ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Poconodanno said:

Most everyone today picked B...so the last few people didn’t get to pick and went to A

B seems to be the popular pick. I wonder if it's because most guys come from Brooklyn or if it's just the better division. Being from the bronx Im hoping to get A but my boy who is in the B keeps telling me it's the better division for a bunch of different reasons 

3 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

B seems to be the popular pick. I wonder if it's because most guys come from Brooklyn or if it's just the better division. Being from the bronx Im hoping to get A but my boy who is in the B keeps telling me it's the better division for a bunch of different reasons 

But b gas more trains, yards and lineups to memorize: but then again it doesn’t have ats like the a. @Poconodannou got to choose?

Still waiting for second p/e 15xx mids and nothing yet. Last i heard they got into the 13xx’s and possible 14xx’s. If i get one im definitely posting an update. Thanks for the plentiful updates received so far. And congrats again to those in class hope all going well for you folks. 

Edited by Nexdup

3 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Automatic train supervision 

Yea thats something my boy has mentioned, A is more under the thumb since the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 all have huge ridership in manhattan. I think the commute to work outweighs that for me though. Would suck to have to leave my house 2 hours early to report to coney Island. I know in the beginning I would still be reporting to east New York or flushing but I would love to have a steady schedule out of woodlawn/van cortland/Pelham/etc once I put in my time and pay my dues. 

1 hour ago, Nexdup said:

Still waiting for second p/e 15xx mids and nothing yet. Last i heard they got into the 13xx’s and possible 14xx’s. If i get one im definitely posting an update. Thanks for the plentiful updates received so far. And congrats again to those in class hope all going well for you folks. 

Same here, list number 149x. I thought they only reached up to the late 1200's for second P/Es but hope your right. haven't received anything yet either waiting patiently. I will update too once I receive something. 

23 minutes ago, TOHopeFull2019 said:

Same here, list number 149x. I thought they only reached up to the late 1200's for second P/Es but hope your right. haven't received anything yet either waiting patiently. I will update too once I receive something. 

You may want to call ‭(347) 643-8218‬ because they called into the 13xx’s for a second p/e already

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

Yea thats something my boy has mentioned, A is more under the thumb since the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 all have huge ridership in manhattan. I think the commute to work outweighs that for me though. Would suck to have to leave my house 2 hours early to report to coney Island. I know in the beginning I would still be reporting to east New York or flushing but I would love to have a steady schedule out of woodlawn/van cortland/Pelham/etc once I put in my time and pay my dues. 

I live in jersey city so either way the commute for me will be odd. But I want the a cause it’s easier to learn 

2 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Nice, Im from the Bronx too, Ill be picking A also.

6 hours ago, acabral136 said:

Take the A division if your live in the Bronx! That commute to Brooklyn everyday is killer if you pick the B division. With A division you’ll most likely be close to home, sometimes you’ll be in Brooklyn but for most you’ll be in the Bronx. 

40 minutes ago, Elfamoso2020 said:

Take the A division if your live in the Bronx! That commute to Brooklyn everyday is killer if you pick the B division. With A division you’ll most likely be close to home, sometimes you’ll be in Brooklyn but for most you’ll be in the Bronx. 

Yea most definitely. The pros (commute) definitely outweigh any cons. I was riding the train home today and looking at the map and I was like "Yea no contest, I want the A".

16 hours ago, TOHopeFull2019 said:

16xx here...patiently waiting....busy summer with work and my wedding so it's all good.

If you're open competitive the A Division is a way better introduction to NYCTA.  Later on in your career you can pick over if you desire to. 

Don't let ATS scare you.  A or B division always assume the train and the signal both have a data recorder operate and behave accordingly.  

You will save yourself a ton of grief down the line if you set a high standard for yourself initially in your career.

Also if you're in the A, eventually you will learn that ATS does some funny things that are a nuisance.  Nothing to be scared of.