Relationships

bentton316

Damn. Love triangles are such a bitch.

Let me provide some background. I've been with my current girl (let's call her "Misty") for around four months. Before that we were friends for nearly three years. We've done a lot together but I have to say that the excitement factor is decreasing and fast. No matter, I'm still commited for the time being.

Why is this important? Well coincidentally I've recently started talking to an old friend (whom I'll call "Shondra"). We've known each other for four years. Long story short she came out and told me she wanted to get together. This puts me in an awkward situation.

Now while I could two time and what not I'm not that type of person and there is much risk becuase they're both friends, they both have relatives that socialize with each other, and I also know many of their friends as well. So that wasn't an option at all as they'd both hear about it in a heartbeat. It's just a giant social circle within another so to speak.

There's much more behind this but's it's already complicated enough.

The point is (just as I suspected) they both know now and it just puts me in an awkward position. Quite honestly, I won't diverge more into this at this point in time.

f**king fake as high school relationships. I wish I was single again. Nothing to weigh me down.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is still around? I had completely forgotton about it.

It's been here for three years, which while longer than the amount of time that you and chargerdodge combined have spent here, is also a shorter period of time than the threads that you've bumped...

Damn. Love triangles are such a bitch.

Let me provide some background. I've been with my current girl (let's call her "Misty") for around four months. Before that we were friends for nearly three years. We've done a lot together but I have to say that the excitement factor is decreasing and fast. No matter, I'm still commited for the time being.

Why is this important? Well coincidentally I've recently started talking to an old friend (whom I'll call "Shondra"). We've known each other for four years. Long story short she came out and told me she wanted to get together. This puts me in an awkward situation.

Now while I could two time and what not I'm not that type of person and there is much risk becuase they're both friends, they both have relatives that socialize with each other, and I also know many of their friends as well. So that wasn't an option at all as they'd both hear about it in a heartbeat. It's just a giant social circle within another so to speak.

There's much more behind this but's it's already complicated enough.

The point is (just as I suspected) they both know now and it just puts me in an awkward position. Quite honestly, I won't diverge more into this at this point in time.

f**king fake as high school relationships. I wish I was single again. Nothing to weigh me down.

That is not an easy situation. I *tried* to date two girls at once in college. In the same social circle! Ok I got my rocks off and filled my quiver with the two but it caused alot of heartache for one of the girls. On top of that I had to leave that entire social circle as a result! I think that was one of my biggest mistakes I could have ever make in my college career. I failed classes and nearly dropped out that year because the stress it caused, but I looked for it because really that was MY fault so I guess I got what I deserved for playing games I'll admit it.

One time I got busted with this other girl in her own apartment by her own uncle in her own home. (And she had a boyfriend!) She panicked and threw my underwear out the window when he walked in. I was shitting bricks, climed out the damn window to avoid him becaus I think he was loading his gun in the living room. (Yes I'm serious Turbo, no joke!) It was'nt cool walking home in 25 degree weather with no draws at least to keep me warm. It sucked. To make things evenm worse we worked at the same job. Guess why I had to quit my job?

This is exactly why I am working so hard this time around with my girl I am with now, giving her my full attention to her emotional needs and NOT fooling around with other women , instead being faithful and commited to HER and HER only. I've matured since then. It's possible she may have my child one day that's how serious I am with this. I may marry this girl but I have to get it together with my career in the IT field first. I'm back in school and working, in fact just took a test earlier today. I'm going to take a hiatus once the semster is up since I have a responsibility to furfill with her.

If a man wishes to get married he'd better make sure his career is together and that he can bring food to the table. Marriage and long term relationships is not all about fun. It's about true love, and it takes alot of serious hard work to make the relationship work. That's why I don't dick around anymore. My advice to you is to have your fun now but be very careful, and MAKE SURE school and then your career comes first. You have to know how to take care of yourself first before you can be in a position to support a family and be there for your wife when you grow in age years later down the road. Even now be careful. Love triangles, being in the middle of it can get you in deep shit. take it from me from getting myself in trouble with being in a fiasco like that myself, which I regretted doing. i paid the consequences for it. Which was not good.

LMAO!  :lol:  Never say never... If I decide to have any it won't be for a while and probably two max... I'd have to be a friggin' millionaire to support my kids... I dunno how my parents put up with me... I mean I was a single child but I had my mom's personality which means I was spoiled even more... Very picky...

See Turbo? I'm not the only one saying this. That's why you have to put school and career first as I was saying in the previous post, on the real tip. Again have your fun and continue your adventures in the wonderful world of beautiful women but remember this:

"One pussy hair can overthrow an entire army."

That is not an easy situation. I *tried* to date two girls at once in college. In the same social circle! Ok I got my rocks off and filled my quiver with the two but it caused alot of heartache for one of the girls. On top of that I had to leave that entire social circle as a result! I think that was one of my biggest mistakes I could have ever make in my college career. I failed classes and nearly dropped out that year because the stress it caused, but I looked for it because really that was MY fault so I guess I got what I deserved for playing games I'll admit it.

One time I got busted with this other girl in her own apartment by her own uncle in her own home. (And she had a boyfriend!) She panicked and threw my underwear out the window when he walked in. I was shitting bricks, climed out the damn window to avoid him becaus I think he was loading his gun in the living room. (Yes I'm serious Turbo, no joke!) It was'nt cool walking home in 25 degree weather with no draws at least to keep me warm. It sucked. To make things evenm worse we worked at the same job. Guess why I had to quit my job?

This is exactly why I am working so hard this time around with my girl I am with now, giving her my full attention to her emotional needs and NOT fooling around with other women , instead being faithful and commited to HER and HER only. I've matured since then. It's possible she may have my child one day that's how serious I am with this. I may marry this girl but I have to get it together with my career in the IT field first. I'm back in school and working, in fact just took a test earlier today. I'm going to take a hiatus once the semster is up since I have a responsibility to furfill with her.

If a man wishes to get married he'd better make sure his career is together and that he can bring food to the table. Marriage and long term relationships is not all about fun. It's about true love, and it takes alot of serious hard work to make the relationship work. That's why I don't dick around anymore. My advice to you is to have your fun now but be very careful, and MAKE SURE school and then your career comes first. You have to know how to take care of yourself first before you can be in a position to support a family and be there for your wife when you grow in age years later down the road. Even now be careful. Love triangles, being in the middle of it can get you in deep shit. take it from me from getting myself in trouble with being in a fiasco like that myself, which I regretted doing. i paid the consequences for it. Which was not good.

Perhaps you read a little to far into this. No matter, great advice. Sorry you had to go through all that shit.

Last night when I made that post my mind was in so many places. I got some rest last night so my mind is slightly clearer.

I am looking for some type of long term commitment, but I do have to admit a lot of my current relationship is just based on fun, just f**king around. I was hoping we would advance from there soon but now that she knows about this it's like two steps back from where we started. I'll just wait and see how this works out.

The point I was tryimg to make was that my situation is so awkward and I'd just look like a douchebag no matter the outcome in the situation. Even if my current relationship ended (which might be soon considering the circumstances), I'd likely wouldn't have a chance with the other.

Furthermore I'd like to state again (some renforcement for those still in Jr./High school) teenage love is nothing more than a pastime and status symbol. If you were looking for even some level of commitment like I was you're shit out of luck. These girls will either just toss you out on the curb as soon as they get the chance, or keep using you until you're of no benefit to them. I thought I had learned this by now but now I feel that I'm headed back down that road again.

See Turbo? I'm not the only one saying this. That's why you have to put school and career first as I was saying in the previous post, on the real tip. Again have your fun and continue your adventures in the wonderful world of beautiful women but remember this:

"One pussy hair can overthrow an entire army."

I think I got that by now, but some renforcement never hurt.

That's the kind of stuff I avoid (that and drugs). I'm in my late teens and have always been focused on my career path. I would like to work for a company like Bell helicopter or Boeing one day, so I have to work hard in order to achieve that goal. I have never been a party person and I doubt college life will change that.

Perhaps you read a little to far into this. No matter, great advice. Sorry you had to go through all that shit.

Last night when I made that post my mind was in so many places. I got some rest last night so my mind is slightly clearer.

I am looking for some type of long term commitment, but I do have to admit a lot of my current relationship is just based on fun, just f**king around. I was hoping we would advance from there soon but now that she knows about this it's like two steps back from where we started. I'll just wait and see how this works out.

The point I was tryimg to make was that my situation is so awkward and I'd just look like a douchebag no matter the outcome in the situation. Even if my current relationship ended (which might be soon considering the circumstances), I'd likely wouldn't have a chance with the other.

Furthermore I'd like to state again (some renforcement for those still in Jr./High school) teenage love is nothing more than a pastime and status symbol. If you were looking for even some level of commitment like I was you're shit out of luck. These girls will either just toss you out on the curb as soon as they get the chance, or keep using you until you're of no benefit to them. I thought I had learned this by now but now I feel that I'm headed back down that road again.

I think I got that by now, but some renforcement never hurt.

Yeah that's true. Generally speaking teens are still sexually and emotionally maturing so that behavior you are describing is to be expected. However I would admit, I saw plenty more couples back when I was in HS that were in commitment. Times has changed I guess.

I'm trying to see why you are downplaying yourself as a douchebag when clearly you are a playa lol. Don't sweat it man, your still young man. You got a long ways to go in reaching your scholastic and secular goals. LTRs can make or break you. But that's just my thinking. I never was serious about relationships until only a few years ago. If I scored then fine, if not I could'nt give two shits. That was the way I was until recently. While on that when you see a potential mate you just know it. In my case I found her that's why I stopped fooling around like I was saying.

Dude! You're still young! Have fun with the girls and yeah f**k around. And don't worry about serious relationships right now, it can be an emotional weight that may be much more then you've anticipated. The heartbreak when it all ends can be worse if you are anticipating a serious relationship. If you go about it with just being in a casual sexual relationship then you won't have to worry about that added stress that you don't need right now. It's a mindset.

Worry about yourself first. Trust me. If you do become seriously involved with a girl, cool, but if you end up in a casual sexual relationship just go with the flow, that's all, then move on to the next chick. Did you ever travel the world yet? There are plenty of girla from around the world who are shockingly gorgeous. You never know if you may meet the girl of your dreams in even another country.

When I was in HS I never even thought I would be in a serious relationship with a gorgeous girl from the other side of the world today. I thank myself that I waited for the right one and wised up in time.

I'm not reading into it too much. I'm just talking from experience and believe me I was making really big f**k-ups with some girls that I dated when I was in HS then college. It was fun while it lasted. But my life as a full grown adult is different now and my perception of what it means to be in love with a woman is on a totally different level now from when say I was 16 years old, when i was only starting to explore the world of dating the opposite sex.

That's the kind of stuff I avoid (that and drugs). I'm in my late teens and have always been focused on my career path. I would like to work for a company like Bell helicopter or Boeing one day, so I have to work hard in order to achieve that goal. I have never been a party person and I doubt college life will change that.

I was never a hardcore party person either, even though I love to have fun and did it in other ways. But I was the type of man that was always into women regardless. That being said indeed the primary thing has to be your career goals. Because how can one expect to take care of himself then his lovely wife and family in the future?

On drugs I was really into smoking pot. Not ashamed to say it. In fact I think it really should be legalized but that's another story. Nethertheless there is something called growing up and that's why I stopped and quit that shit.

"On drugs I was really into smoking pot. Not ashamed to say it. In fact I think it really should be legalized but that's another story. Nethertheless there is something called growing up and that's why I stopped and quit that shit."

I just wish my cousin would.... <_<

Werd! A good woman is the best thing that a man can ever have in his life. I would'nt trade my little kitten for all the riches in the world. This lady is priceless to me, like rare pearls.

My girl unfortunately can't drink it in large amounts because of the Japanese quirk (a lack of a vital gene involved in alcohol metabolism, my Chinese dad has the same problem) that makes her drunk and visibly sick too quickly. So she limits herself to one glass in a blue moon and chases it down with tea.

Werd! A good woman is the best thing that a man can ever have in his life. I would'nt trade my little kitten for all the riches in the world. This lady is priceless to me, like rare pearls.

My girl unfortunately can't drink it in large amounts because of the Japanese quirk (a lack of a vital gene involved in alcohol metabolism, my Chinese dad has the same problem) that makes her drunk and visibly sick too quickly. So she limits herself to one glass in a blue moon and chases it down with tea.

My babe, Melissa does the same thing too.

FOUR YEARS TURNING FIVE, PEOPLES. YES!!!!

I'll admit I had a good day today. Good way to close out a tough crazy week.

Stayed home all day, slept all day, cuddling with my girl Keiko under the covers, and posting away on this forum all day in fun conversation while chatting with friends and relatives simuntaneously. Helped her cook dinner (real simple, spagetti and meatballs), some quick house cleaning and did some research for Monday when I report back to work downloading diagnostic software and setting up a new virtual machine to play around with Windows 8 for the MCTS update. (She wanted to mess around with a playstation emulator another reason why i installed the virtual machine.

You need simple days like this to relax the soul you know. Friends were asking us to chill in the city today by Union Square and go movie hopping but we said the heck with it we needed that time alone today and just mellow out.

Life is good. It's good to keep it simple and have a lazy Saturday and do absolutely nothing once in a while. Werd. Sunday is going to be a crazy day as I have uncles coming from out od state as I was saying. Luckly for us they delayed the arrival in Queens until tommorow. That's when the drama starts lol.

OK I'll shut up now.

LOL... Beavis and Butthead was the sh*t back in the day... Good times man... Good times...

We are generation Y. We innovated in new ideas in pop culture and the entertainment arts. We had more variety in music.  We lived by the CD player and Windows 95.. We had Tower Records. ewe had REAL hip hop, house music and Drum n bass. We exposed the Area 51 conspiracy and got the CIA and those damn aliens running to the mountains. We was individualistic. We had LSD and better strains of cannibus. We had glow sticks. We had raves. There was no such thing as hipsters, we had hippies and free love. We were foaming over redbirds, R-10s on the (C) and R40 slants. We were there when the (B) was on the West End and the thought of even starting to build the SAS was laughable. We paved the way for the children of the 21st century. Yes, we are generation Y.

We are generation Y. We innovated in new ideas in pop culture and the entertainment arts. We had more variety in music.  We lived by the CD player and Windows 95.. We had Tower Records. ewe had REAL hip hop, house music and Drum n bass. We exposed the Area 51 conspiracy and got the CIA and those damn aliens running to the mountains. We was individualistic. We had LSD and better strains of cannibus. We had glow sticks. We had raves. There was no such thing as hipsters, we had hippies and free love. We were foaming over redbirds, R-10s on the (C) and R40 slants. We were there when the (B) was on the West End and the thought of even starting to build the SAS was laughable. We paved the way for the children of the 21st century. Yes, we are generation Y.

A perfect summary of who we are.

If it interests anyone at all, I seemed to have resolved resolved the conflict (previous page) in my relationship for the time being. Here's for hoping for the best!

Archived