ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, TAI STUNNER said:

I got the call and text to come in but did not receive an email. The text says follow instructions on the email. Can someone tell me the instructions on the email so I won’t have a delay in processing 

Copied directly from the Email I got.  Hope this helps.

EMPLOYMENT CENTER INSTRUCTIONS

180 Livingston Street Brooklyn,

NY 11201 EMPLOYMENT CENTER INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE ARRIVE PROMPTLY AT YOUR DESIGNATED TIME

To reduce the spread of COVID-19, all candidates are required to wear face mask or covering and may be required to have their temperature checked prior to entering NYCT premises. If you fail to comply you will be denied access to our premises and not be allowed to participate in the hiring process. Thank you for understanding that EVERYONE’s safety is of paramount importance and taking the necessary precautions.

You must complete an Online Health Questionnaire the day before your appointment. Click on this link to view and answer the questions: https://forms.gle/XJR6u6G5kHEdePM87

BUSINESS CASUAL ATTIRE IS REQUIRED AND YOU SHOULD BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS (A-I) IF APPLICABLE:

A. ONE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT FROM EACH OF THE TWO GROUPS BELOW:

GROUP#1 U.S. *BIRTH CERIFICATE*    * VALID U.S PASSPORT *  *RESIDENT ALIEN CARD*

GROUP #2 * VALID DRIVERS’ LICENSE *    *PUBLIC ASSISTANCE ID*     *VALID NON-DRIVERS ID*      *EMPLOYMENT ID*

B. ORIGINAL SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

C. THE EMAIL AND/OR TEXT TO CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT

D. BALL POINT PEN (BLUE OR BLACK INK).

E. DRIVERS’ LICENSE-VALID NEW YORK STATE  If you have or had an out of state Drivers’ License within the last three years you must bring an abstract/ driver’s record with you. This document cannot be more than 30 days old.  (See Job Description for further information of position with drivers’ license requirements.)

F. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR G.E.D (IF REQUIRED).

G. IF YOU CLAIMED VETERAN’S CREDITS, BRING IN DD214 (DISCHARGE PAPER).

H. IF YOU CLAIMED DISABILITY CREDITS, BRING IN THE DISABILITY LETTER FROM THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION.

I. IF YOU CLAIMED LEGACY CREDITS, BRING IN 9/11 LEGACY CREDIT LETTER FROM EITHER THE FDNY OR NYPD.

Depending upon the title for which you are being considered, a medical assessment may be required. This medical may require the following:  Vision Testing. If corrective lenses are necessary, bring to the exam. (If you applied for Conductor or Train Operator and wear contact lenses, glasses are also required.)  Hearing test. If hearing aids are used, bring to exam.  Documentation of all medications currently being used. (If currently on medication, take as prescribed on day of examination.) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CALL MTA NYCT EMPLOYMENT OPERATIONS AT (347) 643-7413. MONDAY-FRIDAY (9:00AM-5:00PM) (Rev 6/2020)

Edited by Shifty225

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope everyone enjoyed their Independence day yesterday. I hope everyone that took the drug test gets called this week for offer/medical and the people that got called last week for drug tests get to 180 and it goes as smooth as possible. Happy Monday Peeps! 

22 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

I hope everyone enjoyed their Independence day yesterday. I hope everyone that took the drug test gets called this week for offer/medical and the people that got called last week for drug tests get to 180 and it goes as smooth as possible. Happy Monday Peeps! 

You too

1 hour ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Same to you…drug tested last Wednesday. Hope the call comes soon!

4 hours ago, Maschine Bob said:

16xx

Great, thanks….As far as the medical goes, the BIGGEST disqual is for overweight/sleep apnea.  Your neck HAS to be smaller than 17 inches.  I’d not you have to go for sleep apnea testing on your own and you most deff will be placed on a medical hold.  Besides that the second biggest disqual is obviously drugs.  After that it’s everything normal…no high blood pressure, normal ekg, all things of that nature.  

Note just because you don’t pass it doesn’t mean your out right away. You’ll be placed on a medical hold pending results of any testing they may require on your behalf.  

Edited by STtoMTA
Spelling

1 hour ago, Maschine Bob said:

Do you have to reveal any surgeries to them? 

Some do some don't but be forewarned that if say for example u had back surgery and u hurt your back at work, it's entirely possible for the surgery u neglected to tell them about to come up in workers comp discussions. If u declined to notify and they find out it could go worse for u than if u just came clean.

Maybe somebody has a different perspective but that's my 2 cents.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:09 PM, Shifty225 said:

Copied directly from the Email I got.  Hope this helps.

EMPLOYMENT CENTER INSTRUCTIONS

180 Livingston Street Brooklyn,

NY 11201 EMPLOYMENT CENTER INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE ARRIVE PROMPTLY AT YOUR DESIGNATED TIME

To reduce the spread of COVID-19, all candidates are required to wear face mask or covering and may be required to have their temperature checked prior to entering NYCT premises. If you fail to comply you will be denied access to our premises and not be allowed to participate in the hiring process. Thank you for understanding that EVERYONE’s safety is of paramount importance and taking the necessary precautions.

You must complete an Online Health Questionnaire the day before your appointment. Click on this link to view and answer the questions: https://forms.gle/XJR6u6G5kHEdePM87

BUSINESS CASUAL ATTIRE IS REQUIRED AND YOU SHOULD BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS (A-I) IF APPLICABLE:

A. ONE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT FROM EACH OF THE TWO GROUPS BELOW:

GROUP#1 U.S. *BIRTH CERIFICATE*    * VALID U.S PASSPORT *  *RESIDENT ALIEN CARD*

GROUP #2 * VALID DRIVERS’ LICENSE *    *PUBLIC ASSISTANCE ID*     *VALID NON-DRIVERS ID*      *EMPLOYMENT ID*

B. ORIGINAL SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

C. THE EMAIL AND/OR TEXT TO CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT

D. BALL POINT PEN (BLUE OR BLACK INK).

E. DRIVERS’ LICENSE-VALID NEW YORK STATE  If you have or had an out of state Drivers’ License within the last three years you must bring an abstract/ driver’s record with you. This document cannot be more than 30 days old.  (See Job Description for further information of position with drivers’ license requirements.)

F. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR G.E.D (IF REQUIRED).

G. IF YOU CLAIMED VETERAN’S CREDITS, BRING IN DD214 (DISCHARGE PAPER).

H. IF YOU CLAIMED DISABILITY CREDITS, BRING IN THE DISABILITY LETTER FROM THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION.

I. IF YOU CLAIMED LEGACY CREDITS, BRING IN 9/11 LEGACY CREDIT LETTER FROM EITHER THE FDNY OR NYPD.

Depending upon the title for which you are being considered, a medical assessment may be required. This medical may require the following:  Vision Testing. If corrective lenses are necessary, bring to the exam. (If you applied for Conductor or Train Operator and wear contact lenses, glasses are also required.)  Hearing test. If hearing aids are used, bring to exam.  Documentation of all medications currently being used. (If currently on medication, take as prescribed on day of examination.) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CALL MTA NYCT EMPLOYMENT OPERATIONS AT (347) 643-7413. MONDAY-FRIDAY (9:00AM-5:00PM) (Rev 6/2020)

This was extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

12 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

"Your neck HAS to be smaller than 17 inches."

Wait a second... It "HAS" to be smaller than 17 inches lmao... what if a person just has a big neck? lol Plus I don't have sleep apnea, I am a bit over weight but I'm as healthy as an ox, I just got blood work done 3 weeks ago and I have nothing wrong, I'm legit not exaggerating I'm healthy lol I'm afraid I'll disqualified just because my neck is big, plus I've seen the biggest people working for the MTA lmao. yes i've seen TOs big too.

Edited by JoeBro0993

2 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Wait a second... It "HAS" to be smaller than 17 inches lmao... what if a person just has a big neck? lol Plus I don't have sleep apnea, I am a bit over weight but I'm as healthy as an ox, I just got blood work done 3 weeks ago and I have nothing wrong, I'm legit not exaggerating I'm healthy lol I'm afraid I'll disqualified just because my neck is big, plus I've seen the biggest people working for the MTA lmao. yes i've seen TOs big too.

Yeah its funny I asked the doctor what if someone who comes in who's a body builder would a big neck would they be also on medical hold she said yes I'm like tf?

12 minutes ago, JoeBro0993 said:

You aren't gonna get disqualified for that, just placed on medical hold until u can prove u don't have sleep apnea. If u expect to be called soon u can be proactive and do a sleep study with your doctor. Come in with those test results and u won't be placed on hold as long as it's a legit test from a legit sleep study clinic.

5 minutes ago, beanz said:

You aren't gonna get disqualified for that, just placed on medical hold until u can prove u don't have sleep apnea. If u expect to be called soon u can be proactive and do a sleep study with your doctor. Come in with those test results and u won't be placed on hold as long as it's a legit test from a legit sleep study clinic.

Copy, I'll look to getting that done this week.

3 hours ago, beanz said:

Exactly , this is why I said you get placed ON HOLD in the post.  But if you have to conduct one of these studies you will probably not make the next class

1 hour ago, rondread445 said:

My neck size is definitely over 17, if I were to get the test done now would they accept the results or does it have to be after the physical assessment?

Also where is a good lab and how long would it take for results? 

3 hours ago, JoeBro0993 said:

If you're going to do this, you'll want the results to come in as soon as possible, so you can go back as soon as possible to get cleared and sworn in.

I'm not going to recommend the doctor I went to, but back when I was getting hired I was worried I would be sidelined by having sleep apnea as well. I did a sleep study and I had decided to write in the form the MTA give you that I had done one. However, the MAC doctor told me my neck was fine and he would've greenlit me if it wasn't for that test and that we had to now wait for the results to come in. Thankfully, I got the results a week later and ran back to 180 Livingston as soon as I could and got in the last class for the year (Aug 2019).

Also, I am pretty sure there was someone here earlier in this thread who said he was found to have sleep apnea and had to use a CPAP machine for a month or so before they decided he was fine and sworn him in.

By the way just in case, for some reason I thought the later I was sworn in the later I would be on the seniority list. They keep you in place base on your list number. So even if someone behind you gets sworn in first, you're still senior to them in the same class. If you get in the class after, you should be among the top.

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

If you're going to do this, you'll want the results to come in as soon as possible, so you can go back as soon as possible to get cleared and sworn in.

I'm not going to recommend the doctor I went to, but back when I was getting hired I was worried I would be sidelined by having sleep apnea as well. I did a sleep study and I had decided to write in the form the MTA give you that I had done one. However, the MAC doctor told me my neck was fine and he would've greenlit me if it wasn't for that test and that we had to now wait for the results to come in. Thankfully, I got the results a week later and ran back to 180 Livingston as soon as I could and got in the last class for the year (Aug 2019).

Also, I am pretty sure there was someone here earlier in this thread who said he was found to have sleep apnea and had to use a CPAP machine for a month or so before they decided he was fine and sworn him in.

By the way just in case, for some reason I thought the later I was sworn in the later I would be on the seniority list. They keep you in place base on your list number. So even if someone behind you gets sworn in first, you're still senior to them in the same class. If you get in the class after, you should be among the top.

So… I have a schedule set up for Friday to consult a pulmonologist… should I risk it and not go or should I do it and see if I get greenlit and if I don’t get the results?