolls which diminishes the whole purpose of having that position. Whoever took that exam should either be refunded or given an option of having a better spot in which ever position they want to apply for.

18 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

I took it but I feel like they robbed us with that, now they have ez pass tolls which diminishes the whole purpose of having that position. Whoever took that exam should either be refunded or given an option of having a better spot in which ever position they want to apply for.

I was reading the job description of bridge and tunnel officer, most don’t know it’s not only a collect toll position, you actually do a lot more, your armed with a firearm, you patrol areas, you make arrests, yes they don’t have any need for us to collect tolls anymore but a lot of people are retiring, and from what I was reading from another forum there’s plenty of things to do. I totally forgot about to exam to be honest when I got the letter in the mail I was shocked.

3 hours ago, Mrhands0me said:

I was reading the job description of bridge and tunnel officer, most don’t know it’s not only a collect toll position, you actually do a lot more, your armed with a firearm, you patrol areas, you make arrests, yes they don’t have any need for us to collect tolls anymore but a lot of people are retiring, and from what I was reading from another forum there’s plenty of things to do. I totally forgot about to exam to be honest when I got the letter in the mail I was shocked.

O wow I wasn't even aware of that so you are basically transit police?

10 hours ago, Mrhands0me said:

Good morning everyone, totally off subject of train operator....

8 hours ago, Kj224 said:

I took it but I feel like they robbed us with that...

7 hours ago, Mrhands0me said:

I was reading the job description of bridge and tunnel officer....

As per the guidelines of the website, please stay on-topic. Thank you...

Today overall was pretty interesting. The people who did our orientation were damn funny. Especially the one who did the security awareness seminar! Seems to be s great bunch of prospective t/os and c/r’s for this class and spoke with a few-who I already like.

though it’s not all roses. I’m still somewhat suspicious of the union and transit given some stories I’ve heard from other transit workers about their presence and actions. What doesn’t help that some employee bathrooms are kinda ehh-the one at court st had a dead cockroach in it today. 

Dont get me wrong- I’m VERY grateful for this opp and I’m gonna do what it takes to finish schoolcar. This is w life changing position no doubt. But I’m not going in with rose colored glasses either.

19 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Today overall was pretty interesting. The people who did our orientation were damn funny. Especially the one who did the security awareness seminar! Seems to be s great bunch of prospective t/os and c/r’s for this class and spoke with a few-who I already like.

though it’s not all roses. I’m still somewhat suspicious of the union and transit given some stories I’ve heard from other transit workers about their presence and actions. What doesn’t help that some employee bathrooms are kinda ehh-the one at court st had a dead cockroach in it today. 

Dont get me wrong- I’m VERY grateful for this opp and I’m gonna do what it takes to finish schoolcar. This is w life changing position no doubt. But I’m not going in with rose colored glasses either.

Bro just do your job right and follow the rules and u will never have any union or management drama. Also, a dead roach is nothing. U will be walking on yards filled with rats lol. I was walking on Mosholu yard last week and it sounded like the rats were having a party and didn't even care about our presence. You are not coming to work in an office after all... 

40 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

Bro just do your job right and follow the rules and u will never have any union or management drama. Also, a dead roach is nothing. U will be walking on yards filled with rats lol. I was walking on Mosholu yard last week and it sounded like the rats were having a party and didn't even care about our presence. You are not coming to work in an office after all... 

Oh no I have no problem with that aspect of getting dirty. I grew up here and the subway has been dirty for as long as I can recall.

But I think one would have a reasonable expectation of cleanliness in the employee bathrooms as opposed to a train yard out in the elements, is all. I’m not asking for a chauffeur with a dish and Fancy European soaps and thermal hand dryers. Just something a tad more decent.

11 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Oh no I have no problem with that aspect of getting dirty. I grew up here and the subway has been dirty for as long as I can recall.

But I think one would have a reasonable expectation of cleanliness in the employee bathrooms as opposed to a train yard out in the elements, is all. I’m not asking for a chauffeur with a dish and Fancy European soaps and thermal hand dryers. Just something a tad more decent.

lol this like the fourth time someone mentioned this bathroom thing. Let’s think about this, is it the union reps or management using our bathrooms and leaving them in these conditions? No! It’s our coworkers, seriously that’s the last thing I’m worried about because no matter what we gotta hold each other accountable and we’re the ones that keep them in that condition, no matter how many times they’re cleaned. Trust, you ain’t gonna be worried about no dirty urinals when you at the simulator or 248 taking those exams, it’s not that deep! 

14 minutes ago, Imhim said:

lol this like the fourth time someone mentioned this bathroom thing. Let’s think about this, is it the union reps or management using our bathrooms and leaving them in these conditions? No! It’s our coworkers, seriously that’s the last thing I’m worried about because no matter what we gotta hold each other accountable and we’re the ones that keep them in that condition, no matter how many times they’re cleaned. Trust, you ain’t gonna be worried about no dirty urinals when you at the simulator or 248 taking those exams, it’s not that deep! 

Well, either way I’m def not letting that stop me from this new career I’ve wanted since Ever. To the Aug 19 class let’s get it!

Day 2 of class. We were told exactly how we should be dressed. Just like it was stated here previously (navy blue pants, grey button down, work shoes with no polo shirts or cargo pants... etc). We were split into A/B division and it seems less than 15 T/O's were forced into A. Classes were broken down and instructors were given out (excited about mine personally after what I've heard here). Tools/keys/gear/vest/gloves/books were also given out. Every T/O seems to be hungry and grateful and so do a lot of the conductors we were with. Blessed to have this opportunity and want to thank everyone on the forums for the knowledge they've left so far from clothing attire to class necessities (kaka bag, shoes, etc) that made this process easier to jump into. Looking forward for whats to come.

4 minutes ago, TransitStyle said:

Day 2 of class. We were told exactly how we should be dressed. Just like it was stated here previously (navy blue pants, grey button down, work shoes with no polo shirts or cargo pants... etc). We were split into A/B division and it seems less than 15 T/O's were forced into A. Classes were broken down and instructors were given out (excited about mine personally after what I've heard here). Tools/keys/gear/vest/gloves/books were also given out. Every T/O seems to be hungry and grateful and so do a lot of the conductors we were with. Blessed to have this opportunity and want to thank everyone on the forums for the knowledge they've left so far from clothing attire to class necessities (kaka bag, shoes, etc) that made this process easier to jump into. Looking forward for whats to come.

Likewise I got the b div like I wanted with quite a few spots before it closed up. They teased that the a is a lot easier (and to an extent that’s right).

Buut the Sups conveniently left out that the A also has more signals to learn and (if what’s said here is true) a much stricter work environment.

anyways let’s all win it! Btw a tss told me today he’s teaching a September class. Just thought you guys would like to know.

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

Likewise I got the b div like I wanted with quite a few spots before it closed up. They teased that the a is a lot easier (and to an extent that’s right).

Buut the Sups conveniently left out that the A also has more signals to learn and (if what’s said here is true) a much stricter work environment.

anyways let’s all win it! Btw a tss told me today he’s teaching a September class. Just thought you guys would like to know.

Nice

14 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

Hope so...16xx.....waiting