Queens Existing Conditions Report Released

Mpn4179

10 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Thing that pisses me off about this sub forum is that how pretentious some people are on here. They feel like they know what’s best for everyone here because they fan ride buses. You don’t know how many times up times someone on here proposes something everyone hypes it up and when the MTA does something akin to that in real life everyone loses their shit. 

they don’t care about what’s being done, only who is delivering it. 

when you drop a pile of socially maladjusted Neuro-atypicals in a room and mostly leave them to their own devices, that's what happens...

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

So we're now throwing subliminal messages in this thread?

You guys must be bored.

Not so much bored as tired- of all the BS that goes on.  Kamen Rider has a point; not the only one who's noticed.  Just look at what's been going on in the Subways section lately, it's the same few people dominating discussions and putting down anyone who has a remotely different opinion.

Like 3-year-olds in a damn sandbox...

22 minutes ago, R10 1989 said:

Not so much bored as tired- of all the BS that goes on.  Kamen Rider has a point; not the only one who's noticed.  Just look at what's been going on in the Subways section lately, it's the same few people dominating discussions and putting down anyone who has a remotely different opinion.

Like 3-year-olds in a damn sandbox...

Being basically the sole moderator on this forum and with Lance taking care of much more important things revolving around his life, I haven't had the time to sift through what goes on in the subway section. I usually use whatever little time I have to look through the bus section, because it's literally easier to read through.

With that said, to anyone that sees any sort of issues, shoot me an inbox and I'll try to take a look at it when I get some time.

With that said, let's get back to the topic of this whole redesign.

Edited by Cait Sith

2 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

We fight over dumb things all the time. Go to that (4) express thread and enjoy a bag of popcorn.

Word up.....LOL

54 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Being basically the sole moderator on this forum and with Lance taking care of much more important things revolving around his life, I haven't had the time to sift through what goes on in the subway section. I usually use whatever little time I have to look through the bus section, because it's literally easier to read through.

With that said, to anyone that sees any sort of issues, shoot me an inbox and I'll try to take a look at it when I get some time.

With that said, let's get back to the topic of this whole redesign.

What happened to Turtle/Fresh Pond...He's no longer a Moderator on here....

20 hours ago, jaf0519 said:

But why did they draw some routes in one color and some in another? The green, orange, and purple seem to have no rhyme or reason for what routes they are given to. They did mention that people wanted easier to understand maps, like frequency and light night bus maps in the Existing Conditions Report. Maybe this has something to do with that? I don’t know what though.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it.... The MTA has other problems if they're going to release a map with such shit quality.... The draft map will probably be similar to the Bronx draft plan map....

9 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I feel like they're going to get rid of route variants to make it more understandable, like the Q10 and the Q11. 

And wasn't there a plan or something to extend the Q70 into Penn Station or am I thinking of something else?

- The Q20a/b, the branching of the Q15, and the branching of the Q85 won't be a thing anymore either.....

- I'm unaware of there being any {MTA} plan to run Q70's to Penn Station... You could be thinking of that Q66 proposal to Columbus Circle, IDK....

7 hours ago, jaf0519 said:

One thing i would imagine that plenty of people will be surprised by is if the MTA actually changed more routes than those that were shown on the map. In the Existing Conditions Report, the MTA said they would be looking at all Queens routes, the M60 SBS, as well as 13 Brooklyn routes that enter Queens. Unless that was a typo, what routes are missing?

From west to east:

B32, B62, B24, B57, B38, B13, B26, B52, and B54, B20, B15, and BM5

What is the last route?

Also only the B32, B62, B24, B57, and B15 seem to have been shown (or no longer shown) on the map we have seen.

There's only 11 local interborough Brooklyn-Queens routes.... If they're actually counting the BM5 & the B38 SBS (as a separate route), well there's your 13.

4 hours ago, 7-express said:

Is this a legit map with times and headways?  If so, it looks like pretty significant cuts all around to intervals outside of rush hours.  This is going to get a crap ton of negative flak for sure.

A lot of headways stop "all-day" frequency at 7pm, which is a bit odd and early IMO.

Looking at routes that I've ridden on the regular:

Old Q27

• QT15 (7 minutes weekday/9 weekend) - Q65 routing in College Point, through-routing to Q26 routing on Sanford before taking over Q27 routing to QCC/HHE.
  • QT31 (15/20 weekday, 20 weekend) - Q26 extended via HHE to Springfield, taking Q27 path to Jamaica Av.
  • QT71 (21 weekday/24 weekend) - Springfield Blvd, running from Bay Terrace to JFK via QCC.

Old Q88

• 73rd Av - QT87 (18/30 weekday, 30 weekend) - south end of Q23 to Queens Blvd to Jewel to Main, running up 73rd, jogging over to HHE via Springfield, and then using LNP to get to Little Neck LIRR. Huh?
  • HHE - QT12 (10 weekday, 15 weekend) - HHE straight through to QCC.

Old Q64/Q10

• QT14 (7/15/30 weekday, 15 weekend) - Q10 shortened to Federal Circle + Q64. Huh?

Main St

• QT86 (every 22 am/midday, every 15 pm peak, every 30 evening weekdays; 20 minutes weekend) - Q20, but swing south on Union Turnpike, take Queens Blvd, go south on Yellowstone and Cooper to end at Atlas Park.
  • QT44 (every 6 weekday, 8/15 weekend) - like you gave the current Q44 a bunch of steroids and meth.

Union Turnpike

• QT32 - every 10 minutes. The current Q46 to LIJ, but it looks like it makes no stops between Parsons and 188th? Basically a big middle finger to St. John's.
  • QT11 - every 8 minutes. When a Q23 and a Q46 short turn love each other very much, I suppose this is what you get. Q23 to Forest Hills, Queens Blvd, after Kew Gardens it's a Q46 to 188/HHE.
  • No Glen Oaks branch.

Hillside

• Two branches running every 13/24/60 weekdays, every 20/60 weekends.
  • QT34 - 165 St Bus Terminal to NUSH via Hillside, Winchester, Douglaston Pkwy and HHE
  • QT36 - 165th St to LIJ via Q43 and Lakeville Rd.

Q36

• QT67 (15/30 weekdays, 25 min weekends) - Q112 + Q36. Estimated during the day to have a whopping 143 minute runtime.

Overall thoughts:

• Crack is wack. Like this is what I would expect if you gave a certain old transitmaster crack, that he would give this to me. 
  • The Bronx bus stop eliminations were nothing to write about. This is the goddamn Texas Bus Stop Massacre. It looks like every route on Hillside makes limited stops west of Springfield. 
  • Winners: Atlas Park won. There's a lot of buses on Queens Blvd between Forest Hills and Kew Gardens, too. 
  • Losers: the MTA just basically said "f**k you" to everyone east of the Clearview. Particularly for the eastern Queens routes, I'm worried because it doesn't look like they specify the peak-of-peak headways, and when you have buses full on Union Turnpike every 2 minutes during that rush and the MTA is saying 10 for the entire morning that worries me.

TL;DR

Am_I_a_Joke_To_You%3F.jpg

I really hope this is fake because if I still lived where I did I'd buy a car, immediately.

Edited by bobtehpanda

On 12/29/2019 at 3:27 PM, jaf0519 said:

According to an article in the Queens Chronicle, it looks like the Q58 will be split into two routes, not like how the MTA split the M5 into the M5 and M55, but similar to how Nassau has buses like the N48 and N49. Both will share terminals in Flushing and Ridgewood, but one would follow the current route via 108 St and Corona Ave, while the other would likely stay on Horace Harding to the Queens Center Mall, and then take Queens Blvd over to Grand Ave. 

Basically, the Limited would use Horace Harding to College Point Blvd and the local would use Corona and Roosevelt.

6 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

A lot of headways stop "all-day" frequency at 7pm, which is a bit odd and early IMO.

Looking at routes that I've ridden on the regular:

Old Q27

• QT15 (7 minutes weekday/9 weekend) - Q65 routing in College Point, through-routing to Q26 routing on Sanford before taking over Q27 routing to QCC/HHE.
  • QT31 (15/20 weekday, 20 weekend) - Q26 extended via HHE to Springfield, taking Q27 path to Jamaica Av.
  • QT71 (21 weekday/24 weekend) - Springfield Blvd, running from Bay Terrace to JFK via QCC.

Old Q88

• 73rd Av - QT87 (18/30 weekday, 30 weekend) - south end of Q23 to Queens Blvd to Jewel to Main, running up 73rd, jogging over to HHE via Springfield, and then using LNP to get to Little Neck LIRR. Huh?
  • HHE - QT12 (10 weekday, 15 weekend) - HHE straight through to QCC.

Old Q64/Q10

• QT14 (7/15/30 weekday, 15 weekend) - Q10 shortened to Federal Circle + Q64. Huh?

Main St

• QT86 (every 22 am/midday, every 15 pm peak, every 30 evening weekdays; 20 minutes weekend) - Q20, but swing south on Union Turnpike, take Queens Blvd, go south on Yellowstone and Cooper to end at Atlas Park.
  • QT44 (every 6 weekday, 8/15 weekend) - like you gave the current Q44 a bunch of steroids and meth.

Union Turnpike

• QT32 - every 10 minutes. The current Q46 to LIJ, but it looks like it makes no stops between Parsons and 188th? Basically a big middle finger to St. John's.
  • QT11 - every 8 minutes. When a Q23 and a Q46 short turn love each other very much, I suppose this is what you get. Q23 to Forest Hills, Queens Blvd, after Kew Gardens it's a Q46 to 188/HHE.
  • No Glen Oaks branch.

Hillside

• Two branches running every 13/24/60 weekdays, every 20/60 weekends.
  • QT34 - 165 St Bus Terminal to NUSH via Hillside, Winchester, Douglaston Pkwy and HHE
  • QT36 - 165th St to LIJ via Q43 and Lakeville Rd.

Q36

• QT67 (15/30 weekdays, 25 min weekends) - Q112 + Q36. Estimated during the day to have a whopping 143 minute runtime.

Overall thoughts:

• Crack is wack. Like this is what I would expect if you gave a certain old transitmaster crack, that he would give this to me. 
  • The Bronx bus stop eliminations were nothing to write about. This is the goddamn Texas Bus Stop Massacre. It looks like every route on Hillside makes limited stops west of Springfield. 
  • Winners: Atlas Park won. There's a lot of buses on Queens Blvd between Forest Hills and Kew Gardens, too. 
  • Losers: the MTA just basically said "f**k you" to everyone east of the Clearview. Particularly for the eastern Queens routes, I'm worried because it doesn't look like they specify the peak-of-peak headways, and when you have buses full on Union Turnpike every 2 minutes during that rush and the MTA is saying 10 for the entire morning that worries me.

TL;DR

I really hope this is fake because if I still lived where I did I'd buy a car, immediately.

@Cait Sith Could the two discussions be consolidated?