63rd Street Tunnel Shutdown Begins Last week in August.

RTOMan

1 hour ago, Jemorie said:

So the (F) shuttle will use a small portion of the 8-car units currently assigned to the (M)? Wow. Also, never knew the (M) moved from ENY to Jamaica Yard.

Correction They'll use the spare R160s the Mikey uses from Jamaica Yd for that Shuttle due to the fact there wont be as much Mikey Service going to 57th.

Single Pocket Operation...

Edited by RTOMan

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sooo E and F will be full local 10:30am-11:30am and 10:45am-11:45am

Manhattan-bound (E)(F) run local from Forest Hills-71 Av to Queens Plaza

Aug 28 through early 2024, every day, from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM

What's happening?

We're rebuilding tracks on the 63 St Line

Posted: 08/10/2023 11:39 AM

Jamaica-bound (E)(F) run local from Queens Plaza to Forest Hills-71 Av

Aug 28 through early 2024, every day, from 10:45 AM to 11:45 AM

What's happening?

Edited by nightmare402

4 minutes ago, nightmare402 said:

What's happening?

What's happening?

yeah - probably to move trash or other equipment in and out of the worksite - why this isn't done from 11:45AM to 1PM boggles my mind though. 10:30AM you still get plenty of train traffic and ridership, especially with the rotten high school kids getting out of school.

M will be fully suspended August 30-sep 5

(M) is suspended - Take the (F)(J)(R) and free shuttle buses instead

Aug 30 - Sep 5, Wed 9:45 PM to Tue 5:00 AM (includes Labor Day)

Shuttle Bus Free M90 shuttle buses make stops between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av (Broadway).

(J)(Z) trains provide local service between Myrtle Av (Broadway) and Delancey St-Essex St.

F trains provide service between Delancey St-Essex St and Queens Plaza

(R) trains provide local service between Queens Plaza and Forest Hills-71 Av

Transfer between (J)(Z) trains and Shuttle Bus buses at Myrtle Av.

Transfer between (J)(Z) and (F) trains at Delancey St-Essex St.

Transfer between (F) and (R) trains at 34 St-Herald Sq Accessbility or Queens Plaza Accessbility.

Travel tip:

For Manhattan, take the (L) at Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs Accessbility. Transfer to/from the (F) at 6 Av (14 St).

Reminders: (R) trains in Queens run days/evenings. (Z) trains run during rush hours only.

What's happening?

We're replacing tracks

3 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

yeah - probably to move trash or other equipment in and out of the worksite - why this isn't done from 11:45AM to 1PM boggles my mind though. 10:30AM you still get plenty of train traffic and ridership, especially with the rotten high school kids getting out of school.

What.

17 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Not all of them are rotten just some of them are..

18 hours ago, nightmare402 said:

What's happening?

What's happening?

Now it makes sense with the supplement and them decreasing (E)and (F) service..

42 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Now it makes sense with the supplement and them decreasing (E)and (F) service..

mmhmm. There was not enough equipment available (meaning 10-car R160s) to fully have (E)(F) service AND increase (R) train service to offset the (M) service reduction, which is a caveat of CBTC activation before the shutdown. You are limited as to what rolling stock is available to run.

8 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

mmhmm. There was not enough equipment available (meaning 10-car R160s) to fully have (E)(F) service AND increase (R) train service to offset the (M) service reduction, which is a caveat of CBTC activation before the shutdown. You are limited as to what rolling stock is available to run.

That One Hour of local service on  D1 and D2 tracks will prob make them Cut back everything..

No (E) trains to 179

No rush hour (E) service to/from Jamaica-179 St

Beginning Aug 28, Monday through early 2024

Take the (F) instead.

Transfer to/from (E) trains at Kew Gardens-Union Tpke Accessbility or Forest Hills-71 Av Accessbility.

Note: (F) runs via the (E) in both directions between Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av and 5 Av/53 St

What's happening?

Posted: 08/16/2023 02:07 PM

Edited by nightmare402

On 7/29/2023 at 6:27 PM, Comrade96 said:

extending the G wont really help those trying to go into manhattan

On 7/29/2023 at 6:50 PM, RTOMan said:

Not in the least 

Sure it will. Instead of watching numerous express trains speeding by while the next (R) is 14 mins away… they can take a (G) to the next transfer station for the (E)(F)(7)<7>(L)(A)(C) and vice versa. There are also many intra Queens trips taken on the QBL in which which the (R) is not specifically necessary.

15 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

Sure it will. Instead of watching numerous express trains speeding by while the next (R) is 14 mins away… they can take a (G) to the next transfer station for the (E)(F)(7)<7>(L)(A)(C) and vice versa. There are also many intra Queens trips taken on the QBL in which which the (R) is not specifically necessary.

even then operationally it isnt worth the headache, youd have to do A LOT just to get the G to be able to go back to 71st

1 hour ago, N6 Limited said:

Wont matter Supplement is Out and NO G SERVICE to CTL...

6 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Is there a reason they flat out refuse to send the (G) back to CTL or are they gonna use planned work as an excuse every time?

I have mentioned it serval times here CBTC until its fully online from the Plaza, 21st to 179 and Parsons has issues when it comes to  getting Lines Ups(moving switches) from Non CBTC areas. I seen it myself BIEs  IDs drop out Switches lock up and the such so the less switch movement the better.

No idea why its that way its just that way..

Give it to 2026 when its supposed to be online fully in Queens then maybe they can do different things..

Maybe...

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

I have mentioned it serval times here CBTC until its fully online from the Plaza, 21st to 179 and Parsons has issues when it comes to  getting Lines Ups(moving switches) from Non CBTC areas. I seen it myself BIEs  IDs drop out Switches lock up and the such so the less switch movement the better.

Give it to 2026 when its supposed to be online fully in Queens then maybe they can do different things..

Maybe...

That and I also suspect they have concerns if they put the (G) back on QBL, loudmouth pols would demand it remain on QBL after service returns to normal even if it would only be feasible for this particular instance. 

6 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Maybe...

No I know about the CBTC issues, I meant even before CBTC they would flat out refuse to run the (G) on QBL.

12 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

That and I also suspect they have concerns if they put the (G) back on QBL, loudmouth pols would demand it remain on QBL after service returns to normal even if it would only be feasible for this particular instance. 

With CBTC it can actually work though..

23 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Is there a reason they flat out refuse to send the (G) back to CTL or are they gonna use planned work as an excuse every time?

I actually have an experience to add to reasons why. Currently the tracks that take the G from court sq to queens plaza arent normally used by trains, and for some odd reason are controlled by RCC. I was on an F that had to be rerouted via crosstown due to signal problems at jay. It took us at least 10 minutes to go from court sq to queens plaza, and some more time to leave queens plaza for a diverging lineup, thats just not sustainable