Sad News: Byford resigns for real: What does this mean for the Network redesigns?

BrooklynBus

Oh that explains why MTA is going slow. They are restructuring to give the state more control over the system. This only works with the Governor in Charge.

It's highly likely that Cuomo is losing political power.

There's also a 6.1 Billion Defecit in the Budget.

Edited by NY1635

25 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Ok there are way to many topics about this.

I don't know why people can't READ BEFORE posting. It's ridiculous. I had to delete 10 threads about the SAME thing with the SAME article linked.  Then you have people posting on each of them. It just creates a mess.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

4 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

Oh that explains why MTA is going slow. They are restructuring to give the state more control over the system. This only works with the Governor in Charge.

It's highly likely that Cuomo is losing political power.

There's also a 6.1 Billion Defecit in the Budget.

I saw this coming.

The MTA is beyond redemption. Good luck convincing us Upstaters that you really want that $50bn. because a whole lotta promises are about to be broken.

The city is in an engineered breakdown and Byford is inconvenient. You may use the term "conspiracy theorist" with abandon against me, but it does not change your reality.

25 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

You should be hired to be the kiss@$$ for the MTA too.

That’s a good one. Love the sarcastic joke.

However, in all seriousness, it doesn’t matter who is going to be the next Transit President if they don’t fix the leadership in the MTA and in Albany itself.

29 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

.....it doesn’t matter who is going to be the next Transit President if they don’t fix the leadership in the MTA and in Albany itself.

You have a better chance of winning the lotto in consecutive days & getting struck by lightning in each of them.....

The reason I asked the question is Byford seemed to be a man of his word and cared.

With him gone, what happens to his promises that the Queens Bus Network Redesign is still in its early, early stages and this is just a first draft? That there is no time schedule involved and the MTA will revise it until all the concerns are heard and they get it right. 

The official timetable says April will be the Final Draft. That means only minor tweaks thereafter. So with additional workshops, Town Halls, requests for meetings by Community Boards still to occur, how could a Final Draft possibly be ready by April? 

In order for that to happen, planners would have to start working on it now before the remaining meetings even occur. Who will change the timetable with Byford out of the picture or will it be changed? 

2 hours ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

I saw this coming.

The MTA is beyond redemption. Good luck convincing us Upstaters that you really want that $50bn. because a whole lotta promises are about to be broken.

The city is in an engineered breakdown and Byford is inconvenient. You may use the term "conspiracy theorist" with abandon against me, but it does not change your reality.

^definetly agree with you on that last one, there is some sort of agenda to intentionally let the system fall apart to the point people demand a fix and thats when a politician comes in to "solve things".

Bryford stepping down will seriously injure Cuomo's reputation (not like he has much right now anyways lol).

honestly the MTA is never gonna recover from this. byford was their only hope/chance to improve but we just had to see the corrupt Albany officials alongside emperor cuomo outright throw all the progress he was gonna make down the drain. 

i really have no other words besides the ones explained above...

2 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

honestly the MTA is never gonna recover from this. byford was their only hope/chance to improve but we just had to see the corrupt Albany officials alongside emperor cuomo outright throw all the progress he was gonna make down the drain. 

i really have no other words besides the ones explained above...

We can only hope he is asked to come back as MTA head with a new working arrangement that he and Cuomo can agree upon. 

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

You have a better chance of winning the lotto in consecutive days & getting struck by lightning in each of them.....

You are right. The odds of winning the lotto in consecutive days and getting struck by lightning each day are much better than fixing the (MTA) leadership. Funny thing is that I haven’t played the lotto in a long time, so any tips on how to improve my chances of winning?