Relationships

bentton316

Five years? Damn, sorry to ask but where did it go wrong?

It's just that, as of now, we're just slowly working it out. All I can say is that, I don't know what happened but she has some trust issues that need to be worked out because I'm getting too old for this. In a way, I really want to be there for her but it's hard to that if she pushes ya away. Like seriously.....

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just that, as of now, we're just slowly working it out. All I can say is that, I don't know what happened but she has some trust issues that need to be worked out because I'm getting too old for this. In a way, I really want to be there for her but it's hard to that if she pushes ya away. Like seriously.....

Yeah basically what Mr. Turbo said. Not sure what the whole deal is, but that's true. Establishing trust with your girl takes time even as when you are initially pursing that little honey you gotta make that first move, at the right time, quickly and with authority (If she is giving the telltale signs that she has a definite interest in you, you know, the body signals (little genuine smiles, playing with her hair, coming in close, pressing on you, wanting to act silly with you and all that jazz etc etc -- you can even tell by her omninous stares when she looks at you). But not in all cases, I have to note that. If you're really feeling it for this girl, and the chemistry is definitely there you can muster that patience until she comes to. We're all only human, know what I mean? We all can be preoccupied sometimes with many things.

It took a entire year and many, many dates before she was finally down to be with me. It was tough because this had a degree of long distance dating involved.

Love can overcome a long distance relationship, I handled it very well. I just don't want to be with anyone who doesn't trust me. BTW congratulations realizm!! I expected it sooner or later.

Love can overcome a long distance relationship, I handled it very well. I just don't want to be with anyone who doesn't trust me. BTW congratulations realizm!! I expected it sooner or later.

Thank you sir! 

Indeed that's great alejr88 you was able to hold it down on your long distance relationship. It's not easy, but it can be done. On the issue on trust, I hear you, but just keep in mind that a man and woman have to develop trust in a relationship. It is an acquired quality that has to be built up in an intimate relationship.

Me? Working both jobs today. On a Friday. During a blizzard. Oh gee I'm having a blast. And I have to work on Saturday too. I swear I'm gonna  blow a blood vessel. Whatever I'll get used to this. At IT helpdesk on the second job tonight, no runs on site in the field for tech service, thank goodness, in no mood to drive the company car like a maniac in icy road conditions then take the stupid train home during a phase 1 emergency preparedness plan with delays to boot. Just came from the other helpdesk IT job and it ws'nt that bust since so many ppl called in sick because of the nor'easter. So it ain't that bad this morning ort tonight anyway. 14 hours total today. Damn I'm tired. I need a beer. Or two.

Over one girl who I love. Lol. That's life. Wait until you get engaged to a lady or married....

That isn't on my mind as of now, I'm just patiently waiting to meet a chick that is worth going all out for. Seems around here in the South Bronx (you should know this too since you live here) these females aren't worth it. They're mostly golddiggers and attention seeking w***es. Might have to find one away from NYC (maybe Canada?). I Want to be a trucker but need a driver's license first so I can get out of here lol, I love trucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, folks: I'm about to embark on this treacherous journey called "love." Someone has to make the first move, and this time, it's going to be me. No more clever schemes for exciting dates… time to put to use the ones I already made.

I forgot about this thread, got a little friend who moved here to the Bronx. I asked her out to the movies so I'll see how I go from there. Gonna ask her out again on Saturday if its possible.

Well, folks: I'm about to embark on this treacherous journey called "love." Someone has to make the first move, and this time, it's going to be me. No more clever schemes for exciting dates… time to put to use the ones I already made.

Exactly. You know it, it's prime time.

Took me many tries to figure that out lol. The man should make the first move *if* the interest is there and it shows in the woman by her obvious behavior around you, all flirty, buzzing around you and stuff. That's what most women expect. They don't want to protray themselves as 'sluts' so they would want the man to take the initiative. Usually.

I forgot about this thread, got a little friend who moved here to the Bronx. I asked her out to the movies so I'll see how I go from there. Gonna ask her out again on Saturday if its possible.

You're on the right track. Exactly.

By the way, forgot to mention that I did went to the movies with her and my sisters on Wednesday night. Too bad she has plans on Saturday, I can save it for another time but I can say that we connected really well. Gonna have to try harder to get that kiss from her and flirt with her a bit as well.

As long as her younger brother doesn't cockblock me is all good.

By the way, forgot to mention that I did went to the movies with her and my sisters on Wednesday night. Too bad she has plans on Saturday, I can save it for another time but I can say that we connected really well. Gonna have to try harder to get that kiss from her and flirt with her a bit as well.

As long as her younger brother doesn't cockblock me is all good.

I cockblock my sister's guy friends all the time. In fact, sometimes I'm called out specifically to keep weirdos away.

I cockblock my sister's guy friends all the time. In fact, sometimes I'm called out specifically to keep weirdos away.

You don't even even know how fortunate you are. I am the only sibling and never had a brother and sister who had my back when I had beef or in finanicial trouble, dude you are blessed. You know what? If I had a sister and had freaks all around her I'll be cockblocking like mad with a bat. Don't blame you.

If I had a sister and had freaks all around her I'll be cockblocking like mad with a bat. Don't blame you.

Lol, bats, bringing me back to nights growing up when my pops was out and I had to be the 'family guard,' talk about running the door with my Little League baseball bat haha...

You know what? If I had a sister and had freaks all around her I'll be cockblocking like mad with a bat.

Blunt weapons? I just try to look like her boyfriend. It's the most non-violent and efficient way to get the job done.

Blunt weapons? I just try to look like her boyfriend. It's the most non-violent and efficient way to get the job done.

Long story short, I had a girl who was ABC, she was a good friend of mine who was being stalked for two semesters in college, tried to pose as her boyfriend, that did'nt work, so I sort of had to let him know what will happen if he continues to bother her. He would take pictures of her without her knowing. And he's known to have this obsession with Japanese models, I think if I remember, Aki Hoshino in particular. You can put the rest of the puzzle together and see why I threatened to f**k him up if he did'nt leave her alone.

Long story short, I had a girl who was ABC, she was a good friend of mine who was being stalked for two semesters in college, tried to pose as her boyfriend, that did'nt work, so I sort of had to let him know what will happen if he continues to bother her. He would take pictures of her without her knowing. And he's known to have this obsession with Japanese models, I think if I remember, Aki Hoshino in particular. You can put the rest of the puzzle together and see why I threatened to f**k him up if he did'nt leave her alone.

Maybe some people need second encounters to get the message. :) The basic formula is still the same: show them that they cannot get the girl.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's something....

I have a colleague of mine who I formally worked with who just called me yesterday evening. He was in a relationship with a girl, long story short they ended up in a dispute and it went to court. They had a child. Now he is trapped in providing child support, he lost his car, and many other items that are repossessed while his ex-GF is blowing the money instead of investing it on their child. He doesn't even have privileges to see his child right now. They are not even married!

Now that is sad because I know for sure that he was never abusive to his GF. SHE is and screwed him in civil court ruining his life. Now he is forced to work a minimum wage job, giving up the venture in the IT field to be able to pay the minimum on child support before he goes bankrupt and even homeless. Right now he lives in a dinky room while his GF is chillin in a house. Unbelievable. It shows that the courts employ female privilege when it comes to divorce disputes. 

Point? Dudes, be careful who you get involved with. Particularly if you are in a relationship and you get your girl pregnant.

I may have a child soon. (NO she's not pregnant, just saying, but it can happen) So all I can say is that I think I made the right choice in the woman who may have my child. I know for sure that she sincerely loves me more than my own mom even. Being a father is no simple matter, you better make sure in all seriousness you are prepared for the challenges ahead if a man decides to go all the way and have a wife with family.

I don't even know why I am saying this, it's a weird feeling, sometimes I just have this gut feeling that I might be a dad soon with this girl and I better be ready to take the next step in adulthood ......

I hope I am not exasperating ppl with my posts lately. I don't mean to boast. I sincerely am sick in love with this girl, and she must be on my mind 24-7. I even dream about her while she is sleeping right next to me. I think I'm possessed. Being in love with a good woman is a phenomenon. Let me stop here. Obviously kitten knows I post here on this forum.

Here's something....

I have a colleague of mine who I formally worked with who just called me yesterday evening. He was in a relationship with a girl, long story short they ended up in a dispute and it went to court. They had a child. Now he is trapped in providing child support, he lost his car, and many other items that are repossessed while his ex-GF is blowing the money instead of investing it on their child. He doesn't even have privileges to see his child right now. They are not even married!

Now that is sad because I know for sure that he was never abusive to his GF. SHE is and screwed him in civil court ruining his life. Now he is forced to work a minimum wage job, giving up the venture in the IT field to be able to pay the minimum on child support before he goes bankrupt and even homeless. Right now he lives in a dinky room while his GF is chillin in a house. Unbelievable. It shows that the courts employ female privilege when it comes to divorce disputes. 

Point? Dudes, be careful who you get involved with. Particularly if you are in a relationship and you get your girl pregnant.

I may have a child soon. (NO she's not pregnant, just saying, but it can happen) So all I can say is that I think I made the right choice in the woman who may have my child. I know for sure that she sincerely loves me more than my own mom even. Being a father is no simple matter, you better make sure in all seriousness you are prepared for the challenges ahead if a man decides to go all the way and have a wife with family.

I don't even know why I am saying this, it's a weird feeling, sometimes I just have this gut feeling that I might be a dad soon with this girl and I better be ready to take the next step in adulthood ......

Thanks for the heads up bro. I know it's paradoxical to both be wary of a girlfriend and trust her at the same time, but guys do have to remember the courts and public opinion are usually on the side of the girl when things go wrong.

Again guys don't wait too long. If you wait too long she leaves. You should snatch her before she disappears, and if you know she is the right one then propose. Don't be scared PROPOSE.

You don't wanna be quick to jump to a proposal. What if she's not ready to get married?

There's videos all over YouTube of dudes proposing and then getting rejected cuz she not ready

Me and my lady have the understanding that we cannot get married until we get our shit together and have the money to back it up. Life is too damn short to rush into a commitment, thinking than you're ready for the next step. The lesson is: Don't lie to yourself and be grateful for what you have now. Me and Melissa are happy with what's currently now and hope later in life we can be ready to be happily. Enjoy life and appreciate it as well.

Me and my lady have the understanding that we cannot get married until we get our shit together and have the money to back it up. Life is too damn short to rush into a commitment, thinking than you're ready for the next step. The lesson is: Don't lie to yourself and be grateful for what you have now. Me and Melissa are happy with what's currently now and hope later in life we can be ready to be happily. Enjoy life and appreciate it as well.

Very true. A man needs to have his life straight before he can have another person in his life. Especially where it comes to marriage. But in a way if a girl shows you interest dont sell yourself short. Act quickly or the girl may get the impression you are not interested etc etc. But agreed on the LTR deal.

I said it before, Personally, I don't feel marriage is for me... I feel couples can be perfectly fine without marriage... I know folks who have not married and they are doing good without a marriage...

If any of you guys want to marry your lady, go for it! If you're like me, then that's also fine! Whatever works best for you...

I agree with FP... If you want to marry, DO NOT rush it... If she rejects, it's ok... When you're ready to try again, you just got to find a better time to do it...

That is the least I'm thinking about right now even if I'm single or in a relationship. I'm the kind of person that if I want to get married, I hope it and only will be once. I'll only propose to the woman who I believe is right for me. One who will be there through your success and struggles. The one you can say is also your best friend and have an enormous amount of trust to tell her anything and to be loyal to her. I'll write more but I'll leave it at that, you all get the deal.

Archived