Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Welcome to the hood, where it's inhabitants are numb to shit that those living outside of it would be greatly cautious of & affected (mentally) by...... nzzzz's can't aim to save their lives & nzzzz's walkin around aimlessly when real shit's goin down... I forget which comedian said it, but dude was like, when we (meaning blacks) see people runnin out the club, we start runnin & don't even know why we runnin..... But when white people see people runnin out the club, white people will stop & ask questions..... It's funny because it's true... I think it was cedric the entertainer that said it......

Anyway, Now I wouldn't stand there & talk on my phone if I hear bullets ringing out (vast majority of shootouts you hear about on the news that don't involve cops, often involve an innocent bystander gettin hit), but I have walked past someone that was ailing on the floor after having gotten shot (two separate occasions) & someone that got stabbed on one occasion....

And hell, I can't count on two hands how many women I've seen the stew beat out of em by their dude.....I'm not white knighting for these rats out here because quite frankly, lot of these broads I think deserve the ass-kickings they get.... All in all, I'm not really on that "snitches get stitches" tip, I'm more on the "MYOB" tip.....

I would apologize for going off topic... but this is.... the off topic thread.... Lol.

p.s. - For those that may think I'm a "hood dude" (smh).... No, I'm not, or don't proclaim to be (and for damn sure, don't try to glorify it) - I just know how to survive in your average one..... Street smarts enable me to routefan the areas I'm totally unaware of, that I do....

p.s.s. - I was thinkin to myself as I watched the video the first time..... Betty shabazz (which has a reputation of being one of the worst schools in NYC) isn't in lefferts gardens, that's over there in brownsville IINM.... I had to listen to the video again to realize they were referencing two separate incidents

(the mother gettin shot, and this dude standin around smokin & talkin on his cell)....

No one thinks that dude. I would think that that makes you more intelligent overall, especially over someone who was sheltered all their life. I not suprisingly have to deal people belonging to the latter group a lot.

I had an absolutely WONDERFUL experience today. So for my friends birthday we were all going to a movie over at Crossgates, that starts at 9:15. So it's 7:59, and I get a text message saying "Change of plans; the movie starts at 7:45." And i'm thinking "WTF!? It's 7:59!" I scroll down and it says "Sent at 4:59 PM". This is why I need to get my other phone fixed, because on a regular basis, this phone won't let me see messages anywhere from 1 minute to 9 hours after they are sent. So i'm thinking, "Ok, I might be able to make it half-way." So i'm waiting at Washington Ave, and a 10 pulls up. I ask the B/O, is there a 12 behind you? (Because the 10 and the 12 both go to Crossgates, and normally come at the same time downtown, and the 12 is supposed to be 15 minutes faster) She says "Yes", so I wait and then finally 7 minutes later a 12 shows up, and it makes Every. Single. Stop. (Except for those two stops that nobody ever uses) And then since I got the rookie driver, he accidently goes into Crossgates Commons instead of Crossgates Mall, and he doesn't know how to get out, so he loops around twice before finding an exit, and then he can't find his way around Crossgates Mall, and we loop around there twice too, before finally getting to my stop.And what do I see when I get out of the bus? The 10 I passed up, ready to turn around and head back. And then, I get lost in Crossgates itself! And by that time there's only 45ish minutes left in the movie, and I still had to pay $11! And of course I have to go a row down from everybody else because all the seats are full in that row. And then of course everybody yells at me that I was late yadda yadda.... Meh, I don't think anybody was that mad at me for it. Hopefully the party tomorrow won't be as bad. (Oh yeah, did I mention everybodys phone was on silent?)

[/rant]

I had an absolutely WONDERFUL experience today. So for my friends birthday we were all going to a movie over at Crossgates, that starts at 9:15. So it's 7:59, and I get a text message saying "Change of plans; the movie starts at 7:45." And i'm thinking "WTF!? It's 7:59!" I scroll down and it says "Sent at 4:59 PM". This is why I need to get my other phone fixed, because on a regular basis, this phone won't let me see messages anywhere from 1 minute to 9 hours after they are sent. So i'm thinking, "Ok, I might be able to make it half-way." So i'm waiting at Washington Ave, and a 10 pulls up. I ask the B/O, is there a 12 behind you? (Because the 10 and the 12 both go to Crossgates, and normally come at the same time downtown, and the 12 is supposed to be 15 minutes faster) She says "Yes", so I wait and then finally 7 minutes later a 12 shows up, and it makes Every. Single. Stop. (Except for those two stops that nobody ever uses) And then since I got the rookie driver, he accidently goes into Crossgates Commons instead of Crossgates Mall, and he doesn't know how to get out, so he loops around twice before finding an exit, and then he can't find his way around Crossgates Mall, and we loop around there twice too, before finally getting to my stop.And what do I see when I get out of the bus? The 10 I passed up, ready to turn around and head back. And then, I get lost in Crossgates itself! And by that time there's only 45ish minutes left in the movie, and I still had to pay $11! And of course I have to go a row down from everybody else because all the seats are full in that row. And then of course everybody yells at me that I was late yadda yadda.... Meh, I don't think anybody was that mad at me for it. Hopefully the party tomorrow won't be as bad. (Oh yeah, did I mention everybodys phone was on silent?)

[/rant]

I wouldn't have bothered to go.

over there by PS 219..... that's about a 10 min walk from where I am (well, with the way I walk anyway).... 15 mins. tops...

* Bing also stated it would take me 25 mins to walk from my crib to that area.... which is funny to me

In 25 mins, I can walk from my crib to utica av subway (3)(4)

I can see 219 from my window (tited of looking at it TBH lol) since im in the back building and it just so happens my window faces the back of the complex.

The fact that the street grid breaks up on some weird ass angle by Remsen and the street numbers jump from like the 50s to the 90s is also what makes the walk longer. Damn blocks end at odd ass angles and you gotta walk over an extra block just to continue walking

No one thinks that dude. I would think that that makes you more intelligent overall, especially over someone who was sheltered all their life. I not suprisingly have to deal people belonging to the latter group a lot.

Well bro, I had that in quotes for a reason.... To be blunt, I'm almost certain the other resident snobs that were/are on this forum saw/see me in that light because I use improper vernacular & slang profanity at times in my posts (I'm laughing as I'm typing this by the way).... All in all, I'm not the one clutching bags closer & clenching my woman tighter when those types of people pass by me....

(To this day, whenever I see people do either of those two things, I actually chuckle b/c it says more about them... I never found that offensive...)

Personally, I think most sheltered people are shallow & have bland personalities anyway....

It's just like this chick (who is now a baby mamma of 6 different kids {last time I heard} - had a good job at a bank & ended up getting fired b/c she stole money - How much time she served for that, I don't know, but she's out now) & her 3 brothers (2 of which are criminals; one of which done followed behind his father's footsteps (being a drug dealer) & one of which is serving jail time right now for taking part in gang raping some chick - dumb MF-er uploaded it on one of the tube sites also... of the 3 of those boys, this was the one I was most surprised at; he was a meek little dude growing up)

... the other brother (the youngest, who's along w/ my little brother in age) is headed down the road of being a f^*#up as well) that lived across the street from me on my old block... He (my brother) disassociated with him when he noticed dude started smoking & doing all types of other stupid shit..... I'm the last person to wanna toot his own horn, but I think I'm one hell of an influence on my siblings....

^^ Mind you, Their parents had money - they had the nicest/upkept house on the block, and they were always gettin major renovations done to their house; seemed like every other summer almost.... the mother was a nurse & the father did construction (prolly got drug money stashed somewhere too)....

When me & my homies used to be out playing 'ball, baseball, football or w/e, their parents aint NEVER let them kids out the gate, as if we were the undesirables in the neighborhood.... Now look how they turned out.

-----------

Nonetheless, thanks for the compliment though, Turbo.

I would apologize for going off topic... but this is.... the off topic thread.... Lol.

Well, even if this wasn't the off-topic thread, it's still relevant to what I posted.

p.s. - For those that may think I'm a "hood dude" (smh).... No, I'm not, or don't proclaim to be (and for damn sure, don't try to glorify it) - I just know how to survive in your average one..... Street smarts enable me to routefan the areas I'm totally unaware of, that I do....

p.s.s. - I was thinkin to myself as I watched the video the first time..... Betty shabazz (which has a reputation of being one of the worst schools in NYC) isn't in lefferts gardens, that's over there in brownsville IINM.... I had to listen to the video again to realize they were referencing two separate incidents

(the mother gettin shot, and this dude standin around smokin & talkin on his cell)....

Well, the rule is that much of the time, you can avoid trouble if you don't go looking for it, and just use common sense. Most of the crime you hear is because of a drug deal gone bad or stuff like that. The other part is just having common sense and staying alert.

Yeah, and I was wondering why they said something about Flatbush and then talked about Lefferts Gardens. :wacko:

In any case, I made a blog post that some people might be interested in.

http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog34514-analysis-demographic-changes-staten-island.html

I can see 219 from my window (tired of looking at it TBH lol) since im in the back building and it just so happens my window faces the back of the complex.

The fact that the street grid breaks up on some weird ass angle by Remsen and the street numbers jump from like the 50s to the 90s is also what makes the walk longer. Damn blocks end at odd ass angles and you gotta walk over an extra block just to continue walking

I know what you mean; Same deal with E 98th st on the north end, w/ the diagonal it runs on.....

and Lol... fam, you don't know how many people have stopped & asked me in my lifetime how do I get to (some street in the 80's)...

My personal favorite is when they ask for "E 50th st"... I give them the wtf look & commence in tellin em, there is no east 50th st....

"then what's after 49th st; I see the numbers go in order here"

- Utica av

"then what's after that"

- East 51st....

Anyway, Usually when I have to head in that general area in question you mentioned (which isn't often), I just walk over to the (*exhale*) B7, then do what I have to do from there.... Clarkson's got the B47, but I stay missing that damn bus, regardless of w/e direction I'm traveling in..... Thank god I'm closer to the B46 If I need kings plz. (or need to catch the Q35 @ f'bush).....

Well, the rule is that much of the time, you can avoid trouble if you don't go looking for it, and just use common sense. Most of the crime you hear is because of a drug deal gone bad or stuff like that. The other part is just having common sense and staying alert.

Yeah, and I was wondering why they said something about Flatbush and then talked about Lefferts Gardens. :wacko:

In any case, I made a blog post that some people might be interested in.

http://www.city-data...ten-island.html

That blog looks like something you actually took time & did extensive research on/for.... Good job.

Question though:

I think you told me before (if so, refresh my memory), but where is Meiers Corners ?

Edited by B35 via Church

That blog looks like something you actually took time & did extensive research on/for.... Good job.

Question though:

I think you told me before (if so, refresh my memory), but where is Meiers Corners ?

Thanks, man. Well, as the saying goes, it was a labor of love (I mean, hey, you know how I like stats. ;) ). A lot of that stuff I posted about I was actually wondering about myself. For example, I stumbled across the census data saying there were more Latinos than Blacks in Mariners' Harbor, when between the friends who lived there, and walking around the neighborhood, and riding the buses there, I thought the opposite was true. So then when I tutored little kids in that area, I realized how many of them were Latino, and then everything made sense to me. And then the stuff about West Brighton and everything I found interesting, so I figured I might as well make a blog post putting together everything I found out over the course of the past few years. Now that I think about it, there's a few other things I wanted to talk about, so maybe I'll edit that up a little, or make a second post.

Actually, back in 9th grade, we had to work with some Wagner College students to compare the area by their school (Grymes Hill) to the area by our school (Port Richmond) in terms of a bunch of things (race, income, etc). That's probably what got me interested in the stuff in the first place.

Meiers Corners is basically south of Castleton Corners. Basically, if you go on Google Maps and look at the area where it says "Emerson Hill", that's actually Meiers Corners. So say, south of the SIE, up to Brielle, and then from Manor Road to a few blocks west of Bradley. Somewhere between Bradley & Woolley would be the border between Meiers Corners & Willowbrook (at least, IMO).

Emerson Hill is the area near Clove Road & the SIE, behind Petrides and all that. So when you're going westbound on the SIE, and if you look to your left and see that big retaining wall, that area is Emerson Hill.

I know what you mean; Same deal with E 98th st on the north end, w/ the diagonal it runs on.....

and Lol... fam, you don't know how many people have stopped & asked me in my lifetime how do I get to (some street in the 80's)...

My personal favorite is when they ask for "E 50th st"... I give them the wtf look & commence in tellin em, there is no east 50th st....

"then what's after 49th st; I see the numbers go in order here"

- Utica av

"then what's after that"

- East 51st....

Anyway, Usually when I have to head in that general area in question you mentioned (which isn't often), I just walk over to the (*exhale*) B7, then do what I have to do from there.... Clarkson's got the B47, but I stay missing that damn bus, regardless of w/e direction I'm traveling in..... Thank god I'm closer to the B46 If I need kings plz. (or need to catch the Q35 @ f'bush).....

That B7 is a joke on its own. Since I been in Brownsville (been a little over a year), I took the B7 once and that was pure luck.

I usually walk to her house anyway since that B17 comes when it wants to during the afternoon reverse peak, and im not gonna waste money for the 35 since its a short ride.

Now that you brought it up, I haven't been to Kings Plaza in years. Last time I can truly say I went there was right before they took the theater out.

I saw BIG yesterday and noticed that Encore assigned it "graphic language"... a little exaggerated much? iirc, Spaceballs has the f-bomb, but I don't recall Encore or Cinemax assigning it GL... smh.

^ Regarding Spaceballs, TCM did rate it TV-MA-L for that reason. :/

Edited by IRT Bronx Express

Please, language is nothing. Seeing people get beat up is something serious.

THE FOLLOWING IS SIMPLY COPYPASTA: IF YOU ARE BUTTHURT BECAUSE OF IT, SEEK HELP.

What the f**k did you just f**king say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the f**k out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my f**king words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, f****r. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re f**king dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your f**king tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re f**king dead, kiddo.

I cannot believe how gullible I am. I was at a get together with my friends yesterday, and somebody said to me. "Hey, does this cupcake smell weird?" And so I go to smell it, and it goes right in my face. (I threw it in her hair later as revenge) When I woke up this morning, there was still some in my nose....

Edited by CDTA

I found this article kind of interesting. It basically says that "affluent" women prefer gifts cards to actual gifts, so they can buy their own gifts.

The thing is that means you're committed to shopping at that one store for your gift. Personally, if somebody were to give me a gift, I'd just prefer straight cash, unless it's something I was planning to get anyway (and was dead-set on it).

In any case, I was browsing through some old threads and came across this one. I was surprised I didn't comment in it. TBH, I didn't really see anything wrong with the way she was eating it. It wasn't like she was leaving a mess all over the place. (On a side note, that girl wasn't too bad-looking, the one with the green cap). The only thing wrong was when she started getting in the woman's face.

BTW, the video embedded in that thread no longer works, but I found one that does:

BTW, how easy is it to save videos to your computer? I've never done it before.

You need an FLV converter.

Personally, I prefer this one because of the lack of ads, and high quality. http://www.ixconverter.net

Since i'm assuming you don't have an FLV player, (IIRC Windows can't play FLV files with default software), convert it to AVI.

You need an FLV converter.

Personally, I prefer this one because of the lack of ads, and high quality. http://www.ixconverter.net

Since i'm assuming you don't have an FLV player, (IIRC Windows can't play FLV files with default software), convert it to AVI.

I'm not sure what browser you use, but on firefox, I have the flashgot addon installed..... Everytime the browser detects streaming media on w/e page I'm on, a button ["FG Media ()] appears out of the blue next to the "reload" button... inside the parentheses is the # of media on the page it detects..... all I do is right click on the button & select the file I want to d/l, and it starts downloading right away.....

You don't need a converter if you have some sort of .flv player already installed w/ the appropriate codecs (media player classic does the job for me).... I wouldn't suggest converting FLV's to AVI's though, but that's just my opinion....

For any additional info, PM me..... Don't wanna post links to wares on the open forum here.

===============================

What I originally came in here to say was:

How many of you all can't stand asskissers.... Had 4 ladies from sales (2 yesterday, 2 today) come up to me tryna sweet talk me into choosing them for a particular project.... Little do they know I don't have 100% say in who gets selected anyway..... One of the ladies (today) even went as far as to buy me some sort of salad & rotisserie chicken on steroids (all of which went right in the damn garbage when the janitor came to collect the trash not too long ago).... I haven't ate a f&*(# salad since I was in middle school, and I gagged & threw that up back then.....

one of the girls yesterday tried to come around my desk & sit on my lap... I threatened her by saying, I should report this to your boss (her boss is my peer, one of the ladies I sometimes go out to lunch with)... Boy did she get the apologizing then boy, some ole little 4 foot nothin, 19-20 year old lookin chick.... Talkin about I'm one of the realest guys in this place, I'm not gay lookin, this that & the third.... I am not your peer & I am not your homie either....

Some nerve.