Relationships

bentton316

Very true. A man needs to have his life straight before he can have another person in his life. Especially where it comes to marriage. But in a way if a girl shows you interest dont sell yourself short. Act quickly or the girl may get the impression you are not interested etc etc. But agreed on the LTR deal.

I said it before, Personally, I don't feel marriage is for me... I feel couples can be perfectly fine without marriage... I know folks who have not married and they are doing good without a marriage...

If any of you guys want to marry your lady, go for it! If you're like me, then that's also fine! Whatever works best for you...

I agree with FP... If you want to marry, DO NOT rush it... If she rejects, it's ok... When you're ready to try again, you just got to find a better time to do it...

At the same time, marriage doesn't have to be a big deal either.  Plenty of couples are dirt poor and they just go to City Hall and get the deal done and there's no big ceremony where you're spending thousands of dollars that you may or may not have.  I was talking about this with a B/O the other night and we both agreed that society has completely changed from just 10 - 20 years ago.  Being single is pretty common these days mainly due to how folks meet each other.  Oddly enough the chick that I hang out with I met online and then we agreed to meet over lunch which went pretty well. It was just like talking with a long time friend. We're both into art and into politics and other deep issues, so we can go to an art gallery or have an interesting conversation over dinner in Italian.  She came looking for me oddly enough and the reason was that she has mixed Italian kids and with me being a mixed Italian as well and both of us having grown up here but having lived in Italy, we share a lot in common.  

If anything, I'd say we're really good friends and I really respect her for the job that she does with her two little ones.  They had to come over from Italy and learn English which is not so easy since they live in heavily Spanish speaking area of the city.

As for the whole marriage thing, a good friend of mine got married when he was in his 20s and they split because they just rushed things and did things too soon.  They recently got back together again and have a kid together, so sometimes it's best to wait.  

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the same time, marriage doesn't have to be a big deal either.  Plenty of couples are dirt poor and they just go to City Hall and get the deal done and there's no big ceremony where you're spending thousands of dollars that you may or may not have.  I was talking about this with a B/O the other night and we both agreed that society has completely changed from just 10 - 20 years ago.  Being single is pretty common these days mainly due to how folks meet each other.  Oddly enough the chick that I hang out with I met online and then we agreed to meet over lunch which went pretty well. It was just like talking with a long time friend. We're both into art and into politics and other deep issues, so we can go to an art gallery or have an interesting conversation over dinner in Italian.  She came looking for me oddly enough and the reason was that she has mixed Italian kids and with me being a mixed Italian as well and both of us having grown up here but having lived in Italy, we share a lot in common.  

If anything, I'd say we're really good friends and I really respect her for the job that she does with her two little ones.  They had to come over from Italy and learn English which is not so easy since they live in heavily Spanish speaking area of the city.

As for the whole marriage thing, a good friend of mine got married when he was in his 20s and they split because they just rushed things and did things too soon.  They recently got back together again and have a kid together, so sometimes it's best to wait.

That shoud place some hope in the dudes that may think that they may not find that girl because of hard economic times. A person could meet that girl in college. I did.

Yeah agreed on last paragraph. Really I have to make sure everything is in order before my bride to be has my first child.

Not speaking for NYCTrainfan but those points can be applied to me

Well guys I need some advice....

I really like this girl, but she likes this other guy. Now I know I'm about to get the "Let her go then." treatment (mainly because I've been getting it a lot throughout my life), but I really love this girl. I've bought her stuff a lot so I think she gets the hint, but I don't know whether I should make a move or quit wasting my time. 

I really like this girl, but she likes this other guy. Now I know I'm about to get the "Let her go then." treatment (mainly because I've been getting it a lot throughout my life), but I really love this girl. I've bought her stuff a lot so I think she gets the hint, but I don't know whether I should make a move or quit wasting my time. 

LOL... Well the question is has she reciprocated in any way? BTW no girl that I know of will ever turn down a gift so I'm sure she just smiles and says thank you or whatever.  I would start by asking her if she wanted to hang out (not like that but find some BS excuse to see how you could spend some time with her outside of class and then see what she says).  

Is the other guy a popular yo yo type? If some some chicks dig that. They like the rough necks... The good guys always finish last ...  :lol:

You don't wanna be quick to jump to a proposal. What if she's not ready to get married?

There's videos all over YouTube of dudes proposing and then getting rejected cuz she not ready

Works differently for celebrities though. For example: if I proposed to one, she'd probably say yes, and then we'd divorce before she even pops the morning after pill.

I said it before, Personally, I don't feel marriage is for me... I feel couples can be perfectly fine without marriage... I know folks who have not married and they are doing good without a marriage...

If any of you guys want to marry your lady, go for it! If you're like me, then that's also fine! Whatever works best for you...

I agree with FP... If you want to marry, DO NOT rush it... If she rejects, it's ok... When you're ready to try again, you just got to find a better time to do it...

Some guys feel that marriage is like being chained or bound to a rock. My opinion is somewhere in between.

A person could meet that girl in college. I did.

I'm practically old enough that I shouldn't be dating anyone wearing a book bag, though I look like jailbait. I haven't finished college though, so I might go back just for the girls.

That reminds me of my own situation a few years back... I really liked this girl in HS... She and I where close but she saw me no more than a friend... I attempted to keep trying my luck with her... I will admit I tried all HS... Hell, I even got her flowers for her birthday... When I did that, I didn't know something that was going on... (See post to VG8) Long story short, after HS we didn't talk much... I backed off a bit... She ends up finding and dating another guy...

She is currently dating this guy... In a twist of irony, the said guy has a similar name to mines... At first I was a bit sad... Then I got over it...

My advice to you is that if she's still single, Keep trying... be a bit persistent... You'll never know... If she ends up dating the guy she likes, tip your cap and move on... It's not worth going after someone who doesn't see you as a potential partner...  There are many females out here... You're still young so keep looking! :)

LOL... Well the question is has she reciprocated in any way? BTW no girl that I know of will ever turn down a gift so I'm sure she just smiles and says thank you or whatever.  I would start by asking her if she wanted to hang out (not like that but find some BS excuse to see how you could spend some time with her outside of class and then see what she says).  

Is the other guy a popular yo yo type? If some some chicks dig that. They like the rough necks... The good guys always finish last ...  :lol:

You've got that right... If you read my post to Transitkid, When I was giving flowers to my crush, she accepted them but I later find out from a friend that she was dating someone at the time... So she accepts my gift, not give me a chance for a date beforehand (When she was single) and on top of that, she's dating someone else who later admits she went out with the dude but had no interest in him other than him skateboarding? Unbelievable... <_< Had I known, I wouldn't have given any gift... I stopped being so nice with females after this...

She's a sweet girl but really bad choices on guys I tell you...

Yep... Nice guys get shunned for the "Bad Boys"... I hate it when females are like "Where are the good guys?" <_< I swear...

Works differently for celebrities though. For example: if I proposed to one, she'd probably say yes, and then we'd divorce before she even pops the morning after pill.

Some guys feel that marriage is like being chained or bound to a rock. My opinion is somewhere in between.

I'm practically old enough that I shouldn't be dating anyone wearing a book bag, though I look like jailbait. I haven't finished college though, so I might go back just for the girls.

LOL... Like Kim's wedding? Or Brittney's fail of a "Marriage"? 

My stance on marriage is because I feel two people don't need to marry to make things work or be happy... Don't get me wrong, I'm not against marriage a a whole but I'm not for it... If folks want to get married, more power to them... Folks are also happy with not getting married also...

In a marriage, if things go south, The courts usually favor females...

College girls eh? ;) Go get them bro lol...

@ Censin: Speaking of which, I did tell you right? I might finish my Nursing degree. Problem is how do I do it? I'll have to find a better situation, I'll figure it out.  I can't just tell kitten to stop going to school herself, I will have to wait on her. In actually really close to finishing it, all I need in one year of clinicals and some majr intensive courses. It should take me two semesters and a summer and that's it. I had to stop because of a serious accident that found me with a mescinus tear on my knee. So here I am in IT.

IT field works on contracts so this is going to not be easy. Plus I have another heart and mind to deal with.

I might have to do this in parts. If I succeed I can say goodbye to IT, because 45 dollars to start in a steady field will put me in a solid position to consider starting a family. Believe it or not I am the only male in the US from my Chinese side that could be in a position to have a son bearing my family name. I'm not sure why the rest of my uncles are childless.

I'll admit that family situation is depressing so I guess I will have to do it and have a son if it works out that way. I know Keiko is more that willing to have my child but I'm the one telling her she has to finish school first. And I willing to wait. I don't want to see her pregnant and cooking in the kitchen withut a degree and profession. I want to see her a successful professional Asian American woman in life making moves. It would be good for her.

That's why being in an LTR can be challenging. Am I going through a mid-life crisis? Lol.

That reminds me of my own situation a few years back... I really liked this girl in HS... She and I where close but she saw me no more than a friend... I attempted to keep trying my luck with her... I will admit I tried all HS... Hell, I even got her flowers for her birthday... When I did that, I didn't know something that was going on... (See post to VG8) Long story short, after HS we didn't talk much... I backed off a bit... She ends up finding and dating another guy...

She is currently dating this guy... In a twist of irony, the said guy has a similar name to mines... At first I was a bit sad... Then I got over it...

My advice to you is that if she's still single, Keep trying... be a bit persistent... You'll never know... If she ends up dating the guy she likes, tip your cap and move on... It's not worth going after someone who doesn't see you as a potential partner...  There are many females out here... You're still young so keep looking! :)

You've got that right... If you read my post to Transitkid, When I was giving flowers to my crush, she accepted them but I later find out from a friend that she was dating someone at the time... So she accepts my gift, not give me a chance for a date beforehand (When she was single) and on top of that, she's dating someone else who later admits she went out with the dude but had no interest in him other than him skateboarding? Unbelievable... <_< Had I known, I wouldn't have given any gift... I stopped being so nice with females after this...

She's a sweet girl but really bad choices on guys I tell you...

Yep... Nice guys get shunned for the "Bad Boys"... I hate it when females are like "Where are the good guys?" <_< I swear...

LOL... Yep, that's the way it goes... I don't take any sh*t from women either... Be nice and most of them will try to take advantage... When I go out to dinner or whatever with the chick I hang out with I usually pay, but she doesn't like to take advantage so she'll offer to pay the tip which I allow her to do since that's what she likes to do since she likes to be independent and all.  She never expects me to pay though.  I usually just tell the waiter to bring me the bill and then I let her know that I'm paying.

When I took her out to lunch the first time we met in person, I took her to one of my fancy Italian spots down near Union Square.  Bill was $80.00+ or so for lunch, but I did most of the eating and drinking.Bottle of Italian wine yada yada yada... lol... She was too busy yacking with me to really eat. Funny chick I tell ya... She actually left early and I was kinda pissed off because she just left so briskly, but after getting to know her better and knowing how much she cares for her two kids, I was cool with it because she left early because she had to pick her kids from school, which she had told me about in advance and said she couldn't afford to eat at the place I took her so I already knew that I was inviting her for lunch.  She did thank me and all so I took it as buying lunch for a good friend since at this point we are just good friends.  I am not up for getting into any relationships with chicks with kids... No no no... I don't have any now and I don't want any, so we just see each other when she has free time from the kids.  Eventually when I'm up for it, I'll meet them, but for now we just chat about them when we're hanging out together.

LOL... Yep, that's the way it goes... I don't take any sh*t from women either... Be nice and most of them will try to take advantage... When I go out to dinner or whatever with the chick I hang out with I usually pay, but she doesn't like to take advantage so she'll offer to pay the tip which I allow her to do since that's what she likes to do since she likes to be independent and all.  She never expects me to pay though.  I usually just tell the waiter to bring me the bill and then I let her know that I'm paying.

When I took her out to lunch the first time we met in person, I took her to one of my fancy Italian spots down near Union Square.  Bill was $80.00+ or so for lunch, but I did most of the eating and drinking.Bottle of Italian wine yada yada yada... lol... She was too busy yacking with me to really eat. Funny chick I tell ya... She actually left early and I was kinda pissed off because she just left so briskly, but after getting to know her better and knowing how much she cares for her two kids, I was cool with it because she left early because she had to pick her kids from school, which she had told me about in advance and said she couldn't afford to eat at the place I took her so I already knew that I was inviting her for lunch.  She did thank me and all so I took it as buying lunch for a good friend since at this point we are just good friends.  I am not up for getting into any relationships with chicks with kids... No no no... I don't have any now and I don't want any, so we just see each other when she has free time from the kids.  Eventually when I'm up for it, I'll meet them, but for now we just chat about them when we're hanging out together.

Yep... They'll take advantage of your generosity... Or they'll mess around with your emotions... 

A friend of mine was attempting to get to know an Asian girl near his work place... He started to chat with her... After a while, he tells me that he asked for her number to get to know her better... Turns out that the number she gave him was a fake NIS number... He's was furious and vowed to give her a piece of his mind if he saw her again... He told me he went back to the same store but she wasn't there... Females are tricky and hard to understand at times and we're suppose to be the bad ones in their eyes... <_< I rather have a female tell me no from the get go than lead me on... I don't fall for their traps anymore...

I hear you... I don't really want to date a female with kids either especially females around my age with kids... I don't mind kids much and want to have kids of my own one day though... It's sad that a lot more females are having kids young... Saw this 13-14 year old with a kid... I thought that was that kid's sister.... 

Yep... They'll take advantage of your generosity... Or they'll mess around with your emotions... 

A friend of mine was attempting to get to know an Asian girl near his work place... He started to chat with her... After a while, he tells me that he asked for her number to get to know her better... Turns out that the number she gave him was a fake NIS number... He's was furious and vowed to give her a piece of his mind if he saw her again... He told me he went back to the same store but she wasn't there... Females are tricky and hard to understand at times and we're suppose to be the bad ones in their eyes... <_< I rather have a female tell me no from the get go than lead me on... I don't fall for their traps anymore...

I hear you... I don't really want to date a female with kids either especially females around my age with kids... I don't mind kids much and want to have kids of my own one day though... It's sad that a lot more females are having kids young... Saw this 13-14 year old with a kid... I thought that was that kid's sister....

Asian girls are the toughest to find dates with I'll admit. It took a concerted effort to get mines. Many reasons as to why Asian girls are like that.

Absolutely. Asian girls are ridiculously gorgeous, period, they camn make your heart melt and your knees buckle. That's one of the things that gets me hynotized about kitten. She's a gorgeous Asian woman.

I'm telling you there nothing like coming home to a good woman. But really good women are rare because of the overall cruel state of society. Narcassism, wickedness lack of affection and greed.

LOL... She probably did that because she knew he would've been pissed off had she said no to him in person.  That's the other issue with women... They're either looking you over like you're piece of meat, or they think you're a total creep, as in some crazy rapist. lol You know us men are supposed to be dogs... I was chatting with my B/O buddy tonight on the BxM2 about that and man he was telling me stories about these old yentas on BxM4... You got some real crazies on the Grand Concourse apparently...  :lol:

LOL... She probably did that because she knew he would've been pissed off had she said no to him in person.  That's the other issue with women... They're either looking you over like you're piece of meat, or they think you're a total creep, as in some crazy rapist. lol You know us men are supposed to be dogs... I was chatting with my B/O buddy tonight on the BxM2 about that and man he was telling me stories about these old yentas on BxM4... You got some real crazies on the Grand Concourse apparently...  :lol:

There are some bugged out characters along the Grand Concourse.

I know...

Me and my lady have the understanding that we cannot get married until we get our shit together and have the money to back it up. Life is too damn short to rush into a commitment, thinking than you're ready for the next step. The lesson is: Don't lie to yourself and be grateful for what you have now. Me and Melissa are happy with what's currently now and hope later in life we can be ready to be happily. Enjoy life and appreciate it as well.

I'm starting to figure out that I think the best enviorment for kitten is NOT in NYC. It's making her seriously depressed and she wants to get out there into a different enviorment. I'm getting worried.

Recently she was in my arms on the (D) both of us going to work and she's quietly sobbing in my arms. (Major problems as you well know) I'm thinking strongly from the signs she is getting is the culture shock. Now I've already sent out resumes to maryland and Virginia. My uncle in Maryland owns a three bedroom palace in Essex county in MD. I already have a car that takes care of that. Her nursing credits can definitely be transferred to the colleges in those states we did the research.

So yeah like you and Melissa, Keiko and myself are fighting hard to get our shit together too. I'm glad I am clearing the air here. We are not living in extravagance. We are struggling here but clinging to each other like lovebirds here not giving up.

At the same time, marriage doesn't have to be a big deal either. Plenty of couples are dirt poor and they just go to City Hall and get the deal done and there's no big ceremony where you're spending thousands of dollars that you may or may not have

This is where I'm at VG8. You mentioned about people who are not exactly rich (like us, she's in school and I am killing myself at work) who still get married. She is attached to me I can see it and does'nt want to let me go, which is great. I don't either.

Maybe moving out of state is the answer. Everyone knows I've been talking bout it here and there. My uncle offered his whole house and I've been there before. She will be in a beautiful home in a beautiful area in Maryland that is comparable to even Riverdale (no sarcasm I mean this seriously).

There is a reasonable IT sector in Washington DC in the outskirts, and there is a huge Korean American community in the area where we may be at. 1 hour drive from Essex County. Well many ppl move out of NYC for a reason. One of the reasons being with stresses of city life. I think we both had enough.

Dating for me is the easy part I get the game pretty well. Being in a LTR is NOT. But it brings it's obvious rewards.

This is where I'm at VG8. You mentioned about people who are not exactly rich (like us, she's in school and I am killing myself at work) who still get married. She is attached to me I can see it and does'nt want to let me go, which is great. I don't either.

Maybe moving out of state is the answer. Everyone knows I've been talking bout it here and there. My uncle offered his whole house and I've been there before. She will be in a beautiful home in a beautiful area in Maryland that is comparable to even Riverdale (no sarcasm I mean this seriously).

There is a reasonable IT sector in Washington DC in the outskirts, and there is a huge Korean American community in the area where we may be at. 1 hour drive from Essex County. Well many ppl move out of NYC for a reason. One of the reasons being with stresses of city life. I think we both had enough.

Dating for me is the easy part I get the game pretty well. Being in a LTR is NOT. But it brings it's obvious rewards.

Well NYC isn't for everyone and it isn't cheap to live here if you want to live in a nice neighborhood... I find myself escaping to the serenity of Riverdale more and more.  Much cleaner, quieter, greener and laid back compared to the city with the filth and the tourists all about. <_<   As for the houses, yes, I can picture that... A lot of the architecture here in Riverdale in terms of houses can be compared to Connecticut or in some well-to-do neighborhood...  Maryland has some very upscale neighborhoods with historical homes like we have here in Riverdale.

Ahhh, sounds like she has the right man to be with. If you got it, give it to her. Be sure that both of you will be happy about the move, but at the same make her happy. Melissa is in a situation were she is always fighting with her parent. Now I feel that it's my move to make the step. I really need to move out and find a place, just me and her. In about half the year, I'll finally have to money to save up for a place.

Melissa and I had our ups and downs. She still stuck by me even when I was jobless from August last year through February now. I'm proud to say that being with her for five years has been wonderful. We both can't leave each other at all even if we are miles apart. She deserves better but she loves me all the same, so actually it's pretty much she deserve better from me. At least that's what I've understood and believed.

Can't wait until my date tonight. Taking her to Olive Garden, dudes! She deserves it and she's been asking me for weeks now. lol ^_^;)

Ahhh, sounds like she has the right man to be with. If you got it, give it to her. Be sure that both of you will be happy about the move, but at the same make her happy. Melissa is in a situation were she is always fighting with her parent. Now I feel that it's my move to make the step. I really need to move out and find a place, just me and her. In about half the year, I'll finally have to money to save up for a place.

Melissa and I had our ups and downs. She still stuck by me even when I was jobless from August last year through February now. I'm proud to say that being with her for five years has been wonderful. We both can't leave each other at all even if we are miles apart. She deserves better but she loves me all the same, so actually it's pretty much she deserve better from me. At least that's what I've understood and believed.

Can't wait until my date tonight. Taking her to Olive Garden, dudes! She deserves it and she's been asking me for weeks now. lol ^_^;)

LOL@Olive Garden... Don't forget the breadsticks...  :lol:

Well NYC isn't for everyone and it isn't cheap to live here if you want to live in a nice neighborhood... I find myself escaping to the serenity of Riverdale more and more.  Much cleaner, quieter, greener and laid back compared to the city with the filth and the tourists all about. <_<  

...and much more boring. Place has nothing going on at night, at all! I'd trade 'filth' for a lively neighborhood any day of the week. ;) 

--

Totally unrelated note, ever notice how much of a deal height makes when it comes to who you look at? I could never see myself with a girl more then four or so inches shorter than me cause then you start bending down, but same time any woman more than an inch or so taller than you gets to be a weird dynamic whatwith looking up to your girl. I'm fine with eye level or looking a little down, but it'd kill me to be looking up all the time... 

Totally unrelated note, ever notice how much of a deal height makes when it comes to who you look at? I could never see myself with a girl more then four or so inches shorter than me cause then you start bending down, but same time any woman more than an inch or so taller than you gets to be a weird dynamic whatwith looking up to your girl. I'm fine with eye level or looking a little down, but it'd kill me to be looking up all the time...

I don't mind as long as she's light enough to lift with my arms. I've been lifting weights for that.

Archived