Relationships

bentton316

That moment after the argument when.....

:mellow: + :ph34r: 

Pray for me guys. It was a long night....

Now I get it. Sorry for being so nieve. Out of the loop here, been a while since I even lurked on this site since the end of April, then logged in altogether (today).

Perhaps Mellissa may cool off and come to her senses. I'm with you. I've got into arguements with Keiko which was not pretty to say the least. We had to take breaks from the relationship and let our heads cool off then we come to an agreement to work harder on the relationship and improve ourselves. Indeed progress has been made.

I can't say what will happen in the future withy Mellissa but you cannot rule out the fact that she may come to her senses, then you can save the relationship. If not, f**k it, bury that in the past. Plenty of women out here from NYC to Tokyo. The sky's the limit.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was friend zoned too and at first I was like you... I then realized that it is the person who friend zoned that is losing out and not you... There are many more females to try for... Don't let something like that shatter your confidence...

The worst response you can ever receive from a female is if she tells you you're not "cute". I dealt with that nonsense in HS.

The worst response you can ever receive from a female is if she tells you you're not "cute". I dealt with that nonsense in HS.

I feel the worst response is getting friendzoned... Don't worry bro, Many females out there are going to find you cute... Just got to know where to look! ;)

Yep... They'll take advantage of your generosity... Or they'll mess around with your emotions... 

A friend of mine was attempting to get to know an Asian girl near his work place... He started to chat with her... After a while, he tells me that he asked for her number to get to know her better... Turns out that the number she gave him was a fake NIS number... He's was furious and vowed to give her a piece of his mind if he saw her again... He told me he went back to the same store but she wasn't there... Females are tricky and hard to understand at times and we're suppose to be the bad ones in their eyes... <_< I rather have a female tell me no from the get go than lead me on... I don't fall for their traps anymore...

I hear you... I don't really want to date a female with kids either especially females around my age with kids... I don't mind kids much and want to have kids of my own one day though... It's sad that a lot more females are having kids young... Saw this 13-14 year old with a kid... I thought that was that kid's sister.... 

Asian girls are the toughest to find dates with I'll admit. It took a concerted effort to get mines. Many reasons as to why Asian girls are like that.

I have to take that comment back.

Moving into the country, I've observed that the Asian American girls here are in fact not like NYC Asian American girls at all! To the contrary here where I am living now since I moved with kitten, the locals here who are of Asian American descent are in fact very much open to dating men of color, surprisingly and delightfully so. I've seen much more Asian ladies dating or married to men of color in Maryland, also Virginia. I'm not saying tell your friend pack your bags and move out but just as to give you some insight here for your friend, in general, it seems Asian girls are much more open to dating men of other ethnicities out here, out of state. The social dynamics are different. Speaking as an Asian man born out of an interracial marriage for the record.

In a supermarket in my town just yesterday I had to explain to two beautiful Chinese ladies whom approached me with obvious interest that I am already in a serious relationship with a Japanese woman and about to have a child, and showed them my ring.

On that note I had my fill of some good beer and food, great day, going to log off now, turn the dang computer off, go up into my bedroom, cuddle up with kitten under the covers and fall into a deep sleep with her in my arms.....

I have to take that comment back.

Moving into the country, I've observed that the Asian American girls here are in fact not like NYC Asian American girls at all! To the contrary here where I am living now since I moved with kitten, the locals here who are of Asian American descent are in fact very much open to dating men of color, surprisingly and delightfully so. I've seen much more Asian ladies dating or married to men of color in Maryland, also Virginia. I'm not saying tell your friend pack your bags and move out but just as to give you some insight here for your friend, in general, it seems Asian girls are much more open to dating men of other ethnicities out here, out of state. The social dynamics are different. Speaking as an Asian man born out of an interracial marriage for the record.

In a supermarket in my town just yesterday I had to explain to two beautiful Chinese ladies whom approached me with obvious interest that I am already in a serious relationship with a Japanese woman and about to have a child, and showed them my ring.

On that note I had my fill of some good beer and food, great day, going to log off now, turn the dang computer off, go up into my bedroom, cuddle up with kitten under the covers and fall into a deep sleep with her in my arms.....

Wow... Didn't really know that... I'll tell my friend that... That's something I'll keep in mind too...

As a male, I'm not "cute".... So that never bothered me, even during elementary, middle, and HS.....

Never had a chick tell me I'm not handsome or good looking (to my face anyway)..... I would get the ones that would talk shit behind the scenes about me, then come to later find out that they really wanted to holla... Of course, I found none of those chicks remotely attractive, so it was no harm, no foul AFAIC (this was also in HS).....

I feel the worst response is getting friendzoned... Don't worry bro, Many females out there are going to find you cute... Just got to know where to look! ;)

Yup, which is basically a female's way of saying "I don't want you, like that"..... Instead of outright & overtly saying NO (like guys would), you'll get a (feminine) female that'll try to let you down easy with that whole friend zone shit... As if to say, "I don't wanna f***, but we can still be chill" - It's all under a guise..... Us dudes OTOH (for the most part, before I get someone in here talkin about "not all" or "don't speak for me" or some shit like that), we want nothin to do with a chick that don't want us sexually......

If you're a guy, you should take the concept of "friendship" from a female with a grain of salt.... Always.

The way a female views friendship (which IMO is very fickle) & the way a guy views a friendship (rather seriously) is hardly the same....

It's either she "wants you like that", or she doesn't.... Period.

The guys that still chase women that have put them in a box (the so-called friend zone) thinking that she'll eventually cave in to his persistence b/c they believe it's a game of cat & mouse (a.k.a hard-to-get), will always come out losing in the end.... Nothing good (romantic-wise/relationship-wise) can emanate from a situation like that.... Guys create more problems for themselves by engaging in that pu**yhounding crap - More of us (guys) need to realize this & move the hell on to the next chick.....

It's sad to see MF-ers drooling over & simping & white knighting & otherwise tryna get in good graces with a chick that does not want you sexually.... Quite frankly, I think it's god damn pathetic.....

"That's the best lookin chick I've ever seen in my life - Until I saw another chick that looks even BETTER"

Lmfao !

Might as well move out of New York when I can. Hopefully I can find the woman of my dreams elsewhere since there is no hope here.

Most women here are very rude too.

NYC has the reputation for being a place for singles..... It's only getting worse (for finding a mate you'd deem suitable) because you have that many more people migrating here on their individual grinds.... In other words, too many ppl. in this city are thinking about themselves w/ the high cost of living they have to worry about living comfortably here in.... This goes for men & women alike - which is why at an increasing rate, you're gonna hear these same type of statements you're making from a growing amt. of ppl here

{i.e., hope that the grass is greener on the other side (so to speak) & raise a family outside of the hustle & bustle of the city-life}

* btw, when I say "a place for singles", I don't necessarily mean a place for singles to find mates.... I mean a place for singles to have a good time, as singles (this includes as singles, with friends/acquaintances)....

Yup, which is basically a female's way of saying "I don't want you, like that"..... Instead of outright & overtly saying NO (like guys would), you'll get a (feminine) female that'll try to let you down easy with that whole friend zone shit... As if to say, "I don't wanna f***, but we can still be chill" - It's all under a guise..... Us dudes OTOH (for the most part, before I get someone in here talkin about "not all" or "don't speak for me" or some shit like that), we want nothin to do with a chick that don't want us sexually......

If you're a guy, you should take the concept of "friendship" from a female with a grain of salt.... Always.

The way a female views friendship (which IMO is very fickle) & the way a guy views a friendship (rather seriously) is hardly the same....

It's either she "wants you like that", or she doesn't.... Period.

The guys that still chase women that have put them in a box (the so-called friend zone) thinking that she'll eventually cave in to his persistence b/c they believe it's a game of cat & mouse (a.k.a hard-to-get), will always come out losing in the end.... Nothing good (romantic-wise/relationship-wise) can emanate from a situation like that.... Guys create more problems for themselves by engaging in that pu**yhounding crap - More of us (guys) need to realize this & move the hell on to the next chick.....

It's sad to see MF-ers drooling over & simping & white knighting & otherwise tryna get in good graces with a chick that does not want you sexually.... Quite frankly, I think it's god damn pathetic.....

"That's the best lookin chick I've ever seen in my life - Until I saw another chick that looks even BETTER"

Lmfao !

I agree!

That's the thing I hate too... I hate it when girls don't give you a simple no when they don't want to go out with you...

I was going after this one girl in HS... I had asked her out and she was like "Sorry but I'm waiting for a certain someone to ask me out"... At first I was upset but then I laughed because I knew the guy she was waiting for had no feelings for her... What made it even funnier is that in the end, he asked out her friend and not her...

I hear some guys actually made it out of the friend zone... That's very rare though...

LOL at your last sentence...

Might as well move out of New York when I can. Hopefully I can find the woman of my dreams elsewhere since there is no hope here. Most women here are very rude too.

I love it out here, as much as I am homesick, but for the sake of kitten as she's in her first trimester now I had to get her out of NYC fast. It wouldn't be healthy for her as I was saying. She's doing better. But she's starting to get morning sickness here and there but not too serious.

But advice: If you got it going in NYC, stay there! Establish yourdself and make a name for yourself career-wise here. Then once you get the big break travel around and venture out to the other states where you can find beautiful women. Women down south tend to have not the slim NY bodies but are really in shape with curvy bodies, not to say the least the Asian ladies here, 100% American, gorgeous, and not with the rude NYC attitude. (It is what it is)

Happy Father's Day gentlemen!

• 7 months later...

Picking up from the ground this dormant thread.

Anyhow, I took a break from the scene in favor of prioritizing other aspects in my life and to enjoy activities I could not do when I felt weighed down by my last relationship.

Well within the last few weeks I began to converse in depth with someone I see on campus regularly as well as on the bus in the commute back home. We met up for coffee tonight on the honest account that I had nothing better to do.

More came from it and now I'm back in the game. Hopefully without the offline and online drama and bullshit that killed my last one. Nice to at least have one positive thing to lament on this week.

That's all, thanks and peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh damn I remember this thread lol...

Let's see, to make a long story short, I'm single again after a year and a half and I'm actually loving it this time around. Not gonna get into details on what happened, but we finally called it quits last month.

...fast forward to now. My older brother got him a girl, and one day while I was at his house, she was like she has a friend for me. I said sure why not, let's see how far I can take this one, and come to find out as I'm talking to the girl, she works in Cross County along with me (she works in Old Navy and I'm in Sears) and we actually saw each other before. She was the person that rung me up when I went in there to get a shirt for work.

I'm not rushing and neither is she. She's older than me by about 2 years and has a car. Only thing is that she lives in Yonkers, but I ain't worried about that. 2014 looking good so far lol

Well at this point I am single after an emotionally devastating relationship. As the saying goes if you got lemons, well make lemonade.

I believe in the bootstrap mentality. In the dating scene Asian women are particular about the man they date where it pertains to cultural background, ethnicity and economic status. I didnt create the rules so dont kill the messenger.

But I will adapt and score, no point wallowing in sadness, rather do something about it! 

The key here is is for me as a man of color (Mixed Asian for the record fellas) is to continue to improve on myself. In looks, emotional and mental outlook, self esteem, skill, career minded economic success, and spirituality. Furthermore I am seeing to it I become economically successful at a level I never been before making that money as many single men straight across are striving to do. Reaching new horizons.

Once I reach my goals and complete them I can have any girl from anywhere in the globe that I want, winning it all in the brutal dating game. I can have them swooning once I reach the point that I am economically successful and self actualized. Having a six pack stomach set of abs helps.

I had an interesting conversation recently over the phone with a black man who is married to a gorgeous Asian woman married with kids. I've known them for many years in Maryland. He stated one day to me that he did indeed endure much persecution because of the hate he received simply because he is in an interracial relationship with a Asian woman. His in laws wanted their daughter to marry Asian or white, but she refused. 

It came to the point he was nearly shot by his father in law. But as a couple they persevered. And now they are doing well in the state of Maryland where I've lived for a period of time.

I've also had dinner with a couple who is engaged last night. The man is white the woman is Asian. So they invited me, so I went accepting the invite. I didnt regret it, they showed excellent hospitality. We've talked about the issue of interracial marriage after some beers and such and he also had many words of wisdom as to what it takes to get the woman you truly want despite what the haters think.

Its simple. Dont give up. Develop a strategy, and be patient with yourself as you work hard to be the best man you can be. Eventually the girl of your dreams will come by and notice, you will get her and win her heart. I am dedicated to this goal of finding that girl.

So I consider my single state at this point a blessing in disguise. Because I am in the process of transforming myself into a man who any woman will desire with my enhanced qualities. Its actually not just physical looks alone. It requires an outgoing personality and demonstration of success, a good heart and intelligence and skill. If anyone can master that he will be going places not going for the scraps but for real having a darling girl of his dreams as a girlfriend, possibly even as a wife.

For me its a beautiful Asian woman, point blank. A man is perfectly entitled to his preference in women, despite what people say because I really dont care. I know who I want and will win her heart that is all there is to it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Relationships are good if both can make it work, I've known my girlfriend for six years we we're friends until we decided to be in a relationship, sometimes its best to be patient, now a days you have to be lucky to find the right person, once you find someone who likes you for you don't f*ck it up, be with that person because at the end of the day that one person loves you for you

• 1 month later...

I want a nice little Spanish mamí as my first girlfriend. I don't want to date inside my race because for some reason I have this tendency to rarely find any black woman attractive (not that I have a problem with them in general) the only exception I'll make is Beyoncé, but otherwise my preference is either Caucasian or Latina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a nice little Spanish mamí as my first girlfriend. I don't want to date inside my race because for some reason I have this tendency to rarely find any black woman attractive (not that I have a problem with them in general) the only exception I'll make is Beyoncé, but otherwise my preference is either Caucasian or Latina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(many) Black women are (varying degrees of) annoying... A real pain in the ass to deal with...

I want a nice little Spanish mamí as my first girlfriend. I don't want to date inside my race because for some reason I have this tendency to rarely find any black woman attractive (not that I have a problem with them in general) the only exception I'll make is Beyoncé, but otherwise my preference is either Caucasian or Latina. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you're mixed or of a light skin shade, I guess I could understand since folks are usually attracted to what they look like... If you are dark skinned though, I would say there's nothing wrong with going out with a dark skinned black girl.  I've never personally done it because it's my cup of tea (prefer Latinas or Italians quite frankly), but I'm sure some folks would say that there are some good looking dark skinned black women.

Well if you're mixed or of a light skin shade, I guess I could understand since folks are usually attracted to what they look like... If you are dark skinned though, I would say there's nothing wrong with going out with a dark skinned black girl.  I've never personally done it because it's my cup of tea (prefer Latinas or Italians quite frankly), but I'm sure some folks would say that there are some good looking dark skinned black women.

Dark skinned black women are the most attractive imo with their rich, smooth complexion. Man don't even let me start with the pics  :D

When white men date out, they usually go for the real chocolate blacks, not so much of the caramel ones. At least from what I've seen.

Dark skinned black women are the most attractive imo with their rich, smooth complexion. Man don't even let me start with the pics  :D

When white men date out, they usually go for the real chocolate blacks, not so much of the caramel ones. At least from what I've seen.

LMAO... They want some real sugar not Splenda!  :lol:

Archived