ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

2 minutes ago, Qnzkidd05 said:

Medical tomorrow.. List # 93* .. besides sleep apnea, blood pressure vision and hearing.. anything else they’ll be checking for? Also is it worth getting there early like in pre-employment to be out sooner? 

Ekg and weight and height

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Qnzkidd05 said:

Medical tomorrow.. List # 93* .. besides sleep apnea, blood pressure vision and hearing.. anything else they’ll be checking for? Also is it worth getting there early like in pre-employment to be out sooner? 

Definitely try and get there early. If there is a pe going you will end up lumped in with them and waiting on a long line. Try n get there early so u can be at the front of that line. 

9 hours ago, Late Clear said:

If you're open competitive the A Division is a way better introduction to NYCTA.  Later on in your career you can pick over if you desire to. 

Don't let ATS scare you.  A or B division always assume the train and the signal both have a data recorder operate and behave accordingly.  

You will save yourself a ton of grief down the line if you set a high standard for yourself initially in your career.

Also if you're in the A, eventually you will learn that ATS does some funny things that are a nuisance.  Nothing to be scared of. 

Oh most def, if I get to pick. I'm going to A first. Learning all the schoolcar material is challenging enough. At least there's less yards, trains, and lineups to memorize in the A. I want the easier transition, coming from the street, then graduate to B division much later on. 

32 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Oh most def, if I get to pick. I'm going to A first. Learning all the schoolcar material is challenging enough. At least there's less yards, trains, and lineups to memorize in the A. I want the easier transition, coming from the street, then graduate to B division much later on. 

I feel you on this, I was thinking the same thing when I first got called and my mind was set on A division the whole way coming in! Then I got to the day I had to pick and after speaking with numerous friends who are current employees, they said listen, go with where you live, I live in South Brooklyn, choosing A would have been a disaster for me traveling! Yeah the material is “easier” to learn, but honestly a train is a train, whether it’s A or B division the material in the beginning will seem overwhelming because it’s a lot and it’s new to you. Just don’t let it frustrate you, if this is what you wanted to do, then it will click eventually and you’ll start having fun and anticipating the questions and scenarios as I did. I don’t think I would’ve been happy with my decision of going A division knowing I would’ve definitely had to be in the Bronx everyday and living in Brooklyn, I hate it now when I gotta start uptown on the A lol, but at least it’s not everyday! Everyone is different but go with the division that’s best suited for where you live! 

5 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I feel you on this, I was thinking the same thing when I first got called and my mind was set on A division the whole way coming in! Then I got to the day I had to pick and after speaking with numerous friends who are current employees, they said listen, go with where you live, I live in South Brooklyn, choosing A would have been a disaster for me traveling! Yeah the material is “easier” to learn, but honestly a train is a train, whether it’s A or B division the material in the beginning will seem overwhelming because it’s a lot and it’s new to you. Just don’t let it frustrate you, if this is what you wanted to do, then it will click eventually and you’ll start having fun and anticipating the questions and scenarios as I did. I don’t think I would’ve been happy with my decision of going A division knowing I would’ve definitely had to be in the Bronx everyday and living in Brooklyn, I hate it now when I gotta start uptown on the A lol, but at least it’s not everyday! Everyone is different but go with the division that’s best suited for where you live! 

This is def what I wanna go-no doubt abut that. But I live in Jersey City, so idk what would be closer to me anyways.

Just went for second PE today 6/12/19 . Was wondering if there is a chance they’ll call me before September? My list number is 13xx. I have a one week scheduled vacation  Labor Day week. It’s been 3 yrs since I have taken vacation at my current job. Hoping they’ll wait till at least after I come back to call me for medical.

4 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Just went for second PE today 6/12/19 . Was wondering if there is a chance they’ll call me before September? My list number is 13xx. I have a one week scheduled vacation  Labor Day week. It’s been 3 yrs since I have taken vacation at my current job. Hoping they’ll wait till at least after I come back to call me for medical.

I think you will be good. 

I remember getting called for my first pe last year and freaking out because I had a paid for vacation scheduled in August. Here I am a year later and I just had my medical 😄

Just now, acabral136 said:

I think you will be good. 

I remember getting called for my first pe last year and freaking out because I had a paid for vacation scheduled in August. Here I am a year later and I just had my medical 😄

Oh thanks, that’s a relief.

7 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Oh thanks, that’s a relief.

I mean it could suddenly move fast or a shit load of people could defer, reject, or be rejected but 60 spots have already been filled and 125 are left and they just got to 930s on the medical. Good chance u won't be called until the fall. 

44 minutes ago, Brytstar said:

Anything different from the first PE?   16xx here waiting for 2nd PE.  Thanks and best of luck to you. 

53 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

I mean it could suddenly move fast or a shit load of people could defer, reject, or be rejected but 60 spots have already been filled and 125 are left and they just got to 930s on the medical. Good chance u won't be called until the fall. 

Yeah especially because I just deferred 

42 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

Anything different from the first PE?   16xx here waiting for 2nd PE.  Thanks and best of luck to you. 

Process  is the same except for the fact that I didn’t have to wait for them to collect and copy my documents. After giving in my packet I went straight to labs for the drug screening. I was out by 10:30 AM .

14 hours ago, Schecter said:

I got thrown into the A division as a conductor and I live in midtown Manhattan in the Chelsea area I feel like I'm going to have it hard I was hoping I got the B division lol

You got it better than you think..... being in Manhattan means you're central and can basically go to any terminal or yard much easier than folks on the ends sides.... Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens.... From midtown Manhattan you can probably get on any train without changing to a different train as much......which will mean a lot in the early am's, late pm's, and of course midnight going to and leaving work.....

This pertains to both divisions....

Edited by BigCountry
add a sentence.

1 hour ago, kev2112 said:

i would pre-fill everything ahead of time.

i literally didn't have to sign anything since i had it done before hand. find a copy machine and make copies of the blank sheets if you haven't and fill it in, i notice a lot of people did not write "Present" on current jobs/addresses etc. they made a few folks correct it when you go into the room to review your docs.

and the piss test, don't forget to time stamp before dropping it in the mail slot. some folks dropped it in without a stamp and it seem the folks behind the wall purposely delayed them for not doing so. they took the pile without stamps dropped it by the stamper and said find your sheets and time stamp, like 4 to 5 people got up and had to wait all over depending on when they came in. also, do not leave that lab room once you go in, they'll get rid of ya on the spot if they catch you.

for the B division folks, where do you normally report for tours?

Edited by MTAHopeful813

15 hours ago, Imhim said:

It’s not fun at all. I got forced to the A & I live in BK. Nothing like falling to the board and having to report to White Plains (furtherest possible terminal from BK) at 4am. 11 months now at this point I’m used to the traveling, but when I’m able to pick a job I’m writing that G2 ASAP to come to the B. 

I just look at it this way, when I go to T/O if I’m able to pick the B starting over XX nothing the crew office over there can do will phase me (well besides switching my tours lol) but if I’m forced to the A I know what to expect. 

44 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I’m in the A div, but when you’re new any location in your division is fair game. You can report to Far Rock one day and the next day at STL or 96SA. To put it short you will be sent any/everywhere based on where you’re needed. 

54 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

You’re gonna spend time at every terminal and every yard in The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn. 

However, we spent a lot of time at Coney Island Yard.

37 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It’s not fun at all. I got forced to the A & I live in BK. Nothing like falling to the board and having to report to White Plains (furtherest possible terminal from BK) at 4am. 11 months now at this point I’m used to the traveling, but when I’m able to pick a job I’m writing that G2 ASAP to come to the B. 

I just look at it this way, when I go to T/O if I’m able to pick the B starting over XX nothing the crew office over there can do will phase me (well besides switching my tours lol) but if I’m forced to the A I know what to expect. 

I’m in the A div, but when you’re new any location in your division is fair game. You can report to Far Rock one day and the next day at STL or 96SA. To put it short you will be sent any/everywhere based on where you’re needed. 

I feel for you! I was getting sent to the Bronx all day when I was YX and then when I came out lol. I put in a vacancy bid and won a job, hopefully it last until I clear probation and then I don’t mind getting thrown back to the crew office lol at least I’ll be official and have days I can use! 

Oof these stories are just confirming for me that I will take A if I get a choice. 

I'm at the doctor now getting my documents. Just have to wait for my surgery report to come from the hospital and to see one final doc with that report. I plan on being there next Tuesday with everything ready to lift the medical hold. Only thing I'm worried about is getting my surgery report by this Friday like they swore I would.