MaBSTOA B/O Exam #0100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.19ff1ec7c7077459c532f8ddcb207f87.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 0100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

7 hours ago, LuisB said:

Good morning l have a question l was disqualified from MTA P/T B/O l want to if is true l have to wait 5 years after this.my second question l send my pre employee for mabstoa on June 2 and l don’t hear anything after this 

Yes, you have to wait 5 years from the calendar date last appointed. But you can apply for other agency positions except for bus operator position. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flatbush Operator said:

👆🏽👌🏽

If you are able to take 2 weeks vacation or leave of absence, it would be helpful. 

How long do they normaly take to hear from them after the pre-employment form? 1 month 2 months, a year? 

6 hours ago, Andy1 said:

How long do they normaly take to hear from them after the pre-employment form? 1 month 2 months, a year? 

That all depends on how urgent they need to fill in for the position. Normally, the day you’re called in for the Pre-employment process, you will take a drug test screening. After 3 to 90 days, they will call or email you to come in for medical process screening. Remember everything is a demand of vacancy needs. When I first went through the process, I took the initial drug screening test, and 3 days after I was called and emailed for medical and final processing. After medical, etc I was hired to attend the next training class. 

**The hiring process lately has been in high demand. I can ensure you that because for the past weeks and months a lot of operators has or are retiring by the end of the year. Plus there has been a lot of promotions taking place from bus operators turning into Surface Line dispatchers “Supervisor”. A lot of supervisors are either retiring or getting promoted to Superintendents. My depot alone we recently had 10 operators retired and 3 promoted into dispatchers and a few that are waiting till their lists number are up for promotion. There are days some of the routes have missing runs because not enough operators to fill in the missing runs. **

• 3 weeks later...

Man! it’s taking forever to hear back from this exam. I was emailed back for pre employment after I think 2 weeks for Exam 9309 MTA Bus. This one is dragging and I’m here dying to leave my job. I hope we here something soon. I’m also waiting to hear from exam 9618 ( TA ).

8 minutes ago, Jaybk11101 said:

@N3Grosame, 9618 hasn’t made any moves, and this 0100 I handed my pre employment in June, It’s annoying, I’d like to just have a yes or no answer already!

There is no yes or no it’s just a date to come down and start the hiring process…

51 minutes ago, N3Gro said:

Man! it’s taking forever to hear back from this exam. I was emailed back for pre employment after I think 2 weeks for Exam 9309 MTA Bus. This one is dragging and I’m here dying to leave my job. I hope we here something soon. I’m also waiting to hear from exam 9618 ( TA ).

Hey. Just a heads up yes they are hiring off of exam 9309 MTA bus company as I have completed the hiring process and heading into training at Eastchester. My suggestion would be to follow up and follow through with 180 Livingston by any means necessary. They have tons of people,from all divisions of the transit family,that they hire for. They're looking for a bunch of bus operators I believe follow up and follow through is necessary. If anyone on the forums has any information to help out our future operator that'll be great.

Does anyone have any info on how to put myself back on the hiring list for exam 9309 MTA BUS. I missed my initial appointment because I had a pending moving violation which is now cleared. I tried a while back emailing them with the email provided by young but I have not heard back from anyone and it’s going on two months now. Please anyone with some info.

Yes is taking forever. I read in the trend to wait at least 90 days. I forgot to add step 6 on my email. #Write your full name, exam number, list number and the last 5 digits of your SSN. In that order. So yesterday I e-mail them apologizing for missing this step on my reply trend. The deadline was June 28...but I send everything on June 24...

Honestly after 90 day I would just email them again. There's is a number on the pre-employment form you guys can call. You be lucky to get to someone But they do answer. I did speak to a representative. 

I also want to be a bus driver for MTA. Is been a dream. However all we can do now is wait. 

37 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Yes is taking forever. I read in the trend to wait at least 90 days. I forgot to add step 6 on my email. #Write your full name, exam number, list number and the last 5 digits of your SSN. In that order. So yesterday I e-mail them apologizing for missing this step on my reply trend. The deadline was June 28...but I send everything on June 24...

Honestly after 90 day I would just email them again. There's is a number on the pre-employment form you guys can call. You be lucky to get to someone But they do answer. I did speak to a representative. 

I also want to be a bus driver for MTA. Is been a dream. However all we can do now is wait. 

Waiting is the hardest part of this process. Just give it time and it will happen. They have a lot to go through. They are calling from multiple lists. 

5 hours ago, Jaybk11101 said:

@N3Gro so there’s no dq letter?

Approximately two years ago, they did mail out "vague" disqualification letters, also known as "1-in-3" letters, which you can see below. However, with the fact that everything is now done via e-mail, and from following these threads, I haven't heard of the folks at "Employment Operations" mailing any of these ever since they re-opened from the pandemic.

4 hours ago, N3Gro said:

Does anyone have any info on how to put myself back on the hiring list for exam 9309 MTA BUS. I missed my initial appointment because I had a pending moving violation which is now cleared. I tried a while back emailing them with the email provided by young but I have not heard back from anyone and it’s going on two months now. Please anyone with some info.

Have you considered e-mailing employmentcenter@nyct.com or employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com? Hopefully this will do the trick.

MaBSTOA 1-in-3 Letter.jpg

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Approximately two years ago, they did mail out "vague" disqualification letters, also known as "1-in-3" letters, which you can see below. However, with the fact that everything is now done via e-mail, and from following these threads, I haven't heard of the folks at "Employment Operations" mailing any of these ever since they re-opened from the pandemic.

Have you considered e-mailing employmentcenter@nyct.com or employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com? Hopefully this will do the trick.

MaBSTOA 1-in-3 Letter.jpg

Young I did reach out to the those emails with my information that was required and still never heard back. I was hoping for a phone number I guess. 

1 hour ago, N3Gro said:

Young I did reach out to the those emails with my information that was required and still never heard back. I was hoping for a phone number I guess. 

Have you considered reaching out to the "higher ups," in which I provided the link in the quote below?

Good luck!

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Have you considered reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be viewed here?

Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 12:12 PM, +Young+ said:

To make a long story short, it's the same. The only difference is for MaBSTOA (OA) and MTA Bus Company (BC), your list numbers are in random order, while for NYC Transit (TA), the list numbers are determined by how well you did on a multiple-choice Civil Service Examination, in addition to the fact that the agency is supposed to follow the "Civil Service" Rules and Regulations of the City of New York as well.

Good luck!!

Hello , i am new to this forum. I was contacted back for bus operator exam 0100 my list number is 3XX. I recently got my cdl class b permit and submitted that to them. Is there anything else i should do besides wait till they reach back out to me? What are the next steps? Thanks! Also where can i go to see my test score im curious. 

5 hours ago, kd1234 said:

Hello , i am new to this forum. I was contacted back for bus operator exam 0100 my list number is 3XX. I recently got my cdl class b permit and submitted that to them. Is there anything else i should do besides wait till they reach back out to me? What are the next steps? Thanks! Also where can i go to see my test score im curious. 

The next step is to wait for them to respond back with further instructions.

While you’re waiting, keep your driver license clean. OA doesn’t have a score system in place. Therefore, if you passed the Bus Selected Survey, your random list will be place on a call candidate list for future employment as positions vacant. The only exam that use a scoring method is TA and thats because its a civil service title. 

Edited by Flatbush Operator

On 9/14/2021 at 7:41 PM, Flatbush Operator said:

The next step is to wait for them to respond back with further instructions.

While you’re waiting, keep your driver license clean. OA doesn’t have a score system in place. Therefore, if you passed the Bus Selected Survey, your random list will be place on a call candidate list for future employment as positions vacant. The only exam that use a scoring method is TA and thats because its a civil service title. 

Okay, Thank you for the response! Also do you know where do i go to see my results from the exam? 

On 9/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, kd1234 said:

Okay, Thank you for the response! Also do you know where do i go to see my results from the exam? 

MaBstoa doesn’t have a scoring system. You were giving a random list number, and took a Bus Operator Selective Survey questionnaire. If you passed the questionnaire, your random list number will be added onto the eligibility pool for employment hiring.

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, misslo said:

welp. it's my turn. i go there on tuesday for final processing and then to the class starting 10-24-21. but they say dont resign from current job. how this gone work now 🤔

For Exam 0100? I thought u were on exam 9309 MTA BUS? I’m still waiting to hear from this exam 

44 minutes ago, misslo said:

welp. it's my turn. i go there on tuesday for final processing and then to the class starting 10-24-21. but they say dont resign from current job. how this gone work now 🤔

A lot of people are saying don't put in your two weeks notice yet because COVID can happen and cause you to be without a job during the transition.

46 minutes ago, misslo said:

Take a leave of absence or days off to at least cover the 10 day training. Or talk with your employer, they might give you their blessing to go to the MTA.