MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 7105

Shinabee65

36 minutes ago, NYCStreetDoc said:

Just received my pre-employment packet in the mail. Requested to report to Livingston St on Oct 11th. If I decline this appointment, can I go at a later date? List # 16xx. 

Wow, 1600's already? Are they randomly calling the first 2000 people? You should try your best to make this appointment, but if you can't you might have to reinstate your name. Or maybe call or email them. 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

Morning everyone. Anyone at Zarega yet? Just now got here

27 minutes ago, Mr NewFlyer said:

Morning everyone. Anyone at Zarega yet? Just now got here

Congratulations to you and all the best to you guys

On 9/27/2018 at 10:13 PM, Sean1988 said:

I’m scheduled to go down Wednesday for pre employment, I currently have the cdl permit but I have 6 points  for one speeding ticket on my license that I received in May of 2015. The points fall off my license January 1,2019.  Will these points completely disqualifie me from this job or will I be allowed to restate my name on the list once my points fall off?  I know I won’t be able to take the drug test and etc because of the points but once they fall off can I continue with the process? Should I still go down to fill out the paper knowing I have these points? I read that ppl who don’t have a cdl were being told to come back once they get it.. I want to know does this work the same for points?

Yes still go. Once the new year comes in call them back and u should be good to go. Also let me know cause I’m kind of in the same boat 

MaBSTOA covers bronx and manhatten.  Doesn't cover queens, I see some depots from brooklyn like spring creek.  I understand we might not be able to pick our depots. But can we? or  eventually or how long you have to wait until you want to transfer to like jackie gleason depot ? I looked up the info on the forums but its either old, or not really conclusive.

5 hours ago, Moody said:

MaBSTOA covers bronx and manhatten.  Doesn't cover queens, I see some depots from brooklyn like spring creek.  I understand we might not be able to pick our depots. But can we? or  eventually or how long you have to wait until you want to transfer to like jackie gleason depot ? I looked up the info on the forums but its either old, or not really conclusive.

As far as when you can pick your depots, according to this topic, it will be on Day 12 after the 10-day training. As far as how long you have to wait for the transfer to Jackie Gleason - that I don't know. When it comes to that, there are some factors involved. Perhaps @SevenEleven can share some insight on that for us.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:47 PM, Sb1914 said:

Hey everyone, please redirect me to correct post because I tried searching and I cant find it and I'm sure it was already discussed. But I want to know which is the best depot with mabstoa, as far as routes and moving up in seniority. 

West Farms is one of the money depots for sure.

5 hours ago, Moody said:

The depots that you can work at as an OA employee is everything in Manhattan, The Bronx (except Eastchester and Yonkers) and Brooklyn (except Spring Creek). When you pass the 10 day and it's time for your class to pick, you will be given a list of what depots are open and how many slots for each. You may be able to pick because there are spots or you may not because you're the last guy in your class and you're getting forced somewhere. Regardless of where you land up, operators generally have the ability to change depots during the yearly system pick that goes into effect in January. If there's space at Gleason when its your time to pick, you can go there. If there's no space for you, then try again next year.

2 hours ago, Moody said:

Looking at these Manhattan routes. Looks fantastic. Nice lines. Straight up Madison ave. I'd take Manhattan.

Trust, the lines being straight is about fantastic as Manhattan gets. Add the traffic and bikes into the mix.

13 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

As far as when you can pick your depots, according to this topic, it will be on Day 12 after the 10-day training. As far as how long you have to wait for the transfer to Jackie Gleason - that I don't know. When it comes to that, there are some factors involved. Perhaps @SevenEleven can share some insight on that for us.

42 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

West Farms is one of the money depots for sure.

The depots that you can work at as an OA employee is everything in Manhattan, The Bronx (except Eastchester and Yonkers) and Brooklyn (except Spring Creek). When you pass the 10 day and it's time for your class to pick, you will be given a list of what depots are open and how many slots for each. You may be able to pick because there are spots or you may not because you're the last guy in your class and you're getting forced somewhere. Regardless of where you land up, operators generally have the ability to change depots during the yearly system pick that goes into effect in January. If there's space at Gleason when its your time to pick, you can go there. If there's no space for you, then try again next year.

Trust, the lines being straight is about fantastic as Manhattan gets. Add the traffic and bikes into the mix.

Do we have a pick of AM or PM shift?

1 hour ago, onlyambition said:

Do we have a pick of AM or PM shift?

If it's there when you pick, you can pick it. I work in SI so I can't speak for the other boros. When I first started, I could only see PM and the overnight.  It took around 6 months before I could see AMs consistently. 

Sorry to be annoying, but I tried to search Jackie Gleason thru the forum, i see that as OA u can pick into that depot but I cant really find the answer to my question, but my question is, is that depot good as far as with moving up with seniority and making money and routes? I only ask because I'm coming from staten island, and I know I cant pick staten island. Lol, and If I can pick I dont want to pick a place that's so far away

27 minutes ago, Sb1914 said:

Sorry to be annoying, but I tried to search Jackie Gleason thru the forum, i see that as OA u can pick into that depot but I cant really find the answer to my question, but my question is, is that depot good as far as with moving up with seniority and making money and routes? I only ask because I'm coming from staten island, and I know I cant pick staten island. Lol, and If I can pick I dont want to pick a place that's so far away

jackie gleason depot is at 5th ave and 39 st in sunset park brooklyn.  If I lived in staten island, that would be the first choice depot.  

28 minutes ago, Moody said:

jackie gleason depot is at 5th ave and 39 st in sunset park brooklyn.  If I lived in staten island, that would be the first choice depot.  

Thanks, yeah I know close right over the bridge! Lol

I took the cdl permit exam today. In staten island. Now I've been passing the practice test and exams from the apps. And I've had flawless records. So I was confident that I'd pass all exams. Well that didn't happen. The cdl permit at the DMV is totally different. The concept is the same know what's on the manual. But they don't ask the same questions like from the apps or cdl websited. Its total bs. Anyway.  The lady was nice enough to show me this website

https://www.cristcdl.com

If anyone planning to get your cdl permit. This is the website to study from. 90 percent of the general knowledge questions in this website is in the dmv cdl permit test. I studied the manual and I still failed I guess because of the way they asked the questions. Some guy punched the computer monitor while taking the test yelling this is not what I studied. 

No worries. I'll pass it tomorrow. Never give up. I'll be studying all day today.