MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.19ff1ec7c7077459c532f8ddcb207f87.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 0100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

Just want to share a thread on the NYCT forum on preparation training video on obtaining your CDL Class B/P DMV road test with the MTA. Follow and view the videos (((HERE)))

Very useful video. Seen it 2x already. Whoever did the filming of this video did a great job covering all the parts. 

On 3/7/2020 at 9:22 AM, BOO3 said:

Three months has gone by and there’s still no test results/list  number. How much longer? 

It can take almost a year to even get a notification whether or not you passed or failed the "Selective Survey". While you wait if you don't have a CDL Class B with Passenger Endorsement you should try obtaining it and keep your license and background clean.

2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

It can take almost a year to even get a notification whether or not you passed or failed the "Selective Survey". While you wait if you don't have a CDL Class B with Passenger Endorsement you should try obtaining it and keep your license and background clean.

In addition to the Passenger Endorsement, I would personally recommend obtaining the School Bus Endorsement as well. This way, if you eventually decide that you want to drive a School Bus, you would not have to take a second road test in the same vehicle for this particular endorsement.

If you need help getting your Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would recommend checking out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple choice exams that you need to take and pass at minimum are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you want to go ahead and take the School Bus Endorsement, I would recommend it, however it is not necessary for TA purposes.

Edited by +Young+
Error

• 1 month later...

Just to give an update based on my observations,

I'm hoping that exam #0100 isn't postponed due to the current situation, and as of this post, the start date for applications remains as May 8th, however for some reason the exam list number is changed to #0102 now.

If I remember correctly, the previous list before this one is #9100 which has a list published, so going off by that timeline I wanna say its gonna be a year or two before the list gets published, unless I'm wrong about how this works.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Just to give an update based on my observations,

I'm hoping that exam #0100 isn't postponed due to the current situation, and as of this post, the start date for applications remains as May 8th, however for some reason the exam list number is changed to #0102 now.

If I remember correctly, the previous list before this one is #9100 which has a list published, so going off by that timeline I wanna say its gonna be a year or two before the list gets published, unless I'm wrong about how this works.

To be honest with you, the Notice of Examination for MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100 is still online, which you can view here. Therefore, I personally disagree with your second sentence.

However, from the TA perspective, one of the things I did notice is that the list from Exam 4600 has about 8,200 candidates, the list from Exam 7612 has about 2,800 candidates, and the list from Exam 9604 has about 3,600 candidates. Therefore, something tells me that, generally speaking, the agency is having a hard time recruiting candidates.

And note that, on top of recruiting candidates, the candidates have their abstracts checked by the Human Resources personnel, the candidates have to go for a physical by their physicians, the candidates have to pass the 10-day training session and the candidates have to complete their one year of probation.

Sounds like a lot, right? Compared to the multiple Bus Driver jobs that I had in the private sector, with one or two exceptions in which they also "busted my chops," in my honest opinion, it is. However, that's not my problem, especially during this deadly epidemic. And if you disagree with me, check out this website. Should be self-explanatory.

Edited by +Young+
Important Addition

43 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

To be honest with you, the Notice of Examination for MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100 is still online, which you can view here. Therefore, I personally disagree with your second sentence.

However, from the TA perspective, one of the things I did notice is that the list from Exam 4600 has about 8,200 candidates, the list from Exam 7612 has about 2,800 candidates, and the list from Exam 9604 has about 3,600 candidates. Therefore, something tells me that, generally speaking, the agency is having a hard time recruiting candidates.

And note that, on top of recruiting candidates, the candidates have their abstracts checked by the Human Resources personnel, the candidates have to go for a physical by their physicians, the candidates have to pass the 10-day training session and the candidates have to complete their one year of probation.

Sounds like a lot, right? Compared to the multiple Bus Driver jobs that I had in the private sector, with one or two exceptions in which they also "busted my chops," in my honest opinion, it is. However, that's not my problem, especially during this deadly epidemic. And if you disagree with me, check out this website. Should be self-explanatory.

Oh was #1000 the one before #1002? My fault. I thought we had a new thread open for #1002 already and I confused both of them into 1 exam.

Edited by Lawrence St

18 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Oh was #1000 the one before #1002? My fault. I thought we had a new thread open for #1002 already and I confused both of them into 1 exam.

Things happen...don't worry about it.

23 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Although you previously got confused, in which your apology was accepted, if you look at the "Employment Opportunities" page, as of this typing (Monday, 4/13/2020 at approximately 7:15 PM), as far as the MaBSTOA Bus Operator Exam #0102 exam is concerned, the start date for the application period, which was supposed to be May 8th, is now "POSTPONED."

We will see what happens as time progresses.

51 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Although you previously got confused, in which your apology was accepted, if you look at the "Employment Opportunities" page, as of this typing (Monday, 4/13/2020 at approximately 7:15 PM), as far as the MaBSTOA Bus Operator Exam #0102 exam is concerned, the start date for the application period, which was supposed to be May 8th, is now "POSTPONED."

We will see what happens as time progresses.

Nooooooooo 😭

• 3 months later...

I Just received email and I was not recommended for the “bus operator” position. I am devastated and don’t understand how this is so. I answered it the way I’m suppose to and even had the same answers as the sample ones posted on this forum. What did I do wrong? =(

Can someone please help? 

23 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

I Just received email and I was not recommended for the “bus operator” position. I am devastated and don’t understand how this is so. I answered it the way I’m suppose to and even had the same answers as the sample ones posted on this forum. What did I do wrong? =(

Can someone please help? 

First of all, I just sent you a reply via "Private Messaging."

Second, have you considered applying to Exam 1100? The Notice of Examination does not mention the "BOSS exam" at all.

• +Young+ featured this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey everyone I received multiple automated calls yesterday and an email asking if I was still interested in becoming a bus operator for this exam. B/O Exam 0100 MaBsToa. Crazy because I was also contacted in May for MTA Bus. Is MaBSToa the better of the two? 

1 hour ago, N3Gro said:

Hey everyone I received multiple automated calls yesterday and an email asking if I was still interested in becoming a bus operator for this exam. B/O Exam 0100 MaBsToa. Crazy because I was also contacted in May for MTA Bus. Is MaBSToa the better of the two? 

Yes, take the position in Mabstoa.